Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Well, let me tell y'all how the economy stimulated me today. I received a letter from my escrow company which pays my insurance and taxes. They debit my acct every month to the tune of $300.00. I have over $2200.00 in that acct.

The letter said "we are no longer staying in busines due to economy and hardship...blah-blah-blah. So I called them today and said "I want my money back." They said "THere is NO MONEY left! The CFO embezzled everyone's money and we are filing for disolution of the company. You will NOT get your money back."

So now I am letting every F bomb drop over the phone. To make a long story short. I got in touch with PA's State attorney general and Illinois state attorney general (The company is in Illinois) and I also hired a real estate attorney here in Pittsburgh.

Please pray that I get that money back because I haven't worked for over a month and my taxes are due! My homeowners insurance is paid until July. I start back to work Wed night and I am going to be working a TON of OT to make up the loss in case I don't get it back. I am sick about this.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
let me try to catch up-

Welcome srhyong...IMO you might need to be looking at properties maybe 15k to 20k over what you are qualified for.There is making a lower offer and then there is making a insulting LOWBALL offer that many sellers refuse to entertain.... You ARE qualified right?? With a reputable lender? You really ought to be pretty well qualified and not wait for the real deal & a contract to solidify a loan.

TEX-go ahead if ya want & relist, the patio issue would only show that people around there like to keep things up Oh I can milk a cow too, it is kind like....well won't go there Mullet truck??? NEVER heard that! LOL

Barb- how is hubby doing?? I hope better. Maybe you both need to get out and walk and enjoy sprung, when it isn't raining ! I hope we might can meet y'all when we come out in May...if my plans don't go all screwy, ha. Like the charm- I need to get mine & D bracelets out and see if I can make one out of them for DGD later.

NJ- are you feeling better sweetie?? Try some Mucinex DM, I like the stuff. I can't find the mag with little miss pics!! Will look more when out this week.
Oh we all really need to meet up some day- AND I think we need to go somewhere we can get NJ on a horse!!!

Painter- I LOVE the smell of a barn, even the poop- it is au natural! Love fly wipe aroma and saddlesoap. Do you ever ride?? I haven't in yrs. can't you keep your horses and just get a smaller place? if you make it to TN at least you would have better pasture I assume.

Lorrie- your babies are gonna be so happy to see you....and your grands will be there befoer you know it!!!

Niki! oh I would love to go back to europe. We were in France when I was 5/6. Don't remember Dad working, we seemed to travel all the time! Put the Isle of Capri on your list- of the coast of Naple Italy. And Mont St. Michel, the north coast of France, an old monactary that the tide comes in and surrounds.
And wow interesting job for hubby...no wonder he stays busy working, sounds like a specialized field.

Hammy- if ya can find a good one, DD has a Chrysler Pacifica- I love how it handles and sets wide on the road, high enough to get in and out of easy tho. & the doors roll back on each passenger side.
I had an used Explorer for a few yrs., but traded in May 04 for a newFord Focus ZX5.And it only has 23,000 miles on it now! I never go anywhere hardly! Oh if you want somethign really nice, a Volvo staion Wagon...I had a 240 sedan...like a tank but that sucker could fly once you got going!

Stoy - I had a 77 Toyota Corolla 2 dr manual- had 160,000 miles & finally sold it in 1990 for $400- told the guy keep the oil in it. Dummy let the engine burn up 6 mths later ;( LOVEd that car , oh if it could talk!!

LAcey, are yo having fun?? Is Mr feeling okay and enjoying hisself too? When is the wedding??

Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 PM

TEX!! OMG that TOTALL SUCKS Isn't your escrow a part of your mortgage payment?? I never heard tell of a escrow company!! Is that specific to your state?? We pay into ours thru the mortage company nad they get the tax & ins. bill and pay it as due.\Can you just set you up an bank account and 'pay' it yourself each month so you will have the funds set aside as you need?

Hopefully the state will have some recourse!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 PM

OLDTIMER- here we are!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 PM

Springbean- I had a rough day yesterday, BUT I
Hope it was a great one and all your Birthday wishes come true!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
TEX!! OMG that TOTALL SUCKS Isn't your escrow a part of your mortgage payment?? I never heard tell of a escrow company!! Is that specific to your state?? We pay into ours thru the mortage company nad they get the tax & ins. bill and pay it as due.\Can you just set you up an bank account and 'pay' it yourself each month so you will have the funds set aside as you need?

Hopefully the state will have some recourse!
Well this is what I am in the process of doing...Was at my bank for over an hour today setting up a new savings acct so that I can deposit into that every month. I also had to close my checking acct because AMERICAN ESCROW can go back into and debit my old checking acct because "I gave them permission" to do that. So now I have a new checking acct. I spent all day on the phone calling creditors to give them my new acct so they could autodebit my acct--there are only 3 companies that I allow to do that now.

No, my mortgage is separate from my escrow. It used to be together until I refinanced back in 2003--I could kick myself for that now!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
oldtimer- here we are!
good one, sarah!!!

I miss Europe. Y'all know I lived in Palermo, Sicily for 1.5 years, right? I LOVED the Isle of Capri too! Did you go to the Blue grotto? It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Naples can be dangerous....you need to be careful there.

Happy belated birthday Spring bean--so sorry I missed that.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:43 PM

YES TEX the Blue Grotto! I remember it! It was in 65ish.......We were staying with family friends at their home up on the hills. Mario took us out in his small open boat to the Grotto.A little opening you could go thru on boat...and splashing the oars sent up flashes of blue water. I remember going out to dinner with their family at a friend's restaurant late at night. Sat out on a patio with striped canopy, strolling violinist. I fell asleep at the table waiting for the main course. The beach down below wasn't sand but small rocks like golf balls.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, let me tell y'all how the economy stimulated me today. I received a letter from my escrow company which pays my insurance and taxes. They debit my acct every month to the tune of $300.00. I have over $2200.00 in that acct.

The letter said "we are no longer staying in busines due to economy and hardship...blah-blah-blah. So I called them today and said "I want my money back." They said "THere is NO MONEY left! The CFO embezzled everyone's money and we are filing for disolution of the company. You will NOT get your money back."

So now I am letting every F bomb drop over the phone. To make a long story short. I got in touch with PA's State attorney general and Illinois state attorney general (The company is in Illinois) and I also hired a real estate attorney here in Pittsburgh.

Please pray that I get that money back because I haven't worked for over a month and my taxes are due! My homeowners insurance is paid until July. I start back to work Wed night and I am going to be working a TON of OT to make up the loss in case I don't get it back. I am sick about this.

Holy crap girlfriend, I can't believe it, the CEO embezzled it...I guess it shouldn't surprise anyone in this world anymore..but how can they stick you with it, you did your part.. life is not fair, will pray that you get your money back! I would be dropping F bombs too. In fact the last couple months I have dropped quite a few, mostly aimed at lenders Seems this garbage is all connected...damitol..

Hang in there you can only do what you do, can you make a partial payment?
if you are late i guess there is a penalty and interest, of course. Maybe it's not too much...Nuts!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That Shawn Johnson on DWTS--who is she?? Is she one of the gymnasts from the Olympics over in Bejing?
It is, Texas..I think she is just the cutest thing...and a very, very good dancer..she and Melissa are the ones to beat..everyone else looks so stiff and uncomfortable...except the dreamy guy with Cheryl, whats his name, Giles? oh and Chuck looked better tonight, too..And Ty has improved 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate