Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 03:08 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,703,840 times

Advertisements

I drove by an open house that was going on yesterday. There was nobody there. Then I passed by there on the way home, and look like the realtor was closing up a little early. Guess people wern't looking on Easter.

I am in a situation where I don't have to sell. The mortgage is reasonable, but after a divorce, it is just too big. I am living alone(most) of the time in a 5 bdr house. I don't even use the upstairs. My development has about 200 homes, and only 3 are for sale. I know there is a lot on the market, but still have hope the house will sell by summers end.

Here's to lots of showings for all who are trying to sell!!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Morning all and Painter hope all's okay.

Tambre-wow that is great!!! I'm thrilled when I break even. I'm not brave enough for $1 machines tho.

CDCD-don't know why they would hold OH's on a holiday. Our first realtor did on a July 4th-zip.

NJSocks and Barb hope you're both on the mend today.

Feedback from the other day-loved the house, still looking.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Happy Monday all, First time I could get on today, another 5' of rain with alot of lightening, thunder and wind-again. I don't remember ever having this many storms no matter where I was living. We are under a tornado watch till 4 p.m. but I "think" the storms are gone, who knows.

Cd, Totally understand, pretty much the same here, big house and no need. Just waiting, waiting and more waiting.

Lacey, there is still hope, at least they loved it - right?

Hope all our campers on the mend today. All to quiet here today.............

Old 04-13-2009, 10:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Painter, i think we are having the same weather...rain, wind, supposed to thunder and snow later this afternoon..looks very, very ominous out.

Ok, so I got dressed, got some laundry going..again...still have one suitcase and a duffle to empty, got the others done...will get the clean sheets back on my bed, get a nighty and go back to bed in a while. I am still kind of weak...my vision is bugging me..i thought maybe it was from the cold meds, but i think my glasses are tweaked...maybe I fell asleep on them..i have progressives so if they aren't lined up just right, well it makes me sick to my stomach..so I dug out my old glasses and they are better.

Need to finish my taxes..can't find the papers from the house sale. they are here somewhere...

Tambre, glad you got home ok...that was a close call with those twisters. we have friends that live in Mt. View, MO...is that near where you are heading? they are east of Springfield, maybe a couple hours..beautiful country there.

The whole time we were in Vegas for the wedding I not so much put a nickle in a slot machine..oh wait I take that back..the first night I was there i sat at a bar with my oldest son, his friend and dogpaw and played electronic blackjack..think I spent $20...drank too much beer, got sick, you know the drill....

Ok, time to get more done before I conk out again....

Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 AM

982 posts, read 1,100,858 times
Hey everyone, hope you all had a great Easter. I'm better today. Not great, but better. LOL!

Things here are moving along. No new showings or calls. No offers. But over the long weekend, there was lots of activity. So someone's buying someone's house!! Just not mine! Oh, well. They will come!!

I am off today to my rentals. Both are being vacated, both need some TLC, and both have tons of showings scheduled this week as soon as repairs are done. So at least that area of RE is booming! All those people leaving their houses need a place to live, I guess.

So everyone have a great day!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM

161 posts, read 568,627 times
Hi, hope everyone had a great weekend and is feeling better. :-)

I had a scare this morning--I was just about to leave for the gym when my dog started barking and i heard someone trying to open my front door. I opened the door and the agent says, "Oh, we surprised you!" I said I was surprised because i'd never gotten a call they were coming! She replied that the appt had been made and confirmed last week; I repeated i knew nothing about it, but give me five minutes and they could come in. She said okay and went to sit in her car with the client.

I start running around getting things in order, collect animals--she knocks again.

"I am so sorry--You were right. We are supposed to be seeing the house NEXT DOOR."

So I told her she was still welcome to see mine after, but she said they had a "full schedule" and if she wanted to come back it would be tomorrow. She was really apologetic, and did ask what my price was and how many BRS and said she thought the buyer would be interested...still, all I could think was if I had left 5 minutes earlier, they would have come into the wrong house, with my dog slobbering all over them, place not ready...They would have known it was wrong as soon as they realized we don't have a pool, but what if they had LIKED it and made an offer on the wrong house? Our neighbor would get the offer for our place!

Crazy!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Lucy, that is crazy!!!
MFP- got your messages, thanks. as long as their eliminating on both sides, although we are the nicer ones...

Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Default Back to the salt mines

Hi Campers,

Hope everyone survived Easter, and those of you who aren't feeling well, hope you are up and about soon. Welcome to all the newbies...it's always great to meet new campers. Lucy, I can't believe that the realtor was at your house by mistake...that is too weird.

Dogmom, hope you get your energy back soon. By the way, you looked gorgeous in your dress and Dogpaw looked very handsome! Of course the bride and groom were stunning. Our little place in MO is about half way between Mt. View and Springfield.

With the interest rates at an all time low, do you think that might encourage some buyers to make the move, or is the economy still too unsettled?

I need some advice. Our neighbor has a friend looking for a house, and they called while we were away. We aren't listed yet, but will be very soon. If they do decide to come take a look, should I give them a price based on what we are going to list the house for, or without realtor commission?

Texas - sounds like you have a busy spring travel schedule. It's great to hear that you are pain free! Howdy to everyone, and pixie dust for showings and offers on the way.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Tambre-give both-what you would be asking w/a realtor and also w/o commission-they will then realize a bargain! Good luck, eyes and all crossed.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM

40 posts, read 40,808 times
Oh my gosh, Stoy,

I was going through posts from camp and just saw this one of your dog. She/He is MY dog!!! We have a boxer, Lola, 9 mo. old, fawn, black face, just EXACTLY like this picture. Is this dog yours? Sooo cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate