Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 04:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. The showing we had last wk that cancelled is resched. for tomorrow. Not getting excited, too tired and stressed from work. Coincidentally.... my husband has been talking to his chiropractor, who is looking to buy a house in OUR price range. actually we are bottom of his price range. He looked at our house online and said our house is great and he wants to see it later this week. Wish us luck!
C21- try not to take it personally. You've got some evil people on CD (none here which is why camp is great!) Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut either! I try not to go back and look at responses, too!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I read about that in the news just horrible. I am reading " Out of Captivity surviving 1,967 days in the Colombian Jungle". I hope it is good. I have finished all my favorite author's books. John Jakes, Jeffery Archer, Ken Follett and Barbara Braford Taylor.
Let me know if it is good. I will have to look into that book Escape, that Barb talked about too.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just popped in and YEP it is HOT here today... Pcola is suppose to be getting hammered with a storm and it is moving my way-again. I can barely hear the thunder so we will see. I dont like 90+ weather in May.
Painter--yesterday I was driving to work and all at once it started storming, then the hail was coming down so hard, I almost had to pull over. It was awful, I thought I was going to be late for work.

Did you get storms last night?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
We finally have some relief from the heat which is a good thing since we have no AC for now. Still haven't resolved the issue with the damage to our house. Hoping for a better week. Hope you're all well.
Hope you have a better week -- will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Right now I am enjoying NOT having to keep the house immaculate 24-7! I have to rebury St. Joe. I guess I will face him toward the realty sign *once we list with someone*??I have to dig him up out back. It didn't work! Do I face St. Joe toward the house or street??
Face him towards your house and on his head! Although, I can truthfully say that it hasn't worked yet for me and I dug him up once and had a "chat" with him and then put him back in his grave!

This is for when you decide to rebury St. Joe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ftWerL1Wcs

Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Let me know if it is good. I will have to look into that book Escape, that Barb talked about too.

So far it is great. I saw the men on FNC a few weeks ago and just knowing what they had been through I had to order it.
I had Just gotten this Mac when I ordered the book and since the Mac is so different then the PC when I got my Amazon order they sent me 5 of the same books. Just got credit for the 4 I sent back.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi Lorrie-yes all mods are just posters like us who do that job for free. I was asked but declined due to time constraints and it's basically thankless. They do a wonderful job keeping the peace.

Boy the weather's the pits today-wind is 40MPH, overcast and cold.
Lacey you would have made a great mod. I just went over to the Heath Board's web site. I haven't been on that for at least a year.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hi Everyone. The showing we had last wk that cancelled is resched. for tomorrow. Not getting excited, too tired and stressed from work. Coincidentally.... my husband has been talking to his chiropractor, who is looking to buy a house in OUR price range. actually we are bottom of his price range. He looked at our house online and said our house is great and he wants to see it later this week. Wish us luck!
C21- try not to take it personally. You've got some evil people on CD (none here which is why camp is great!) Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut either! I try not to go back and look at responses, too!
Wouldn't that be great if your hubbies chiro bought it! Talk about a win/win! I'll keep fingers, toes and anything else I can still cross now that he snaps it up! Thanks for the comment RE my spanking I didn't take personally but do try to follow rules and was really taken aback - and yeah, there are some pretty evil people out there; disagreeable (sp) I can deal with, being downright nasty to someone? Well, lesson learned and next time i'll just keep my yap shut and let the other person defend themselves

Quote:

Oh Joy, You are not the first to get your hands smacked, i have had them smack me too. No answers to your inquire, haven't been able to get an answer or find out how it works either. You are right it should be all or none involved. I have seen a couple of folks that need to be smacked pretty hard just for being ugly but... Yeah, obviously the rules don't apply to all and glad to know I'm not the only one who got their hands smacked - I'm feeling much better about all this now.

yesterday I over slept and jumped up to run out to the barn to feed. I have these really uglyyyy shorts that are 2 sizes to big that I use for nasty jobs outside. Well I grabbed them and hanked them on and attempted to walk out of the room, attempted because I was having a hard time walking in them. First thought was man did I gain that much weight? No I said not possible so I hanked the legs up and kept going, when I got half way through the house I realized I had them on backwards.
I am on the floor laughing - the visual was hysterical and I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that - showed up at the office the other day and and my assistant pointed out I had my jacket on inside out (and no, not one of those hideous 'Gold Jackets')

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I am so sorry about your experience. I had a similar one on another Web site. The health board site. It was all about chantex. I had gotten a script for it when it first came out and read up on it. Didn't like what I read way to many side effects. I posted what I had read on that site and everyone jumped on me. I think some were working for whoever makes that pill. I kept my cool and answered nicely when some one attacked my answers. It got so bad that most were banned. I then got an e mail from the head mod asking if i wanted to be a moderator on the site.They would give me another name and set me up. I would have loved to but we were way to busy at the time for me to moderate the site like i had to. So I guess you get to moderate at least on that board by invite.
Yeah, I played nice too; my problem is when someone personally attacks someone else - guess it's the Mama Bear in me. Well the Roosters are crowing (even though it's frickin' getting dark) so guess it's time to eat some dinner! Hmmm - maybe chicken? Bye for now fellow campers, Joy

Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
rise 'n' shine campers!

HouseHappy, glad to see you back. Hopefully your dd will be cast free soon. Having a cast to tote around in hot weather is the pits!
Tell you a stupid stunt of mine, we were having record heat and I was miserable so I called and told them I needed my cast off because I spilled OJ in it. Told me to come in and they would change it. So I poured the OJ down it and as I walking out the door they called back and said he had an emergency surgery and I would have to wait till the following day, late the next day at that. Well let me tell you that thing not only was uncomfortable it stunk so bad that I ended up with a plastic bag around it! When I got there Dr. T had the only laugh and he knew I did it on purpose because I poured it in the top of it, stupid me...

You are so funny!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseHappy View Post
C21, Joy,

can you tell me how to do the multi quote thing? I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I'm not very good with all this high tech stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I really dont know how to do it either, can one of you campers give us a lesson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Good morning, yeah it took me like forever to figure out and i'm real computer literate and felt like an idiot. First tried the FAQ but they're in no order, etc. and was better to just wing it ya know?

First, at the bottom right there are like three buttons - if you put your cursor over them one says 'multi quote' you click on all the posts you want included THEN hit reply (not to a specific post - but just reply). When it pulls up the box for you to write in you should see all of the posts where you marked 'multi-response'

Let's see if it works but should! Always happy to help my fellow Campers!!! Joy
You can also delete certain parts of the post if you just want to focus on one comment...just make sure you don't mess with the [/quote] things!

Also, another way is to highlight part of someones post, then hit reply ...then click on the little quote box at the top of the message...the last little icon right beside the mountain/sun image. That is the "wrap quotes" icon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate