Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,822,488 times

Advertisements

We finally have some relief from the heat which is a good thing since we have no AC for now. Still haven't resolved the issue with the damage to our house. Hoping for a better week. Hope you're all well.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Feedback from Sat. "House is gorgeous, extremely clean BUT too big." Can we all say "I give up!" I'm ready to pull it off but we have it til July.

Don't ya love it LAce??? wth is wrong with people!! They don't look at the MLS listing I tell you!!

How about our home--the hub didn't like stucco...It's on the damn listing!!exterior: Stucco (front) siding: Vinyl.....
I really want to tell these morons to : READ OR BLEED!

They must have failed Math 101 --cannot figure out square footage.\
Right now I am enjoying NOT having to keep the house immaculate 24-7! I have to rebury St. Joe. I guess I will face him toward the realty sign *once we list with someone*??I have to dig him up out back. It didn't work! Do I face St. Joe toward the house or street??

Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,284,149 times
NJ, I think towards the house, out by the sign...

What, its not like I have EVER seen a listing that did not have the square footage..wth is wrong with these people, just wasting your time and frankly, their agent's time. And if they don't know the details then shame on the agent for not narrowing down what they need. Either you want a 1500 sq foot house, or a 3,000 sq foot house...they are not the same..sheesh..I dont have a house for sale and it still bugs me!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 AM

40 posts, read 40,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
House Happy, I know where Wheaton is, have been though there on the I88 a couple times heading to my sister's place in Mt. Carroll after flying into Midway. In fact, we will be cruising through at the end of June, going to Grand Rapids, MI June 26 for our dear friends' son's wedding, spend a few days there, then drive on out to the farm (my sister's) so we will be cruising right past ya.. It's a really nice area out where you are...
Good morning and I'll give ya a big shout out on the 26th. That's my mom's B-day. They are in Michigan for the summer, just west of Traverse City. Don't you love MI? SO beautiful!

Yes, Wheaton is a great place. We've been here for 18 years- WOW! Marriage and 4 kids later, it's been so wonderful to put down roots. By the way, our little one gets her cast off today. Remember the shattered elbow and broken arm? They'll decide if she gets another one. SHe graduated from the one clear up to her shoulder a couple of weeks ago.

Dogmom, you're so funny!!! My DH (FMV) would LOVE to bump and grind over here at the campground but he says this is "my space" and won't intrude. I told him it's not like we don't see each other's posts. But anyway, seems like he's already gone through CD withdrawl. He said he hasn't logged on to CD in weeks. I know he hasn't posted for some time. I think he always handled those meanies over there but they are nuts. And they've been quiet. Maybe some of this good news in the last few weeks has them eating humble pie. I wonder if that KC from North Carolina ever got happy and stopped worrying about the rest of the nation. Her and Gumby should hook up.

How are all the rest of you wonderful campers? I hope everone is well. You all take care now. Talk to ya again, although still struggeling to keep up with you girls!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:39 AM

40 posts, read 40,837 times
C21, Joy,

can you tell me how to do the multi quote thing? I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I'm not very good with all this high tech stuff

Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,451,349 times
rise 'n' shine campers!

HouseHappy, glad to see you back. Hopefully your dd will be cast free soon. Having a cast to tote around in hot weather is the pits!
Tell you a stupid stunt of mine, we were having record heat and I was miserable so I called and told them I needed my cast off because I spilled OJ in it. Told me to come in and they would change it. So I poured the OJ down it and as I walking out the door they called back and said he had an emergency surgery and I would have to wait till the following day, late the next day at that. Well let me tell you that thing not only was uncomfortable it stunk so bad that I ended up with a plastic bag around it! When I got there Dr. T had the only laugh and he knew I did it on purpose because I poured it in the top of it, stupid me...

Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,284,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseHappy View Post
C21, Joy,

can you tell me how to do the multi quote thing? I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I'm not very good with all this high tech stuff
I really dont know how to do it either, can one of you campers give us a lesson?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I really dont know how to do it either, can one of you campers give us a lesson?
Good morning, yeah it took me like forever to figure out and i'm real computer literate and felt like an idiot. First tried the FAQ but they're in no order, etc. and was better to just wing it ya know?

First, at the bottom right there are like three buttons - if you put your cursor over them one says 'multi quote' you click on all the posts you want included THEN hit reply (not to a specific post - but just reply). When it pulls up the box for you to write in you should see all of the posts where you marked 'multi-response'

Let's see if it works but should! Always happy to help my fellow Campers!!! Joy

Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
rise 'n' shine campers!

HouseHappy, glad to see you back. Hopefully your dd will be cast free soon. Having a cast to tote around in hot weather is the pits!
Tell you a stupid stunt of mine, we were having record heat and I was miserable so I called and told them I needed my cast off because I spilled OJ in it. Told me to come in and they would change it. So I poured the OJ down it and as I walking out the door they called back and said he had an emergency surgery and I would have to wait till the following day, late the next day at that. Well let me tell you that thing not only was uncomfortable it stunk so bad that I ended up with a plastic bag around it! When I got there Dr. T had the only laugh and he knew I did it on purpose because I poured it in the top of it, stupid me...
OMG - how did you know i needed a good laugh this morning - not that you're in a cast which is bad, but got busted for pouring the OJ in there. Darn doctors can be too smart sometimes - thank god no ants around or that would have been, well . . .

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,877,392 times
Morning all-Painter how did I know that's what you'd do?

HH hope that cast comes off soon.

NJSocks-get an agent yet?

Another cool day and they're saying 40MPH winds and t-storms. Had to take the baskets off the deck-which is the norm around here-"wind tunnel".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate