Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

Good for you CD!!! Fingers crossed.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:08 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Good luck, Cd!
Lacey, maybe some vegetable soup will be good for both of you?
NJ, no nothing. but my husband gave me permission to talk to our realtor about a small price drop. halfway thru summer but resigning to the fact we will be here thru the winter . if so i plan on taking a couple of vacations, one to see one of my siblings out west (Utah or Az), other maybe to DisneyWorld. Maybe it would be a "girl getaway"? hint hint
had 1 1/2 hr dentist appt this am. novacaine really knocks me for a loop, so will spend rest of day laying around.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Rest Stoy! I tried that one - made a huge stockpot of beef/veg soup-cost a pretty penny-ended up giving it to my neighbors.

I am resigned to the fact that we are here for awhile. Right now the medical care is just too good and convenient. God works in mysterious ways.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Hi everyone! Just an update... I have had my house on the market almost a year. Up to last week, 22 showing and not ONE offer. I have become very disinterested in the whole thing. Last week I had 2 showings... and 2 offers!!!! The first offer if 5k too low, but the 2nd is acceptable. HOWEVER, they have been pre-qualified, but won't know till later this week if they get the mortgage. Anyway, at least SOMETHING is happening. Wish me luck!
WOW! Good luck Sounds like good things are starting to happen and at least they've been pre-qualified! Fingers crossed!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
My gosh, you must be a youngun compared to us! LOL Well here's some eye candy for you too (and I'm ancient and think he's a little cutie)

I don't a never did like pretty boys which he is. Just show me a mans man.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone! Just an update... I have had my house on the market almost a year. Up to last week, 22 showing and not ONE offer. I have become very disinterested in the whole thing. Last week I had 2 showings... and 2 offers!!!! The first offer if 5k too low, but the 2nd is acceptable. HOWEVER, they have been pre-qualified, but won't know till later this week if they get the mortgage. Anyway, at least SOMETHING is happening. Wish me luck!
Good luck cdcdguy

Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Rest Stoy! I tried that one - made a huge stockpot of beef/veg soup-cost a pretty penny-ended up giving it to my neighbors.

I am resigned to the fact that we are here for awhile. Right now the medical care is just too good and convenient. God works in mysterious ways.
Doesn't he always. Some never can see that but us lucky ones can and take comfort in knowing that.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Morning all-yes I have thought of the Ensure,etc but it is his stubbornness-he says food has no taste or metallic and that's the meds. He wants only oatmeal and if he wants something different "he will let me know" (prays to St. Jude for patience).
The shakes in the hosp.? He sent them back or refused them when they'd bring them!

Hey this is easy for me as I'm easy to feed and if he wants oatmeal he gets it. Did I tell you I have a new nickname? Yep the "Enabler"-my kids dubbed me.
Your kids don't have to live with Mr.L! What is his FAVORITE food...make it one day---get the house smelling delicious and if he says "I didn't want that", just say "I made it for myself...I'm not eating no stinking oatmeal for every meal" ...then while eating...keep making "mmmm" sounds and "oh boy, I outdid myself with this meal"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex- are you working????When do you start the per diem job???

Get ready for MJ funeral tomorrow at 1pm EST!
I start my per diem job on the 13th! I have my alarm set for 1 pm tomorrow...so I have to get to bed as soon as I get home in the morning from work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
On my Bday in september I'm going to start going backwards so at some point I'll be 21 again

So your nickname is the Enabler and my son calls me Little Miss Nostalgia because his dad's and my 25th would have been tomorrow and I ALWAYS remember the date and we separated when Stef was like 3 1/2 (he's 23 1/2 now). Always get a bit depressed around our anniversary. My ex (real one - not pseudo LOL) already prepared for me to do what I usually do which is have a few cervezas and write him an email (done it in the past so he's used to it by now LOL). We're still good friends so he just puts up with me.
I've heard of drunk dialing,....never drunk e-mailing!!

What day is your b'day in September? Mine is the 15th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Lacey, I can understand Mr L having abit of a food fear with all he has gone through BUT...TOUGH LOVE GIRL, you make him understand he has to eat because you want him to be around to make your life miserable for along time,lol....you know what I am saying.
Good advice Painter.

I am thinking of changing agencies when my contract is up with this one too.
Quote:
Me too...1 year this month and not one single offer. Glad to hear you finally have an offer---GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Hey this is easy for me as I'm easy to feed and if he wants oatmeal he gets it.
So this is a very sneeky idea, but well . . . he loves oatmeal, right? Only thing the man will eat, right? Well, it has to be mixed with SOMETHING so instead of mixing with just water or milk throw in some protien/nutrient mix. I'll bet you he will NEVER know - only that he's getting his way about 'only oatmeal'. My niece HATES onions but always loved my potato soup - so to trick her, I'd grate and chop the onions so small that she never knew they were in there.

If ya can't beat them, TRICK THEM

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-06-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: duh, big typo

Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
I start my per diem job on the 13th! I have my alarm set for 1 pm tomorrow...so I have to get to bed as soon as I get home in the morning from work!
Good deal Tex. Hope you had a nice day!

I need a fine pic of Harry Connick or Michael Buble C21!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate