Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
If you are in a seller market, I agree. But I expect to have a full funtioning kitchen including fridge, when I buy unless it is a bank own property where the price reflect that. I guess what I am saying is the buyer should ask as part of the bigger transaction and if it doesn't include then price should reflect those..
I hear what you're saying, but in Texas that's not the way it typically works. Kind of like how pool tables can be a regional thing, in Texas that would not be considered a fixture either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,049,701 times
This refrigerator talk has me trying to remember all the houses I've bought and sold (5). My first home was a spec condo in Ohio that included a builder-grade fridge. We left it behind as it was too small for the next house, also in Ohio, which did not include the fridge. We sold that house after only nine months (unexpected job transfer) and took the fridge with us. Third house in California did not include the fridge. Good thing we brought one with us! Left it behind when we moved cross-country to our next house in Maryland, which had a fridge. Replaced the entire kitchen, then moved eighteen months later to Colorado. Left the brand-new fridge behind, as we were moving into a rental house, which had a full-functioning kitchen. Bought final (hopefully!) house in Colorado, fridge included. Replaced it during second month after it stopped cooling and ruined $500 worth of food.

Never moving again!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,458,981 times
On the day they were moving out sellers offered to sell us the refrigerator because they thought it would be a pain to move. My wife wasn't paying attention and when I mentioned it later in the day, she had the Realtor call back to ask the price. The sellers already loaded into the moving van. So, the house has the cheaper refrigerator that we moved in. Oh well, we were planning on keeping that refrigerator anyway, but it does hurt to have an extra one (electricity aside).

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,906,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
:rofl: I remember when I bought my last house, the couple selling were seperated. The husband went in to the title company and signed all the papers, then hours later, after we had our inspection we and the wife went in to sign. While we were there the husband went into the house and took the shower heads, lol. These weren't expensive shower heads they had put in or anything, just regular old builders grade shower heads. I have NO idea why.

Sorry to have hijacked the op's thread. I've never had nor seen weird repair requests that I can remember.....they have all been legit requests....although I have to admit I generally use the 'as is' Florida contract and tell agents bringing in an offer on one of my listings to do the same. Saves us from the nonsense that can go on.

NO offense taken....LOL...when we bought the home we are selling the original owners took the plates that cover the electrical outlets..(they were the 2 dollar ones at home depot)...AND they took the swingset. We didnt have kids..but being young and naive...we were too embarassed FOR them to say anything. So we let it go. Now 10 years (and three kids later)--we will not be so naive to assume that a bolted down swingset that weighs hundreds of pounds is part of the property. LOL

Old 05-21-2009, 09:36 PM

15,574 posts, read 40,417,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
NO offense taken....LOL...when we bought the home we are selling the original owners took the plates that cover the electrical outlets..(they were the 2 dollar ones at home depot)...AND they took the swingset. We didnt have kids..but being young and naive...we were too embarassed FOR them to say anything. So we let it go. Now 10 years (and three kids later)--we will not be so naive to assume that a bolted down swingset that weighs hundreds of pounds is part of the property. LOL
This is why in our MLS we have an exclusions line. Many swingsets are listed as excluded.

Taking the plates that cover the outlets...what in the world?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,500,550 times
Well - I know this must be strange - but I dug up and took some of my prized perennials -
We always left the washer and dryer but not now that we got the expensive super duper front loaders that have a better paint job than our cars!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:12 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,794 times
When we sold our first home in 2005, the buyer asked for all the appliances and the small cheap window ac-even after I disclosed that the stove was 30+ years old with only 3 working burners, the dishwasher was old and portable, and the washer/dryer several years old and used daily by a large family. I was like...ok, have at it. We also left a nearly new metal storage shed, which they tore down and left on the curb a month later-dh had put it together with screws specifically so it could be taken apart, but they ripped it up. They could have probably sold it for a little $ if they hadn't. People are so weird sometimes!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:29 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,210,718 times
I bought an older estate property so I guess it wasn't really unusual that they left the fridge, washer/dryer, and garden tools. It was very beneficial to me being a first-time home buyer who did not have my own items. The fridge was fairly new but I replaced all the other appliances within 2 years as they were pretty old.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM

15,574 posts, read 40,417,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Well - I know this must be strange - but I dug up and took some of my prized perennials -
We always left the washer and dryer but not now that we got the expensive super duper front loaders that have a better paint job than our cars!
We have many "tagged plants" out here. For avid gardeners, they tag their plants that they want to take with them. Sometimes a tree or plant is sentimental. Not a big deal out here.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:57 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
We were asked to cut down our
Pomegranate trees...
Those idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate