Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times

Advertisements

Good Morning to all our Crazy campers! Did we all survive the weekend? It was quiet here that is for sure.

dogmom, sure didn't expect to hear from you so soon. Figured you would be out in the sea with your dancin' shoes and fancy drinks, not posting. Okay can we say Hello my name is Dogmom and I am a crazy addict? Just kiddin, it is great how we all check on each other, and I hope you have the bestest of time on your trip!

Well here is the local RE gossip-they are claiming the calls are getting better and they think with rates down, some mortgages are loosening requirerments abit that things are going to pick up. Hmmm, wishful thinking? Also since all the forclosures and short sales are not closing that people are looking more into the resale homes. This made sense to me, also there is talk of the banks holding off on some forclosures till after the 1st of the yr, (wow, afew weeks). I just wish all of these bargain hunters would forget about the shortsales and realize that resale has less problems and that they too are a bargain, well some are a bargain.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
HAMMY! ugh! What pigs those people are! gross. What is the matter with people?

Texas! I hope you hear something positive today from your buyers!! We will get together to do the glitter graphics one of these days soon!

Lacey- I wish we had snow!!! It is colddddddddddd here though!!

Painter! How goes it/???and Dogmom! I am so jealous of your trip!Go enjoy yourself!!

We went to NY to Rockefeller Center to watch the ice skaters in action,grab something to eat and went to Macy's on 34th! to see Santa!!! It was fun!!! but freezing!!!!! COuldn't even find FAO Schwartz toy store but will go back the day after xmas! get those bargoons!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing on the house. We are done with the realtor I believe Feb.1st so we will switch realtors after that or maybe do FSBO?!

Anyone here doing FSBO???

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times
Man Texas - I was hoping so bad I would log in today and see something! Your realtor needs to call you so that we can hear the feedback!

I do not know what is wrong with people. I would be so embarrassed if I left my house like that. I mean, there was toothpaste in the sick. Nasty! Apparently that is the way they lived and saw nothing wrong with it. It would make me ill to live in a home that was so dirty.

Kristine

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Painter that sounds optimistic but.........

Barb-relax and enjoy the cruise.

Hammy-there's no figuring people out.

Back from doctor and our options are surgery to remove 1' of small intestine and reconnect; remicade IV every 8 wks for life; increased prednisone. Right now we'll do the prednisone and hope. We go back in a month and the doctor is going to research everything he can as far as possible new drugs,etc. The one and only thing I'm thankful for here is our doctor, his staff ad the medical care you get. His docs in NJ should have caught this years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diet-no veggies, fruits, nuts,popcorn, beans (chili).

Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM

Lacey, I know that was not the news you wanted to hear, and I was so praying for good news. But you have alot to be thankful for, now you know what you face and treat it accordingly. Hopefully your drs will find something new, especially with advancements being made everyday. Hang tough girl and give that fella of yours a big hug from all of us. That diet is gonna take some getting use to, can he take any vitamins to replace what he will be missing from no veggies?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,690 times
Good morning girls!

TG@H- We are ALL wanting to hear something...anything!

Hammy- That is just plain YUCKY! You know, when we moved out, we tried to leave it as pristine as possible. At the end, I was like whatever, but it was little things like in our storage. I just was like sweep it out quick. The house was for sure move it ready! We washed down everything with bleach and water and made sure it was CLEAN! I for sure didn't want them to say nasty people lived here. LOL.

I am the type that will clean a HOTEL room spotless before we check out.LOL. Anyone else do that?

Lacey- Will Mr. L have an adjustment to his diet restrictions? I know you are a great cook ( lurked on the food/recipes section...LOL

NJ- It sounds like you had so much fun! How close are you to NY where you went?

Stoy- Hope you feel better today!

Ellen-Glad you joined us!

Boo- Sorry your buyers vanished. Its such a tough feeling to face.

Judy-Get busy Christmas Shopping! http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/Glynisan/2008/0812/clipart03soapoprah.gif (broken link)We finally got a few things yesterday! You need to start the dreaded process now since I did. LOL

Dogmom-You just popped in to say Nanana BOO BOO...you aren't here and I am while sticking out your toungue at us all, huh? LOL. Hope you are having a great time!

I can't remember who had the Chinese couple that saw there home, but could this be why they came to see your house?

Chinese go shopping for US real estate | theage.com.au

Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 AM

Hi Painter-yes I have had him on a mega vitamin for over a month plus giving him V8. I just hope we can make it thru til April after the wedding. We'll see. If it was me I would probably have opted for the surgery now and been healed by Jan/Feb.

Thanx Raising.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 AM

Lacey, You might want to talk to the Dr about the V8 drink. I use to have alot of stomach problems and they told me not to drink V8 due to the high acid in it, tomatoes expecially. Not sure on the spelling but what about something like Piedialite or Ensure drinks, they are suppose to be high in minerals/vitamins?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Thanx Painter-I figured that would be "liquid veggies" as the ilieum is so narrowed now that even a pea would get stuck.

There's a wonderful poster EWBadger who just dm'd me some wonderful, helpful information. Truly an angel sent at the right time.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,690 times
Lacey- You know thats one thing about on here, I think some people "come" to us and post for a reason. I have got ONLY one dm from some crazy that I didn't agree with. Most people are so helpful and willing to help and share their knowledge. As often as we see BAD in the world, there are still good people in it!

I am glad your angel came along. It will probably be a long road for you and Mr. L adjusting, but with prayers and good thoughts, I am sure that you both will make it through this tough spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate