Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:00 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
See ya in a while, Joy..dogpaw and I are watching Nascar
Nascar, huh? Well movie was great, I've seen it a million times but still enjoy but seems they're having a "Jack Ryan" marathon 'cause now it says Clear and Present Danger coming on which of course I love too. Albert whining he wants to go to bed, but Harrison Ford. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just tape up any bare skin so I don't get bit.

Stoy, you're too funny - been round bears myself and I can just see you jumping out of your skin while DH calmly saying, 'dear, it's just a deer' LOL Glad you got to see some of the fireworks. Hey, I just thought of something - maybe you AND DH were right! Did it look like this????

Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
Hahaha, Joy where do you find those pictures, love it!

Stoy, I would have jumped all the way to Panama if I had heard Hrffft..behind me on a hill in the dark, lol...I am a spook, would have peed my pants...where are those depends when you need them??

Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,654 times
Barb, i'll loan ya some, been going thru them fast these days. wonder what i'll see today, going mountain bike riding!
Joy, where DO you find those pics?? that is freaky! i didnt even think of the deer wanting to attack til i got home, like on those stupid people/stupid animal shows. I believed my husband when he said that the deer was just making it's presence known. "hi deer, ok, you can have your hill back, we're going. hope you enjoyed the fireworks..."

Old 07-05-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Barb, i'll loan ya some, been going thru them fast these days. wonder what i'll see today, going mountain bike riding!
Joy, where DO you find those pics?? that is freaky! i didnt even think of the deer wanting to attack til i got home, like on those stupid people/stupid animal shows. I believed my husband when he said that the deer was just making it's presence known. "hi deer, ok, you can have your hill back, we're going. hope you enjoyed the fireworks..."
Glad you girls got a chuckle out of it. I was howling when i found it. Did a google search for bear deer and WHAM! There was this pic of a 1/2 bear 1/2 deer, so . . . . course you all have found out I'm a tad weird which is why when I read your post, Stoy, I went hmmmmmmm - then off to Google pictures LOL

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-05-2009 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: PS WAS A FAKE 1/2 DEER 1/2 BEAR LMFAO

Old 07-05-2009, 07:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,698 times
Morning All, Hope everyone had a good holiday. I ended up having a small cook out here for the new neighbors, nothing fancy at all. We had a threat of rain but it only came to the field across the road us, it is strange.

C21, can I pitch a tent by that runnin' stream? That looks like my kinda neighborhood! Love the mtns, like the water but...

Old 07-05-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning All, Hope everyone had a good holiday. I ended up having a small cook out here for the new neighbors, nothing fancy at all. We had a threat of rain but it only came to the field across the road us, it is strange.

C21, can I pitch a tent by that runnin' stream? That looks like my kinda neighborhood! Love the mtns, like the water but...
I never can figure out how it can be raining across the road then not on the other. Mother Nature is one strange bird. And streams, rivers like this are all over the Province. Really is one of many reasons why I just love this darn country - gorgeous beaches and beautiful moutains with rivers. What's great too is that the country is so narrow that I can live in the highlands but drive to the beaches on the Pacific in about 1 1/2 hours or a 30 minute plane ride and I'm in Bocas on Isla Colon in the Caribbean. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

The one stream I posted actually just a small section of a river and the impatiens grow wild here. Me and flowers - some of the stuff I tried to grow at 9100' above sea level that were teeny tiny, are big ole bushes here. In fact, I had never seen eucalyptus except at hobby lobby then came here and saw big old trees (didn't even KNOW they were a tree LOL).

Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Joy, Ok count me in...I can't work, can't cook, can't do much but would love to see that scenery! I know you probably mentioned this, but how did you find that paradise and what made you decide to move there, aside from the obvious beauty?

Nothing Nothing Nothing doing here. In my robe. Doesnt seem like a holiday to me, but I am thankful to be an American and wish everyone a Happy 4th.

I planned to get up and work in that damn office today...I cant seem to do it. I woke up at 4 am and the whole day was just shot. went back to sleep for a while. We have burger fixins here so will have dogpaw bbq in a bit.

I need to call my mom and see if she heard from the repair people, their a/c went out last night. Right now it's 109 at the Palm Springs airport, deduct about 4-5 from that for here, its too hot to not have a/c. they do have their portable swamp cooler...my dad was in such a foul mood last night and earlier I have been avoiding calling there...better bite the bullet, I guess..
Hey DM, did the folks find someone who could fix their A/C. Dang, being in the desert with no A/C No wonder your dad was in a foul (to say the least) mood last night. I would have been stark raving mad . . . well, guess I'm already there but would have been something!

So, how Panama and I'll give the condensed version (I could write a book about the entire story). Always knew I wanted to be in the tropics (I WAS Johnny Quest! LOL), so when I went looking for places for my own offices scratched off a lot of countries in CA (after military coup in Honduras glad I had scratched that one off), and it came down to Costa Rica and Panama. Of course the whole move and what I wanted to do was prayer based and I had promised God that if he took me somewhere I could help people I would. Anyway, checked out CR and while beautiful country, no problems I just knew that was not where I was supposed to be.

Came back and was having lunch with a realtor friend of mine who was with ERA and she told me she was coming to Panama the following January for an entire month and had I checked it out yet (she owns property in Bocas and Boquete). I said it was next on my list, but had just gotten back from CR (September) . . . then thought was too good of an opp to go there, be with a friend and essentially be her shadow for 3 weeks. Literally the minute the plane touched down in the country I knew. Went with her shopping in PC, to Bocas and saw my first survey (which is another funny story), to Boquete and just knew - especially when I started hearing all of the horror stories about how RE was being done here.

Came back, oh probably 3 more times checking market, hearing MORE horror stories and realized that this was where I was supposed to be and put in my owner's app for franchise rights for Bocas and Boquete (brought 1st franchise into the Western Region). Got formally approved in October of 2004, moved down here New Year's Eve of '04 and haven't looked back since. Never been happier - even my pseudo when he came the first time made a comment about how in the decades he'd known me he'd never seen me so content.

So that's how the blonde ended up in Panama!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Hi all-another holiday behind us.

Great time-quiet-with Mr. L's sis and hub-they left about an hour ago.

Harrison Ford-never catch the plots cause I'm so busy just watching him!!!
Dam that Callista cause I just know he was looking for me.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-another holiday behind us.

Great time-quiet-with Mr. L's sis and hub-they left about an hour ago.

Harrison Ford-never catch the plots cause I'm so busy just watching him!!!
Dam that Callista cause I just know he was looking for me.
You're a hoot, girl. I was thinking the same thing. Dang her for snaggin' him up LOL Actually when I first moved down here and saw the license plates for bocas del toro read B Del Toro, I thought that if Benicio Del Toro married me then my name would match my license plates. Mrs. B Del Toro with B Del Toro plates LOL

Old 07-05-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Affair with an Older Woman LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate