Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times

Advertisements

Sorry I havent had the chance to catch up on anyone. Our house is officially off the market. Sad to not see it online. Never thought it'd go like this but no matter what today is another day closer to moving out west....
Just an update on my student's sister. She passed away over the weekend. Some teachers and staff will go out over the next few days to visit. What horrible timing.
Hope everyone stays warm this week, well except for you Floridians and Dogmom on your cruise, hope you brought us all back some warm sunshine!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:06 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Oh Stoy-how very, very sad for all and this time of year especially!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Hi everyone. Good Lord...those in-laws sound AWFUL....so glad I don't have them! Actually, I hope if I ever get married, that I will marry into a wonderful family with awesome MIL/FIL. I miss having a "mom".

Crazyma, I am baking today too! This is what is on my list:

Black Forest cookies
Cut-Outs with icing
Pecan Tassies
Choc. Chip

Well...lets see how that goes...will add more. Oh I'm also making White choc. peppermint bark.

Here is a funny image I found...Hope y'all enjoy it. AND remember to be good, cause HE IS WATCHING!!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 AM

And, here is some Christmas fairy dust for those of us who have decided to leave our homes on the market over the holidays...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Just an update on my student's sister. She passed away over the weekend. Some teachers and staff will go out over the next few days to visit. What horrible timing.
Oh Stoy, I am SO sorry to hear this. How awful for that family. I'm sure I can speak for all of us regulars here---Please pass on prayers and sincere condolences from everyone here to that family.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Stoy, so sorry to hear about that young girl passing away. Life is so fleeting, and it reminds me that I should appreciate my family and friends everyday. What made you decide to take your house off the market? Are you going to relist again after the holidays? Found out yesterday that if you want to refinance to a lower interest rate, you have to wait 90 days after your house is no longer listed to apply for a new mortgage. Never knew that. Welcome back Dogmom, hope you are getting some rest. Texas...love the Santa! Too funny. Lacey and Hammy, try to stay warm, if possible.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Stoy, Tell that family my heart goes out to them. It is so sad when a young person passes, nothing worse.

I read some where that there are alot of people pulling their listings, for the holidays or just waiting for the market to get better. So it will either help us now with lower inventory or hurt in the spring when another round of doom hits and adds to the relist. I dont think it will matter what happens in the inventory right now. People just have to do what is best for their situations. Me I will stay listed for what looks like a very very long time. I no longer fight to keep the place spotless and that stupid sign out front will be an antique befor long! Told my agent I am keeping it when he does sell my place because it is part of the family now..............good morning everyone!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,362 times
Stoy- I am so sorry. Losing a school family member is really just like losing your own. My heart goes out to all of you.
Last year, one of my student's mom died and it was so hard. His mom requested him to be in my class the year before. She knew she was dying and she said that she NEEDED him in my class. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through, I can't imagine if it is a student. Your kids, school family and YOU will be in my thoughts.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:37 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

Wow O Wow , how do you guys live up yonder with those BELOW 0 temperatures????? How in the world do your houses stay warm? I guess if you have newer construction, or maybe they just build houses better insulated up there. I think drunks built this one, if the beer cans the gas guys found buried when they replaced the gas stub earlier this fall HAHA are any indication. Well ther is insulation but still...
how do you drive in that all the time? Snow tires? And do you have garages?? I am such a weenee I
shudder at the thought of going out in that stuff on a daily basis...spoilt little thing aren't I!

I wish we could all get together and have a Christmas get together. I bet we would have fun. Little Hammy, Raisings boys, Niki kids, and what other younguns are there??? Kids DO always make it feel more special, dont they?? dear GD is in her first Christmas program Wed. night, they are singing Away in the Manger, and something else, at the Advent service. I am praying her daddy will attend, he is skittish of church, having litterally been forced to go growing up.........

I have never lived anywhere warmer so I don't know the difference. I do know that I have never gotten used to winter and the cold. But I cannot imagine winter with no snow and cold. Today is a balmy -8 with a -21 windchill. COZY! LOL How do we drive? Very slowly. Today on my way to work I saw three accidents in a 1/4 mile stretch. Major black ice on the roads today. We do have a garage and it is heated but we rarely use the heater. Only when it gets really cold. The garage is fully insulated so it stays somewhat warm.

LOVE the beer can story. That made me laugh my booty off!

I love kids and the holidays. The majic is just amazing when they are around. Little Ham was in his preschool Christmas program last night and it was soooooo cute! He sang a song about a chubby snowman, Santa Claus is coming to town, Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a couple of others. I was not sure he would stand up there because he is really shy but he did really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Sorry I havent had the chance to catch up on anyone. Our house is officially off the market. Sad to not see it online. Never thought it'd go like this but no matter what today is another day closer to moving out west....
Hope everyone stays warm this week, well except for you Floridians and Dogmom on your cruise, hope you brought us all back some warm sunshine!!!!
So sorry to hear about your student's sister. That is so sad. They will be in my prayers.

Are you planning on just taking a break from your house on the market? I bet it is kind of nice to not have to worry about showings!

Kristine

Old 12-16-2008, 08:40 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Smile Can I join your camp?

Hey fellow campers, we are in negotiations at present, waiting to hear if our offer will be accepted subject to the sale of our home. It may be a bumpy ride or it could be smooth. We could use some collective good energy to push this one through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate