Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,303,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Now why would anyone take a toilet seat?
That must've been one comfy seat they just couldn't leave behind! Either that or it was made of gold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM

15,608 posts, read 40,561,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
My mother in law once asked for the "ugly burnt orange chair".

Seriously - that's how the purchase agreement was written, "Stove, refrigerator, garage remotes, ugly burnt orange chair ...."

okay I'm curious...why did she ask for an ugly chair?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM

17,734 posts, read 14,840,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
okay I'm curious...why did she ask for an ugly chair?
The owners has moved out and left only a few random pieces throughout the house - one was this ugly orange crushed velour chair. Think super 70s chic.

I guess it reminded her of ... a happier time? A simpler time? An ugly furniture time?

In any case, it matched the bright orange sink too.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
The owners has moved out and left only a few random pieces throughout the house - one was this ugly orange crushed velour chair. Think super 70s chic.

I guess it reminded her of ... a happier time? A simpler time? An ugly furniture time?

In any case, it matched the bright orange sink too.
I still have orange counter tops in my kitchen (we bought a fixer 6 years ago)...it would totally match my counters.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 AM

270 posts, read 969,843 times
Here in Georgia, it is quite common to have a house with a basement and have a billiards (pool) table in your basement. They are not very easy to move - usually you hire a professional to take apart the table or move it for you... I've heard of buyers requesting that the sellers leave the pool table. And the sellers get upset because these pool tables cost around $5,000 to $1,500.

I had one friend who said he was in a dispute with his buyers of his house about the pool table. The buyers of his house said that the pool table was a fixture in the house and therefore had to remain in the house. My friend's RE agent advised him that the pool table was a piece of furniture and he was under no obligation. Of course my friend offered to sell the pool table separately to the buyers of his house and the buyers refused. The buyers knew that my friend was moving to a place where he wouldn't have space for the pool table so they thought they had leverage in getting his pool table. Not true, he found a buyer for his pool table, specifically me.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I still have orange counter tops in my kitchen (we bought a fixer 6 years ago)...it would totally match my counters.
Ah, another resident of a Brady Bunch house I see ...

Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Ah, another resident of a Brady Bunch house I see ...

Here's a story
of a lovely lady...

minus 4 children and still married.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Here's a story
of a lovely lady...

minus 4 children and still married.
I'd rep you just because you made me sing the theme song this morning - except I need to spread some more around first. Sigh.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,824,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnyong View Post
Here in Georgia, it is quite common to have a house with a basement and have a billiards (pool) table in your basement. They are not very easy to move - usually you hire a professional to take apart the table or move it for you... I've heard of buyers requesting that the sellers leave the pool table. And the sellers get upset because these pool tables cost around $5,000 to $1,500.

I had one friend who said he was in a dispute with his buyers of his house about the pool table. The buyers of his house said that the pool table was a fixture in the house and therefore had to remain in the house. My friend's RE agent advised him that the pool table was a piece of furniture and he was under no obligation. Of course my friend offered to sell the pool table separately to the buyers of his house and the buyers refused. The buyers knew that my friend was moving to a place where he wouldn't have space for the pool table so they thought they had leverage in getting his pool table. Not true, he found a buyer for his pool table, specifically me.
I was in a similar situation when I moved across the country. Buyer was interested in the fridge, but wanted it for less than Craigslist prices (he knew I had already moved and was going to have to come back for the furniture I left behind to stage the place). No way was I going to sell a nearly new fridge for $150. I got a fair deal from my grandma who lived nearby to replace the POS abandoned fridge that was in her place when she moved in.

Sometimes buyers think they have the advantage when they fail to see the big picture.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,074,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
..once you get that thing broken-in just right you ain't gonna let something like a lil' ol' house sale separate ya' from it...

On a more serious note, I have seen a few folks ask for HUGELY expensive changes, like "we don't want the gas boiler and radiators, you think the sellers would switch to forced air for us", or "we like everything about the house except that my dad says we should not get a frame house, do you think we could ask for brick to be installed". Needless to say these 'requests' did not get fulfilled...
Oh, now that's funny! Obviously, they didn't understand that a brick facade is just that...a facade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate