Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:56 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gentle-what about after your well earned vacation you list FSBO? We're going to try as soon as Mr. L gains some strength.
That might be a good idea for you and the fact your home seems to be different than others and as well as you're not a motivated seller. Plenty of 'free' sites where you can post your house (google FSBO or for sale by owner homes and there's a site that doesn't charge to post your property) Also don't forget my suggestion about assessor records; if they have that tab, then you can see the real skinny about what's going on in your area re comps. You can also take out a classified ad in your major state newspaper to get good coverage - normally classified ads aren't real expensive. Just don't forget that if you go the FSBO route to factor in buyer agent fees because you do want agents to bring their buyers (and include that in any FSBO advertising)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
we're back from ER, not that we saw a Dr. i told him only way to go tomorrow was if Dr said it was ok. So we go but the waiting rm was so full people were standing. so he refused to stay. says he didnt black out, that things happened so fast. insists he's fine and not to worry. had brand new helmet on, too. he's cleaning both knuckles and im supposed to splint them for him.
Well that sucks about ER, but now he's back peddling on blacking out which you know he did. Watch him closely tonight for any symptoms of concussion and TELL him no amusement park until your family doctor gives him the OK. And going back to spending $100 billion dollars to go to the moon AGAIN - how about putting it into fully staffing hospitals and paying nurses more than slave wages

Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Stoy-maybe you guys should give uphiking and biking for awhile!!! Just keep a close eye on him-check his pupils for dilation and check him during the night. Men worse than a dozen kids.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Keep a close eye on him Stoy.
What are some signs of a concussion?
After a blow to the head, talk to your doctor if you have any of the following signs of concussion:
Headache
Vision disturbance
Dizziness
Loss of balance
Confusion
Memory loss (called amnesia)
Ringing ears
Difficulty concentrating
Nausea

Last edited by tambre; 07-19-2009 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Wow, I wrote exactly the same thing as Lacey.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM

so gals that one thread on the 'photo' just keeps getting weirder and weirder LOL anyway, when you get a chance check it out. I'm just LMAO at this point at some people

Old 07-19-2009, 03:46 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
thanks for your concern guys. apparently, im STILL overreacting. But- no headache, nausea, etc, from my EXPERIENCED concussion-ed DH. fingers are movable, too, so not broken, either.
C21, had to through in my 2 cents on that thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
my DH just got home from mountain biking with blood on his face, swollen fore arm (size of golf ball under his skin) and other hand covered up. he wont let me see. says probably broke his knuckle, deep gash on it. small bump on head. refuses to go to the hospital. stopped to buy first aid stuff and is in shower now cleaning off. had helmet on but says he blacked out for a few seconds. "remembers dirt in his face, then his friend asking if he was alright." landed 10 feet from the rock he hit. Our hospital here is sooooo slow, that's why he refuses to go. I'm most worried about the concussion. Tex or anyone, suggestions??? oh, we're supposed to go to the amusement park tomorrow, and he's insisting we are. what to do???
Bumps on heads are nothing to fool around with...he should go to the ER and have it checked out. Remember the actress Natasha Richardson who fell on a bunny slope? Stoy, convince him to go to the ER....better safe than sorry is my motto.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Well happy campers---I know I have made several posts on being old but now it has been confirmed by my recent visit from my son. Son and dil just came out bearing a gift for me, a gray wig. See it has been a long standing rule that I will not be old enough to be called Grandma until I have a whole head of gray hair. My mom didn't ever have it, even in her 70's so.... I got a wig as hint to the news--I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER---EEEKKKKKSSSS! tIMe for afew STIFF drinks.

Stoy, I am as bad as your hubby so I understand but........watch him close! You dont mess with head injuries.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Keep a close eye on him Stoy.
What are some signs of a concussion?
After a blow to the head, talk to your doctor if you have any of the following signs of concussion:
Headache
Vision disturbance
Dizziness
Loss of balance
Confusion
Memory loss (called amnesia)
Ringing ears
Difficulty concentrating
Nausea
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy-maybe you guys should give uphiking and biking for awhile!!! Just keep a close eye on him-check his pupils for dilation and check him during the night. Men worse than a dozen kids.
Stoy...this is all great advice. Bumps on the head can be something or nothing. Keep a CLOSE watch on him....at the slightest above symptoms that Tambre posted...get him to the ER ASAP.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well happy campers---I know I have made several posts on being old but now it has been confirmed by my recent visit from my son. Son and dil just came out bearing a gift for me, a gray wig. See it has been a long standing rule that I will not be old enough to be called Grandma until I have a whole head of gray hair. My mom didn't ever have it, even in her 70's so.... I got a wig as hint to the news--I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER---EEEKKKKKSSSS! tIMe for afew STIFF drinks.
WOW!! How exciting!! That child will wrap you around his/her little pinkie finger!!

Old 07-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Stoy, I am as bad as your hubby so I understand but........watch him close! You dont mess with head injuries.
Girlfriend, CONGRATS and remember: Nana - not Grandma LOL That's so exciting though and i'll even 'force' myself to have another beer to celebrate with you in spirit XXOO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate