Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times

Advertisements

Funny Lacey--done the deed! A two minute wonder huh? Well I bought a house with a 2 minute showing and I know we all put alot into just how long they stay but in the end I don't think it really makes much difference. I think it is more of the "feeling" they get when they first step in, on less of course there is some real deal breaker in another room like no toilet hook up.....

I have been fighting with a Mockingbird all day in my garage, driving me nuts. This goofy bird wants to nest in an old (age wise) wrought iron planter, an open weave pattern that is hanging on the wall. I hung it up because I am restoring a pair of them and it keeps getting in it and you can hear it in the house, sounds like someone beating on the wall. I go out, remove its stuff and as soon as I leave it brings in more. AND it sits on a limb and watches me do it, like haaa that ain't gonna stop me! Crazy thing, funny thing is he is the only one that wants my house right now, lol....

Fancy, We all discovered along time ago that the lookers nor their agents read the listings.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Crazy thing, funny thing is he is the only one that wants my house right now, lol....
This made me laugh and I snorted!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Yep you have to laugh at it, I mean seriously, this bird is something else. He/she is out there again, just a swingin' and a bangin' away. It will not give it up! Of all the stuff and all the land, barn ect it wants my dang planter.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:09 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times

Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
im bored and messing around! i dont know how to shrink it.
that's my little girl doing what she does best, laying under the covers.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Yep you have to laugh at it, I mean seriously, this bird is something else. He/she is out there again, just a swingin' and a bangin' away. It will not give it up! Of all the stuff and all the land, barn ect it wants my dang planter.

That might be a good sign of a buyer coming soon.You never know.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:15 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times

So adorable. That is what two of my dogs do when we go to sleep. They go under the blanket. Not the other two though thank goodness.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM

161 posts, read 568,627 times
Cute pup!

How do you all deal with last minute showings? Do you allow them, or do you say, "I really need that hour I always request?" Our next door neighbor's home is also for sale (going on 9 months) and twice now it has happened that the agent has an appt for NDN's house, and then the people want to see ours too (which is great, don't get me wrong) but the guy last week came up to me in my front yard and said, "Can we see it?" (they stayed less than 5 minutes after we spent 20 cleaning things up)and then today I got a call on my way back from the grocery store (luckily not a huge shopping) saying, "We know you usually prefer an hour's notice, but can we see the house at 2:45?" I looked at the car clock--it WAS 2:45! I said they could see it at 3--kids dh and I ran around shoving stuff in drawers, grabbed the animals and left--I was sweating like I'd just run 5 miles by the time we were done! They were asking DH about the square footage as we were leaving because they didn't know anything about the house, probably not even the list price!

Still no word from the peeps who ranked us "Top Three". Good thing I decided not to hold my breath.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,858 times
Ah, Lucy, I hear ya! Unfortunately, in this market, you gotta do what you gotta do. I never turn down a showing. But it's easier for me b/c I don't have kids or animals at home anymore. I have a dog, but he went to live with his brother (my son - LOL!) while the house is for sale. So, the answer is, I just smile and say "SURE! Come in. Welcome." And when they leave I mutter a little about rude people!! LOL!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
take a pic and post it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate