Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 PM

525 posts, read 1,298,459 times

Advertisements

Lacey, I sure was. I wanted to throw myself out a window. LOL These people literally drove by Sunday, saw the house Monday, got financing Tuesday, and bought it Wednesday. It's like they fell out of the sky. We are losing a big chunk of change, so it doesn't feel like all roses. But I know we just have to suck up the monetary loss and appreciate the fact that we finally get to move on, assuming this deal is finalized. I am praying that you all have some luck soon. I know how hard this is!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
We got our offer!!!!!!!! Full price minus $2500 towards closing costs. And the guy who's buying it works for BB&T. And they are talking about not even having an inspection. Are they crazy? I mean I won't fight them on that, but geesh!

They do want to close Jan. 15 though. I don't know what their reasons are, but we might ask for an extra week or two. That's only 4.5 weeks away, and Christmas is in there...gah. I'm not sure I am really letting myself believe that it happened......

Conrats Boocake aka Sara

Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
ATTENTION CAMPERS, we have an offer on a house -Boocake's buyer have thrown it out there!!!!
SEE there is hope and there ARE buyers out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOCAKE aka SARA (grin) what a wonderful 'gift' for you just in time for christmas for you!!
This is sooooooooo exciting...
oih come on girl you can move by the 15th!!! Well hopefully well if you are gonna move to Mom's house then maybe you might a need a few extra days!!

wow this is so exciting...they must have really known what they wanted WHAT great BUYERS

Last edited by crazyma; 12-10-2008 at 08:14 PM..

Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Boocake - IF YOU COULD SEE ME I AM JUMPING UP & DOWN FOR YOU!!!!!! Finally some good news, it gives me abit of hope. Cograts, I would start packin the day after Christmas and be ready to roll, wouldnt try to put off closing now. That is me though!! HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT, YOU DESERVE IT, GIRL.....

Old 12-10-2008, 07:54 PM

painter we actually came to that conclusion a little while ago as well. We're not going to push closing any further out. We're just going to figure this out and get it done! And thanks so much!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Congratulations, Boocake!

I don't have the time to go back and catch up. I'm pretty far behind, it's late and I'm tired. Y'all like to talk. lol So congratulations to those with good news, condolences to anyone who's lost a friend or family member, and "sorry" and (((hugs))) to those who feel discouraged or frustrated.

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday. Nothing bad or unusual was found. I just have to keep taking my medication.

I hope y'all are doing well. I thought about y'all the other day, wondering how everyone is doing.

I finally got my tree up and decorated. My husband is out of town, on his way to TX (they've stopped in MS for the night), and doesn't think he'll be back for about a week. Our anniversary is next Wednesday, but I'm not sure he'll be here for it. Since dh is gone, I'm going to try to put lights on the bushes outside. Not that I expect it to be hard or anyting, I've just never done it. I hope I don't make a mess of it. lol

~

Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,589 times
Boocake! I think so many of us had good vibes on this one. Wasn't this the couple that came through without out their agent? You let them in by themselves? Maybe, they felt more relaxed to really spend time by themselves without someone hovering over them. You can make it by the 15th! I bet there are things you can start packing right away! Are you going to move yourself? I bet you can get boxes off Craigslist. Also, we found those big rubbermaid things are great! I packed ALL my classroom books and supplies in there. Very sturdy and you can reuse them. Take your time, but pace it all. Believe me it goes by FAST, but try to have a game plan STARTING ASAP since you have a little one. Congratulations!!!

Painter- Thanks for the DM. Did the storms let up? Thanks for the tip. Also, thanks for the tip even though it was to Crazyma about blinds. We don't know what to do in our new place. In SC, we had plantation shutters in our bedroom and dining room. ( They were in front of the house). I loved my p.s. but it also went with the style of house. I do not think our house up here would look good with them. Its just not the style. We had the 2 in wood blinds in the rest of the rooms. They were great! Yes, part of me wants to go whats in, but then a part of me is like...who cares as long as we like it. Five years from now it will be something WAY different I am sure!

Judy- You must be our Christmas shopping because I haven't seen you here in a couple of days! I know you said you hadn't started yet. Thinking about you!

Crazyma- We did go look at appliances only at Home Depot because it was near where we were. -Wont be getting them there! They had ONLY 4 gas stoves! They were all stainless and just plain. I wasn't impressed. They only had stainless refrigerators...then we found out you could just order the black. I didn't want to do that anyhow unless I could see the black. Black is not just black. I wanted to see if it was the glossy black or something else. The guy was clueless and just kept hounding us to buy. We will be going soon as we can get in the house. The movers are coming until the 19th now so we will be in the apartment until at least the 20th. We have to move the apartment stuff ourselves. I loved "your" stove that you want!

Niki- Our anniversary is the 18th! Its crazy with Christmas isn't it? We also have my dh's birthday on the 22nd! This year is both milestones. He is turning 40 and I wanted to do something special, but with ALL the chaos, I am not sure. We always said they we end up celebrating at other times of the year with our anniversary and his birthday because usually we just spend money on Christmas. I am sorry you two will be apart. Its no fun, I know! Will you do anything special later on?

Sending lots of good vibes to everyone!

When you all are out Christmas shopping, are you seeing a lot of people? We went Sunday and I was shocked that we walked right in line to check out. No wait.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM

Thanks raising! Yes these are the people who stopped by without their agent. Thank goodness we let them do it!! We are signing the paperwork at noon, but one thing outstanding is whether or not we can rent the home back from them for a couple of weeks to give us just a bit of breathing room. I think that would make things about a BILLION times easier on us. I'm not sure if they are in a hurry to just CLOSE, or to actually move, too, so hopefully we'll hear something back on that soon. I definitely don't want to inconvenience them, but maybe they are in a situation where that wouldn't be a big deal. So we'll see.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,589 times
Yes, I do not think it is a big deal just asking. What is the worst that can happen? They say no and you get things in order.

I would just tell them if nothing else that with the holidays and family you just need a little bit of time. Maybe, if you could by time until the end of January. Can you start moving things into your mom's house a little at a time?

Did your agent that if they say no,,,YOU STILL WANT THE DEAL? LOL.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times
Quote:
We got our offer!!!!!!!! Full price minus $2500 towards closing costs. And the guy who's buying it works for BB&T. And they are talking about not even having an inspection.

They do want to close Jan. 15 though. I don't know what their reasons are, but we might ask for an extra week or two. That's only 4.5 weeks away, and Christmas is in there...gah. I'm not sure I am really letting myself believe that it happened......
Oh my gosh!!! I am sooo excited for you! Congrat's! How exciting that we finally have a sold sign going up around here!

Quote:
Thanks raising! Yes these are the people who stopped by without their agent. Thank goodness we let them do it!! We are signing the paperwork at noon, but one thing outstanding is whether or not we can rent the home back from them for a couple of weeks to give us just a bit of breathing room. I think that would make things about a BILLION times easier on us. I'm not sure if they are in a hurry to just CLOSE, or to actually move, too, so hopefully we'll hear something back on that soon. I definitely don't want to inconvenience them, but maybe they are in a situation where that wouldn't be a big deal. So we'll see.
I would ask them about that. The house that we are closing on next week will be renting the house back from us until the end of January. We are in no hurry to actually move, we just wanted to closing done and over with.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate