Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stosh View Post
Their ignorance is appalling based on some of the drivel they spew. Both enjoy posting just to post something in the hope that those just as uninformed as they are will follow their camp.

FancyPants' posts highlight the fact that she truely lacks a basic grasp of economic fundamentals. She never defends some of the garbage she posts because she knows she can not when she is asked to provide details.

One of her previous posts 'predicts' that alternative energy is the next 'bubble' to burst.

Not all attention is good Fancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
Have no idea what LIC said, nor do I care, refuse to read anything he/she posts anymore.

And under full disclosure, I didn't read your link either and only surmised what it said by the title. I don't read a lot of what people link to b/c I find that they only link the articles that support their position. I don't care about anyone's position but mine! LOL!
Once again in her own words she validates your post and invalidates hers.

remarkable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 09:36 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,098 times
LongIslandCitizen:
Quote:
Potter is a different story, He's a troll , Plain and simple. At first he comes off as pretty intelligent then comes up with something completely out of left field. Do a search of his posts and count how many facts accompany his statements. At this point they have become the bobsy twins. I'm not putting them down but they know the market has crashed and whatever losses they have sustained through this it seems they are taking pleasure in getting under your skin. It is therapy for them, a way to get back at those who were more prudent about the market and manage their finances more responsibly.Seriously I have no idea if this is their situation but it is obvious. However these are most likely the people that got us into this mess and i don't have any sympathy for them. And by saying mess...it's their mess and we're going to be paying for it.
Boy, LIC, you're awful presumptive today...oh, that was yesterday, my bad.

I just love people who wish ill on others because they can't have what they want (not really)...or assume others are in a bad position(s) to make themselves feel better (not really).

It's gonna be allright...just move away from your corner of hell, come buy you a beautiful home for cheap in GA (or anywhere else re is affordable) and you'll realize you aren't as bitter as you think :-)

Just let it go, man. May the sun come out tomorrow for you...

Last edited by PotterGeek; 04-26-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 04-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
Speaking up in defense of PotterGeek. We don't always agree, but there's enough give and take in the posts to be sure he/she isn't a troll.

I think one of the things that makes the discussions on this board so heated is how vastly different the local markets are (and I'm not just talking about CA, FL, NV, AZ vs. everyone else). Different zipcodes in a single state have been effected and are reacting in radically different ways.

It's hard not to be cynical of someone else's perspective when it's 180 degrees from what you see out your window and you don't know what the hell they're seeing out theirs. (Or if they're even looking out theirs.)

I have no doubt that there are posters on this board whose markets are relatively "fine." There are also those who claim their market is "fine" when, in fact, they are either ignorant or in denial. Same goes for rational, cautious buyers and complete bottom feeders. Without researching every poster, it's hard to tell who's who.

The value judgments don't help. In the end, their market is stable or not.

Side note: On the playground today, a woman told me it's a great time to buy. Shortly after that, she told me her house has been on the market for two years.

Thanks, Cohdane. Tried to rep you, but I have to "spread it around" first.

Once again, you are absolutely right and spot on!

Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Sure, and I agree that it could be a factor in price. I don't think we have a disagreement on this point.

However, I don't really agree that weather makes prices grow faster (unless the weather improves over the years!)
Gotcha..we're on the same page now...

Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM

28 posts, read 90,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGeek View Post
LongIslandCitizen:

Boy, LIC, you're awful presumptive today...oh, that was yesterday, my bad.

I just love people who wish ill on others because they can't have what they want (not really)...or assume others are in a bad position(s) to make themselves feel better (not really).

It's gonna be allright...just move away from your corner of hell, come buy you a beautiful home for cheap in GA (or anywhere else re is affordable) and you'll realize you aren't as bitter as you think :-)

Just let it go, man. May the sun come out tomorrow for you...
I guess the real estate bubble has not affected GA, especially in your neck of the woods.

Is your 1996 model year trailer available?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
I guess the real estate bubble has not affected GA, especially in your neck of the woods.

Is your 1996 model year trailer available?
(Another hater?)

Don't hate the player, hate the game...

Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM

982 posts, read 1,100,433 times
Quote:
(Another hater?)

LOL! Hey, who let you out of your mother's basement to get into that trailer anyway?????

The personal insults are always SO amusing, not to mention SO mature. I'll be glad when spring break is over and the kids are back in school.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfancypants View Post
lol! hey, who let you out of your mother's basement to get into that trailer anyway?????

the personal insults are always so amusing, not to mention so mature. I'll be glad when spring break is over and the kids are back in school.
ROFLMAO!

I'm not sure, but I bet they were in "denial"....

Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 AM

28 posts, read 90,685 times
Quote:
(Another hater?)

Far from it.

I've enjoyed some of your previous posts but to be honest, the last couple of weeks I've seen a different side of you.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
Far from it.

I've enjoyed some of your previous posts but to be honest, the last couple of weeks I've seen a different side of you.

I'm just the same ole, same ole...nothing's changed here
(Read my posting history if there's any concern...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate