Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
glad you feel better Barb! You poor thing!

Has anyone ever taken Ativan? I have to go to the pharmacy to get 1 pill!! the day of my cryo ablation procedure on June 8th. She said she is giving me a shot of Lidocaine in the cervix too! EW!!PLUS a shot of something more than 800 mg. of Motrin on the same line.........and then the procedure. She wrote a prescription for Vicodin? and if I need it to take it....I won't even fill that prescription!!
What is Atavin like? Does it make you loopy? She said no driving to or from either...so hubby took day off for it. I Have to take the Ativan pill 1 hr. before procedure.
Ativan will just take the edge off NJ..get the scrip for vicodin anyway..you can always use a pain pill in the medicine cabinet..should not make you loopy just relax, its for anxiety..

Old 05-27-2009, 07:26 PM

NJ have you thought about doing a FSBO with summer coming up? you could drop your price a little and save some commission..at this point that is probably something I would try.. You just haven't had the right buyer come through sweetie..I know how it feels, we were on the market 10 LONG months but then our buyer showed up. It WILL happen!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Tex, Have a safe and wonderful time boot scootin across Austin! Remember: GOD is Great, Beer is good and people are crazy....

Spoke to my agent again last night, he called and said he got the sights fixed. For some reason, I have dropped off some and then some went back to old info, these are sights that feed off others. He also said no calls or inquiries so now that is what 11 weeks now. We do have a new listing out here and it is a house built in 1961, smaller with 20 acres of scrub pines-100k more than me!! At the agency meeting yesterday, they told him that my place was just to far away from P'cola, what a bunch of b.s., 30 mins. I can drive to Pcola faster than I can drive across town....fed up with the whole dang thing!
Thanks Painter!

I too am fed up with the whole dang RE situation we are all in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well do some two-steppin for me 2. Um, cowboys. Austin is such a way cool town - you're gonna have fun Tex
Thanks C21! I LOVE Austin. My soul grew up there! Only 20 more hours and I will be sitting on a SW flight bound to Austin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly if I didn't say it have a super time and tell me where to meet up with you.lol Stay safe.
Thanks Lorrie! You can meet up with me anytime!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, the verdict is....drum roll....brrr...brr...shingles. He looked and said yep, shingles..gave me a script for Valtrex, vicodin for pain and something so that once they heal I don't have lingering nerve pain. I guess I knew that's what it was...trying to think otherwise..he thought it looked like it might be at or near it's peak, we will see..will just take the meds and take it easy I guess...hopefully by the time I need to start packing up next week I will be better...I'm glad I am not working now, that would add even more stress....you know what's strange, my 'stress' is about over, I mean we are closing escrow, I am excited to have this new place, you would have thought it would have appeare a couple months ago..

Well I need to drink some milk, my tummy feels like it needs some cow juice here..chat later...

PS at leat its not spiders or bed bugs, ick!!
Barb, got your message earlier --couldn't respond due to getting my nails done. SHINGLES!?!?!? Good Lord girl! No wonder you were in such pain. This too shall pass. Yep, I would have thought they would have showed up way before this. Hope you are feeling better tonight and the newly prescribed meds are kickin' in!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Has anyone ever taken Ativan? I have to go to the pharmacy to get 1 pill!! the day of my cryo ablation procedure on June 8th. She said she is giving me a shot of Lidocaine in the cervix too! EW!!PLUS a shot of something more than 800 mg. of Motrin on the same line.........and then the procedure. She wrote a prescription for Vicodin? and if I need it to take it....I won't even fill that prescription!!
What is Atavin like? Does it make you loopy? She said no driving to or from either...so hubby took day off for it. I Have to take the Ativan pill 1 hr. before procedure.
Honey, ativan is an anti-anxiety pill. That is why they are prescribing it for you! It will just relax you! It's all good! Yes, absolutely NO DRIVING while under the influence of ativan!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:48 PM

OK--so today I slept until 3 PM after working all night. I got up and went to the mall to have my manicure/pedicure done. In the middle of doing my acrylic pink and whites the power goes off due to bad storm! The entire mall is in darkness! The girls can't finish my nails because they use those power drills/buffers! So I left and went to Target--bought some shorts (Can't fit into my ones from last summer.) because it is going to be in the 90's down there in Texas. My nail tech calls me a 1/2 hr later and said "c'mon back, power is on!!" So now my nails are done and so are my toenails. I HATE pedicures because my feet are SUPER TICKLISH! It is NOT relaxing to me. But I love the way my toenails look after one!!

Tomorrow, I get my hair cut and colored! Can't wait to see the look of horror on my beauticians face when she sees how my neighbor chopped my hair up when we were both drinking one night!!

I finally squeezed my fat a$$ into my jeans! Good Lord in Heaven. It is super diet time when I return from Texas.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Well, the verdict is....drum roll....brrr...brr...shingles. He looked and said yep, shingles..gave me a script for Valtrex, vicodin for pain and something so that once they heal I don't have lingering nerve pain. I guess I knew that's what it was...trying to think otherwise..he thought it looked like it might be at or near it's peak, we will see..will just take the meds and take it easy I guess...hopefully by the time I need to start packing up next week I will be better...I'm glad I am not working now, that would add even more stress....you know what's strange, my 'stress' is about over, I mean we are closing escrow, I am excited to have this new place, you would have thought it would have appeare a couple months ago..

Well I need to drink some milk, my tummy feels like it needs some cow juice here..chat later...

Honey I'm so happy you know what's wrong, it's treatable and you'll be back to you old self soon. Been praying for ya.

PS at leat its not spiders or bed bugs, ick!!
Yeah, wish I didn't have them (spiders that is). Thank God for Albert - hunter of the Great Spiders (well accept for the one who bit me on the butt)

Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
C21, That is exactly what my agent was saying He is pi**ed at the broker now. He said he asked how long it took for each agent to drive from home to office and some of the agents sat there with a duh look on their face. See that is why I fired my last agent, walked into the office one morning and heard her say Oh well ah I have a listing all the way down in ---it take 20 mins to get there! I rather show them the house here in town, needless to say I came unglued on here! I called a couple of friends that are agents and asked them about other listings out here and got the same replies, 1) No one wanting to spend more than 150k 2) No one looking at large properties and 3) No employement except medical and they want withing minutes of the hospitals. So I guess it is gonna sit here for another few fricken yrs unless a miracle happens or I win the stinking lotto, odds are about the same.

Well just finished mowing around the house and it is pouring!! Talk about timing, lol........
Well if I win the lotto I'll buy it - it's frickin' gorgeous! Glad your agent is pissed at broker so broker will convey to other lame asses - Geesh, I mean really.

Quote:
Lorrie, messy is ok, I just want it GONE..Will let you all know what the doc sez when I get back..I took a vicodin this morning and it took a lot of the pain away so I am coming out of there with some vicodin or something..

later, campers!
Well Vicodin with a little bit of beer will definitely kill the pain - just don't drive. Oops probably get in trouble from Tex but does help the pain meds work better.

Quote:
NJ have you thought about doing a FSBO with summer coming up? you could drop your price a little and save some commission..at this point that is probably something I would try.. You just haven't had the right buyer come through sweetie..I know how it feels, we were on the market 10 LONG months but then our buyer showed up. It WILL happen!!!
Might not be a bad idea NJ - plenty of places you can post it and would create a win/win - lower price for the buyer, no commissions for you? Maybe a FSBO sign in yard with nice colored flyers too. Why not - can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK--so today I slept until 3 PM after working all night. I got up and went to the mall to have my manicure/pedicure done. In the middle of doing my acrylic pink and whites the power goes off due to bad storm! The entire mall is in darkness! The girls can't finish my nails because they use those power drills/buffers! So I left and went to Target--bought some shorts (Can't fit into my ones from last summer.) because it is going to be in the 90's down there in Texas. My nail tech calls me a 1/2 hr later and said "c'mon back, power is on!!" So now my nails are done and so are my toenails. I HATE pedicures because my feet are SUPER TICKLISH! It is NOT relaxing to me. But I love the way my toenails look after one!!

Tomorrow, I get my hair cut and colored! Can't wait to see the look of horror on my beauticians face when she sees how my neighbor chopped my hair up when we were both drinking one night!!

I finally squeezed my fat a$$ into my jeans! Good Lord in Heaven. It is super diet time when I return from Texas.
You my girl are a hoot - i have this visual in my head of your 'day' Oh as a PS cowboys love chicks in tight jeans I'm soooooooo excited for you.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
HEY camperoni peeps!! I MISSED EVERYONE --HUGS to all!!
Got back in late last nite...so so tired. I forgot what keeping up with a 3 & 1/2 yr old was like, plus all the coming & going, working in their house & yard LOL
then spent today washing and getting my house in order, will start the yard maybe tomorrow. did a restock- grocery run tonite WOW they had some good prices!
Drat I gotta dentist appt in the morning ....no telling what is in store, I got crappy teeth

I will have to catch up with all these posts ASAP

***ALSO TO all PEEPS not sure how that other new CAMP forum is gonna work out...think I will try to find one that is easier to navigate and read.....so stay tuned, I will email those that have already sent me their emails as I figure things out
***if you are wondering what I am talking about, go to my profile page, find contacts, and drop me an email so I will have YOUR email to get in touch with you!!!!!!!!

okay, gotta run for now!!
Hope everyone is well as can be and enjoying spring, wet or dry LOL

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Hi Sara..glad you got home ok, I'm sorry we were not able to get together, my sis was here until Sunday and that's the day I broke out in the rash that is now shingles...long story..so I am laying low hoping the pain subsides soon..

Glad you had fun with dd and your grand, our weather was sooo nice...it was kind of cloudy today but I actually think spring is here.

Chat with you later hugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate