Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2008, 06:31 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times

Advertisements

My entire body feels like it is going to fall apart. We helped my brother move into his new home yesterday and I am POOPED! DH was a mover and I was a cleaner. You cannot believe how dirty these people left their home. The kids bathroom was so nasty I told my SIL that I just could not clean it. There were little poop chunks behind the toilet, the entire area around the toilet had pee everywhere and there were fingernails an toenails laying on the floor. I just wante to puke. These people did not clean one thing before they moved out. So I spend 12 hours yesterday literally wiping down every piece of wood because it was so caked with dust you could barely see the wood.

Poor DH had to move 6 huge trailer loads of stuff in about 12 degree weather. It was SO COLD!

Kristine

Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Kristine-how disgusting. What is wrong with freakin' people. Our home is always spotless and if we ever get to move I will have a professional in to have the house pristine for the new owners.

I could never have done what you did.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:21 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Kristine, that sounds horrible, sorry you had to go thru that. Crazyma, yes i do sinus 'cleansing', not with a neti pot, but believe it or not, with a straw. Now that it's progressed to my chest I'm taking the herb mullein. I am feeling better. Lacey I know i should wait on the tree but i can't 'rest' one more day, i'm getting antsy. And i'd feel like i wasted a weekend if i didnt do something before back at work tomorrow.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Hammy, Those people must be related to the ones I kicked out of here! Did they have the birds and goats too? I would never leave a house in that shape and if I couldn't clean it then like Lacey said HIRE someone to do it.

Stoy, I wouldn't worry about getting out today, it may make you worse. Take another day to get well!

Texas I sure hope Monday is filled with good news!!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
My entire body feels like it is going to fall apart. We helped my brother move into his new home yesterday and I am POOPED! DH was a mover and I was a cleaner. You cannot believe how dirty these people left their home. The kids bathroom was so nasty I told my SIL that I just could not clean it. There were little poop chunks behind the toilet, the entire area around the toilet had pee everywhere and there were fingernails an toenails laying on the floor. I just wante to puke. These people did not clean one thing before they moved out. So I spend 12 hours yesterday literally wiping down every piece of wood because it was so caked with dust you could barely see the wood.

Poor DH had to move 6 huge trailer loads of stuff in about 12 degree weather. It was SO COLD!

Kristine
How can they do that. The home we sold in FL even though I had my cleaners do it every two weeks I asked them to do a complete clean out and even after that since the house hadn't closed yet I had them do a fresh up every month for two months until they closed. On the other hand the builder left saw dust and other things like screens that I had him put up filthy and the windows were bad also. We had to spend $300 for a complete cleanup. Why is it that we all leave our homes spotless and our new homes we have to clean. Not to fair.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Maybe it's about us knowing that we did the right thing (by cleaning our house before the new buyers moved in) and hoping that they appreciate it. And for the new houses that we buy, well what comes around goes around, right?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Maybe it's about us knowing that we did the right thing (by cleaning our house before the new buyers moved in) and hoping that they appreciate it. And for the new houses that we buy, well what comes around goes around, right?

I doubt it some people are just sloppy (I wanted to use another name but decided I shouldn't)
and even when they lived there they just don't seem to care. I know a few people like that and do not understand how they can live that way.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Hi campers..quick note, we are at sea..its 11:30 pm. eastern time..left miami at 4..so in the middle of nowhere right now..had a big dinner, listened to some BAD karoake..anyway wanted to check in and say hi....miss you all...

Barb

Old 12-07-2008, 10:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi campers..quick note, we are at sea..its 11:30 pm. eastern time..left miami at 4..so in the middle of nowhere right now..had a big dinner, listened to some BAD karoake..anyway wanted to check in and say hi....miss you all...

Barb
I am envious of you tonight! Today it was 19 degrees for a high with wind chill of 7 degrees here in Pittsburgh. I can't get warm today.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Morning all-TexasG hope you hear today.

Cold and snowing here-yuk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate