Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Wish I would find out I was never married, lol, then maybe I could get all my cash back!!. Yep that would be a dream come true, but you cant get it out of a turnip either.

Well anyhooos the storm came back around and bit us, lit up the skies for sure. Absolutely hate lightening storms here, this shet is wicked. Just came from the little house, half their electric was out. Now just the air unit and I am worried it might have got hit, won't know till morning. Gonna replace the outside breaker first to see if that will do it and if not wellllll............

C21, I would have to trap the mamma cat and haul her in to get her fixed at my cost. she only comes around AFTER she is preg., guess she knows she needs add'l food. She will disappear for a couple of months and then walaah, she waddles into the barn for dinner. Local **** I guess, she really needs to raise her prices though, lol.

Hope you all have a good nite!
Funny, though not ha ha funny, is my pseudo cost me more than real one Oh well, such is life ya know? We've been having some lightening/thunder storms and I actually like them except when they hit too close. The sound rolling through the canyons is pretty cool. And yeah, guess Little Miss Easy Britches needs to raise her rates for servicing all the local gatos LOL
Moderator cut: image removed

Hope you have a good night. Albert is ready to go to bed, though I want to watch Letterman so we'll see who wins. Considering he just bit the crap out of my hand, I think I'm losing

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:08 AM..

Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
[b]
TEX- Grapes??? what is farm town??, You have a plot at a community garden?? I have one piddly cluster of grapes on my grapevine- slow to ripen, birds will get'em, probly

What is everyone doing for the 4th? Have my flag ready to go out, may cookout and play Phase 10 with the neighbors....

okay peep I am still keeping an eye on my boo boo...all is ducky thus far
Farm Town is an interactive game on FaceBook where you plant crops and harvest them!!! Leave it to me to have a vineyard!!

I love Phase 10--we play it all the time when we camp. Which reminds me...next week I am going camping for real!! I will post pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Yeah we "nag" cause we care.

Hey girls I'm sorta getting used to this bach'ing it.
Yes, that is why we nag--We CARE!
Lovin' the single life, huh?!?! It's nice to have some alone time. Hope Mr. L is improving daily.

PAINTER: How is your finger doing with the splinter? I have been thinking about you.

BARB: Happy birthday to Dogpaw. Yummy--I love spaghetti!!

Old 07-03-2009, 12:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Okay Peeps I need some heavy duty prayers for my DD, and DGD. Without going all into it, I know I mentioned DD was having marital issues...well HE is getting even more IRRATIONAL. Based on her call a while ago, please pray for her & DGD safety and her emotional state, that she can deal with this crap. Well if I write more I will be rambling.......she is supposed to be calling back....
please just pray....you know they are in Washington and here I am in Kansas, so far to be an immediate help.....
thanks

Old 07-03-2009, 01:17 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Okay Peeps I need some heavy duty prayers for my DD, and DGD. Without going all into it, I know I mentioned DD was having marital issues...well HE is getting even more IRRATIONAL. Based on her call a while ago, please pray for her & DGD safety and her emotional state, that she can deal with this crap. Well if I write more I will be rambling.......she is supposed to be calling back....
please just pray....you know they are in Washington and here I am in Kansas, so far to be an immediate help.....
thanks
Sara, lots of prayers going out. Can you convince her to come to your house?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Hi Sara,

Will pray for your DD and DGD. If there is any threat of violence due to his irrational behavior, perhaps you could call the local police and have them make a visit. Even if DD doesn't want you to...it might be that she is intimidated and fears retaliation. They may be able to determine if he needs some professional help or whether his irrationality is going to escalate to that point. At least he will be "put on notice" that his behavior is alarming/unacceptable/needs to change.

How is the spider bite today? I will pray for you as well. I also like Texas' idea...get her and your granddaughter out of there. Does she drive, and have her own car? She may need to visit her Mama, "as you were bitten by a spider and need her help." It's a perfect excuse, and nonthreatening to your SIL. Just some thoughts.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
thanks
Prayers your way Sara.. Can she come vist you like Tex had mentioned? That is the lowest of lows when a man starts going off/irrational behavior when a child is right there!in the middle of it....

Lacey--praying for Mr. L.. You must be drained.

Painter- wow, can we say hot there?????

c21== how hot is it in your neck of the woods???

Laying low today!! Going to Cape May Zoo....with the kidlets...Getting my hair done first though..........also have to dash to the gym..I will prob. only do 3 miles today.. for a total of 17 miles this week..of course, parting the red sea doesn't help LOL>>>>>>>>> yuk.tmi!!
Tomorrow going to a parade then watching the fireworks from our backyard!! Have a happy, Safe 4th all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
thanks
We've talked about this B4 and not surprised the Ahole is well . . personally, if my daughter I'd have her go to the bank, pull out as much $$ as possible from both checking and any savings (leave the Fker $5), then get in a car and head your way. The guy is unstable and if were me I'd just get the heck out of dodge then worry about the rest later (like filing for divorce, restraining order, reporting him to his commander and police - telling them she left due to fears of personal safety). Just pack what's important like some clothes, baby pics, and get the hel* out of there. Long X ago my sister married (2nd marriage) guy she went to HS with and he had done 2 tours in Nam. Sweet guy in HS, totally F'd up when he got back. She called me one day that he hitting her and my niece (who's like a DD to me). We got her away from him ASAP, in fact I was 16 and told her either leave or I'd drive there myself and take the guy out.

I'm praying hard, but she needs to get out of there with your DGD NOW B4 things escalate. That's JMO, but I think this guy is way beyond the point where counseling or anything like that will help. Take the $$ and run, then file for divorce in KS, stating all of the reasons why etc.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Prayers your way Sara.. Can she come vist you like Tex had mentioned? That is the lowest of lows when a man starts going off/irrational behavior when a child is right there!in the middle of it.... Great idea Tex had, but take the $$ too - she would need it for 'traveling to help mama with her spider bite' - but take it all.

c21== how hot is it in your neck of the woods??? Well in highlands now I'd say it's in the mid 60's - (it's start of normal green season, but weather patterns have been off last 1 1/2 years) - usually norms are mid 70's during the day, low 60's at night. Bocas it's warm and sunny right now, so wish i could get to my Bocas office but too busy here - probably in the low to mid- 80's there.

Laying low today!! Going to Cape May Zoo....with the kidlets...Getting my hair done first though..........also have to dash to the gym..I will prob. only do 3 miles today.. for a total of 17 miles this week..of course, parting the red sea doesn't help LOL>>>>>>>>> yuk.tmi!!
Tomorrow going to a parade then watching the fireworks from our backyard!! Have a happy, Safe 4th all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun at the zoo with your new doo (sounds like Dr. Seuss) and sorry about the whole Moses thing Sooooooo glad had total hysto and can't believe ppl told me it would take me a while to miss that x of the month. Yeah, right Forgot it's the 4th, 'cause our independence celebrations are in November (we have 2 - 1 from Spain and 'separation day' from Colombia) and I've just been here too long so I've forgotten almost every holiday - well I do remember what would have been my 25th anniversary to my son's dad which is 7/7 (I know, weird), but the other holidays I forget 'cause they're different - execept for father's day which is same here as in the States. MD is 8 December.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 AM

Default So speaking of ex's, pseudo ex's or soon to be . . .

Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
thanks
Sara, I was gone most of the day yesteday, with company and fixing food. Is DD ok? Is he gone over the deep end? The most important thing is her and DGD safety....if she needs a place to go our cottage is empty for a few das until late next week when my folks get up there....let me know..its only an hour away..prayers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate