Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 AM

40 posts, read 40,808 times

Advertisements

A quick HAPPYEASTERto all! May God bless all of you. We have had a couple of terrible days. Our 9 yr. old daughter fell last week in soccer practice and shattered her elbow and broke her arm in 2 places. She had to have emergency surgery and she is now home as of yesterday. She has a pretty pink cast all the way up to her shoulder. Poor little thing. She was in so much pain and still is. That primal maternal instint kicked in, immediately! My heart has literally been aching since. Surgery took over 4 hours so we were so worried about that too. Working in a hospital has it disadvantages because it means I know too much and the risks of anesthesia and all, so I was a bundle of nerves. Anyway, we are all home, enjoying a different kind of easter this year. No Church since she is not up to going and we don't want to go without her. The easter bunny did visit, though, so maybe some sugar will help. Our pastor visited yesterday so we felt we recieved our easter blessing early.

Painter, I read your post and think how devistating. I hugged all of my children extra tight. Prayers for you and your friend.

bless this day- Househappy.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
first off HAPPY EASTER GIRLS!!

TEXAS,LACEY,DOGMOM,STOY ,painter!THANKS SO MUCH FOR CARING ABOUT ME!!
HAVE HAD SEVERE MIGRAINES and couldnt do a damn thing...*may go to doctor's next week and check into all the headaches*.....yuk!

thank you ALL for caring!! I love you guys!!yOU ARE THE SWEETEST BUNCH OF girls!!!!
Can I adopt you all?

Tex--thanks for the glitter graphics!! I love it!! Can I adopt you as my sis?( I don't have any sisters!)

Stoy--thank you for writing and for your concern. It means the world!
Lacey-Can I adopt you too? Long lost aunt?LOL
Dogmom--I wrote you back....Auntie Barb!!
I will catch up later this evening. Off to church and Easter parade down in Smithville with the kidlets....
You guys rock.
More later girls/guys!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Happy Easter everyone! I noticed on Craigslist, my area has several open houses today? Do you think people are really house shopping today to warrant an open house?

My realtor printed up some info sheets on the house I have for sale. I always leave a couple on the counter. Sometimes they take one, sometimes none. I have ALWAYS gotten feedback, which is great. But this seems weird. The people always lke the house, think it is priced well, in their top 3, but I have never gotten 1 offer! Since last fall I have had about 20 showings. We are priced in the bottom half of the area selling comps. Does this seem strange? You would think I would get a lowball, or SOMEBODY would say the house is priced too high. The showings have increased, 4 in 3 weeks which is great. My realtor says my situation is not unusual with so many houses on the market. Any thoughts?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
CDC, i think the problem is too many houses for sale..we are buyers now..just looking online for now since we are going back to CA and can't seem to get down there to actually look and still waiting for mortgage approval first anyway, then the kid got married and that took up over a week of our time, lol...just kidding..but looking online I am overwhelmed. I think unless a buyer has a certain neighborhood they want to buy in, its a crapshoot. we still have no idea, guess we will know it when we see it? Anyway, that's my take on the buying end.. At least you are getting showings...I forget your situation, are you having to sell? If you are my personal suggestion is to cut and run..that's what we had to do when we sold last summer, we had been for sale for almost a year..chased the market down..what a waste of time for us..we took a huge hit but we had to leave. Just a suggestion, undercut everyone and that might get those lookers to buy. But if you have time, hang in there then..

Stoy, thanks I am better today, the cough is not as tight and not hurting so much when I do cough...thought about getting dressed today, but will just hang in my jammas and get through the weekend....going to just lay low..its pouring rain out, literally I just saw a couple dogs and a cat flying by lol..according to weatherbug we have had .31 since midnight. That's a lot, even for here. Not a good day to be out and about in WA state.

Anyone hear from Sara...know there is stormy weather there..

NJ, glad you are doing better...

HH, so sorry about dd's arm..wow thats a lot of surgery...but kids are resilient and she will be up and around and making you crazy in no time at all. Hang in there..Ain't parenthood grand??! I wouldn't give it up for all the treasures in the world, our sons and new daughter in law are our world..

Later campers..
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/chocolate-easter-bunnies.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
NJsock, So glad you checked in. You know I suffered with migraines for yrs until I injured my back and got desperate and went to a Chiro. Dr. No more suffering, no more pills, just plain old regular headaches once in awhile. Just a thought----Have fun with the family today, pain free I hope.

Househappy- I am so sorry your baby got injured, what horrible thing to go threw. But now she is on the mend and your family is home and safe. Extra prayers going out, try to have a Happy Easter! Give her a "gentle" hug for me.

CDCD- I wouldn't think anyone would be out and about with open houses today, but who knows anymore. And I don't think your situation is all that strange, buyers are just weird right now. Enjoy your day and don't stress over it, it is EASTER!

Has anyone seen the commercials for rice krispies treats shaped like eggs? well my dd wanted me to make them for her today, so being the good mom I agreed. Let me tell you it was not fun! Forgot how big a bowl you need so they ended up all over the dang place, although the boys enjoyed them. Then I didnt wait for them to cool enough to shape, and the mess was sticking to everything, them I went to wash my hands and my pony tail fell out and I wiped my hair back and got stuck in it. Okay I was just abit agrivated.......so now I heated up the chocolate to dip them in and no where does it say that the hot chocolate will melt the dang things. NOT going to do them again any time soon. All in all they dont look to bad, not like eggs but they are bright with their easter sprinkles on them and sitting, laying on a pretty square plate. Cereal balls with Easter bonnets.............back to the kitchen to do more damage.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Has anyone seen the commercials for rice krispies treats shaped like eggs? well my dd wanted me to make them for her today, so being the good mom I agreed. Let me tell you it was not fun! Forgot how big a bowl you need so they ended up all over the dang place, although the boys enjoyed them. Then I didnt wait for them to cool enough to shape, and the mess was sticking to everything, them I went to wash my hands and my pony tail fell out and I wiped my hair back and got stuck in it. Okay I was just abit agrivated.......so now I heated up the chocolate to dip them in and no where does it say that the hot chocolate will melt the dang things. NOT going to do them again any time soon. All in all they dont look to bad, not like eggs but they are bright with their easter sprinkles on them and sitting, laying on a pretty square plate. Cereal balls with Easter bonnets.............back to the kitchen to do more damage.
Yummy---I love rice krispie treats!! Send some of those my way! How's that mockingbird doing?!?!?

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 04-12-2009 at 09:51 AM..

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
NJsock, So glad you checked in. You know I suffered with migraines for yrs until I injured my back and got desperate and went to a Chiro. Dr. No more suffering, no more pills, just plain old regular headaches once in awhile. Just a thought----Have fun with the family today, pain free I hope.

Househappy- I am so sorry your baby got injured, what horrible thing to go threw. But now she is on the mend and your family is home and safe. Extra prayers going out, try to have a Happy Easter! Give her a "gentle" hug for me.

CDCD- I wouldn't think anyone would be out and about with open houses today, but who knows anymore. And I don't think your situation is all that strange, buyers are just weird right now. Enjoy your day and don't stress over it, it is EASTER!

Painter, I am rolling laughing..too bad you dont have a video of that..especially the pony falling out. I'm sorry, but the vision is too vivid to not chuckle! I saw those on tv too, nothing is ever like it looks. Like popcorn balls, oh puhleeze...my mom was good at crafting with us girls for the holidays, sadly I never got that bug, but then I had boys..we dyed eggs, if I made rice krispy treats it was in a pan and even then they were a pain in the you know where. oh my it hurts to laugh and cough now...Painter, hope they at least taste good...hugs!
here, got one for ya!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/EasterBunnyFlasher.gif (broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 AM

To HouseHappy's little girl:

Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex--thanks for the glitter graphics!! I love it!! Can I adopt you as my sis?( I don't have any sisters!)
Absolutely sis--I'll sign the adoption papers with you!! So glad to see you back on here--I missed you!

I used to have migraines. I haven't had one recently. I take imitrex when I do get one. Headaches are hard to treat because you don't know whether it's a dilated or a constricted vessel causing it. Migraines are most often caused by what we ingest...try to keep a record of what you've eaten when one comes on.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 AM

40 posts, read 40,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
To HouseHappy's little girl:

Thank you, I just showed her the get well wishes. She had a BIG smile. We also laughed outloud at your bunny cartoon, dogmom. Thanks so, so much, everyone, for the kind thoughts and prayers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate