Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
It drives me nuts when my cabinets get out of order, lol. My kitchen has a 10' pantry on 1 wall with 3 doors. It takes awhile to do it right and a lot longer when it gets screwed up. It is one thing I will definately miss in this house WHEN it sells, I have hugh closets and so much storage. Even my linen closet in the master is 5' wide.
My last house had two pantrys and a linen closet. I have no idea what they were thinking about when they built this house or maybe it is a NC thing but no pantrys and no linen closet.I do have a big walk in closet so in the back I put a linen closet of sorts and bought two white tall cabinets that I put in the garage for a pantry. That is a pain in the neck.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
The best way to maintain good credit is never get a divorce! Fortunately I have no c. cards, no personal loans, bus. loans. It is cash and carry for me forever more.

Off subject for a minute but I have the most amazing dog, well both are but.. I put some bisquits in the oven and came in to check my e-mails, afew minutes later my Ranger came in crying and running in circles. I thought he wanted a cookie but when I asked him what he wanted he ran to the oven, my bisquits were burning! No smoke or anything but they were turning black, he must have been able to smell them or something. I am just so proud of him!!!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Lorrie! I would be ticked too...i wouldn't cancel the card until THEY get your record straightened out and it wouldn't hurt to get a letter from them stating it was their mistake, just for future reference. I am almost afraid to get our credit report...we have not been delinquent, we just owed a lot of money for a while, which reduced our creditworthyness..Is that a word. Hopefully when we get going with this mortgage we are looking better. Still working at paying off a couple of the credit cards...we got in so much trouble down in Utah..well, I am still not recovered I guess...we always had such excellent credit..
That is what pissed of hubby you work so hard to pay your dept down and then this. Anyone can see it is a mistake except them. No we won't cancel that card yet but when hubby said we want a letter from them they said they never do that. This is all because of the credit situation but no need to make up an untruth. I am waiting for a letter from them also since I have the same credit card but a different number.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Hi Lorriem, they do the same thing here in the new houses. Nice walk-ins in the master and useless in the rest of the house. We built a 3 million dollar monster on the water afew yrs ago, the master had 2 giant walk ins, but the rest of the house had no coat closets, linen closets and the 2 other bedrooms had 4' closets. Never could understand it. The lady told me she doesnt store belongings she put them on display! I thought to myself well excuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Lorrie - maybe contact the Banking Commissioner in your state-by certified letter.

Noticed on our on-line report we had 2 looks Mon and 5 yesterday. We blew out late yesterday, over a foot. I'm sick of white right now-more coming tomorrow and Sat.

We were going out tonight to our local Chers for a few drinks and early meal but have decided to do pizza at home.

I've lost 40 lbs since June and have done it low and slow-I miss and crave nothing-just made up my mind to take control of my life back from the depression of living here. I gained that weight since we moved here-I feel like a new person again. Trick is do not use the word diet-it's lifestyle change.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Hey Lorrie,

It may have just been part of the bank's policy to decrease all credit card lines. Don't get upset and take it personally, yet. We had a recent situation with a HELOC. We started building on our land, and then for no reason B of A, without telling us, pulled the rest of the remaining credit. We went to the bank and asked why, and they said it was just current policy. The thing that was scary was they didn't tell you (so you wouldn't have time to use the remaining line) and you could have checks already sent out based on the remaining balance. We just happened to look on the computer, before transferring money from the line to our checking account, and it was gone. We received a letter about a week later informing us. Luckily, we pleaded our case and they gave it back, or we would have been in serious trouble...owed money to the contractor and building supply, based on the line. The thing that really sucks is that we were told we could lock in for free. Well when interest rates went way down, we thought, great, but in reality their lock-in rate is still near 8% (live and learn). We now have two loans, and can't sell our house. How did your doggies do? Bet they were glad to see you.

Last edited by tambre; 12-31-2008 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Add stuff

Old 12-31-2008, 07:53 AM

Morning to all my camper friends!
2008 has come and gone, well almost, and we are now at the thresh hold of 2009. It has been some yr, hasn't it? We have shared alot of laughs, some tears, good news and bad. We have jumped with joy and ranted on all the turmoil and stress. So, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all the hand holding and freindships over the past year. Lets all hope that we find success and get on with our lives in 2009. And to be grateful for each other and the bond created. So when we all sell in 2009 we will continue to support, chat and stay in touch for all the ups and downs that life hands out. You all are the best! 2009 Will be our year!!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 AM

What a great post Painter!!!!

Happiest of New Years'!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning to all my camper friends!
2008 has come and gone, well almost, and we are now at the thresh hold of 2009. It has been some yr, hasn't it? We have shared alot of laughs, some tears, good news and bad. We have jumped with joy and ranted on all the turmoil and stress. So, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all the hand holding and freindships over the past year. Lets all hope that we find success and get on with our lives in 2009. And to be grateful for each other and the bond created. So when we all sell in 2009 we will continue to support, chat and stay in touch for all the ups and downs that life hands out. You all are the best! 2009 Will be our year!!!!!
wahoo! You rock Painter. Happy New Year 2009!! I am glad I wont be going to Times Square this year! SUpposed to get snow up North....and it won't be pretty!! I will be curled up on my couch with Mr. Socks! LOL>>> I probably will have to tape the ball falling lol ...since I won't make it to midnight lol....Supposed to get 50 mph winds tonight and maybe 1 inch of snow!

Lacey- when are the people coming to see your house?Did they reschedule yet?? We are left open ended now waiting to see if they will be coming for the weekend. Supposedly they own a restaurant and can only come certain times.... I am crossing everything for us all..

Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi NJSocks-heard nothing yet-no news=good news? Yuk.

Happy New Year to you and yours. Wow batten down the hatches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate