Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:50 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
dogmom- The first offer was a verbal offer only. He was simply fishing. It was more than 25% off asking. His next offer was low, but is at least respectable. This buyer is under the impression that EVERY seller is deparate. I don't need to sell the house at this time, it is just too big for me.

The lone buyer left is well qualified , and has been given the green light for a mortgage, so I don;t want to toss him aside, but he is still 5k too low, and I have come down more than that. I guess if I was desperate, I would sell at his price. I do understand it is a buyers market, but my house is already in the low end of recent comps.

What is really getting strange... I really like the house, and can afford it. The biggest thorn was the yard work. Since I hired someone to do it, I am kind of enjoying it. This whole selling process just seems to be a complete waste of time, but I realize I have to keep trying. Anyway, thanks to you all for listening. I know there are many is the same boat.
Well, JMO, maybe someone is trying to send you a message, you know? You wanted to sell it evidently 'cause upkeep just too much for you, you can afford it and now with gardener, you're finding yourself enjoying it again. Buyers can be strange birds especially when they get their family involved in the process, but if you're now enjoying your house since you got help on yard work????? Maybe I missed something else about reasons you wanted to sell, but the bolded part of your post just kind-of lept out at me. Anyway, just givin' ya something to ponder.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex-never too late!

BTW-NJS I was a very young baby-bride-LOL. Yeah, like a fetus LOL.

But what's great and really puts the whole marriage thing into perspective is that back then divorces were harder to get and people worked through problems. I remember my daddy (actually GF 'but he's who raised me) telling me that it wasn't that he and mom (my GM) didn't have problems - and yeah, they could get a divorce, but that all they'd be doin' was trading one set of issues for another (the whole grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence). So they just worked through those rough spots. Just one more thing my daddy told me that, being a wild-child, I did not listen to. But he's right - the grass most often than not is not greener on the other side of the fence; we just exchange one set of problems for another 'cause nothing or no one in life is perfect.

Yes sort of a difference today-I sense he's stronger this morning and guess what-omelets for dinner-set up from oatmeal.
YEAH - Omelets for dinner and still sneak in some protein/nutrient stuff LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Such romantic stories...love to hear about love. C21, you never know...it may happen between you again. Tex, better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. True, but . . . I tell myself that but still . . . I just leave things in God's hands and try to listen to what He's telling me.

And Tex, as far as a heart to heart, my assistant has been telling me to get him down for a visit so we could 'see' if it's just nostalgia or things could be rekindled . . . in one email where he sent me a bunch of pics of fall somewhere there was a picture of the huge tree with purple flowers and I told him he really should visit Boquete 'cause they grew here. Thing is we're both going in different places now so unless we did the long-distance thing, which I'd be OK with since I'm used to being alone anyway so long as we saw each other several times a year until retirement, not sure would work on his end + there's his GF of 6 or more years (which is strange in itself) 'course that is why his parents loved me because they never thought he'd ever get married and then I came along, he screwed up royally and the only way to keep me was to marry me.

But considering today is 'the' day, I'm buying a lot of beer for tonight LOL maybe I'll drop it into an email. I really don't know 'what' I'm feeling, if that makes sense - only that I have a lot of regrets about not knowing then what I know now and always get depressed around our anniversary.

NJ...what is wrong with your realtor...? She's just there for the offers/closing/commission. How about showing your house, and getting interested buyers to look at it. Hey, I thought that was part of being a realtor, but maybe it's all about sitting back and waiting for your commission check. She's a frickin' loser, that's what's wrong with her! Time to give her the ole heave 'ho'

Dogmom, glad to hear you sound so much better. Me too! You're sounding like yourself again! XX

Crazyma, how are things with DD and DGD? Yes, update please! Been worried.

Hope he continues to heal and get stronger. Hang in there...you are amazing, and not an enabler, but a true loving partner who is supporting her dh through the toughest of times. Isn't she just the bomb? My hero!

Texas..how's your brother doing? Those kids are going to be lucky to have such a caring person as their nurse. Other than pain of PT, how's he healing??? and on your long lost love, have you tried to find out what's going on with him? With the internet, well one can find out just about anything . . .

HDL..., we are all waiting to hear what the good news is? Can you give us a hint? Yes, HDL - we're waiting and an impatient 'pack'. Might have to hunt you down and beat it out of you LOL

DH and I took a 10 day bus trip through Costa Rica. What a beautiful place. I loved the Pacific Coast beaches (Manuel Antonio), and Tortegero (sp?) on the Atlantic side. Are there any active volcanoes in Panama? We stayed at a place near Arenal...an active volcano, and it erupted during the night. That was a sound you will never forget. We got to see a small lava flow trickle down the side of the volcano, and light the foliage on fire as it traveled. So cool.
Actually, the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area is where I stayed when looking for place for my office (though there was already a C21 office there but wanted to talk to the people there). Loved it as well as Jaco. CR just wasn't for me and they don't grandfather things in like here in Panama so when laws change, ppl aren't protected on their land - owning RE offices + that is not a good thing. We do have a volcano, Volcan Baru, which I can see from my living room window but it's inactive. Most we get here are tremmors which I sleep through.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,703,540 times
bocasgold- I am a single now divorced guy. House has 5 bedrooms. Don't even use the upstairs. Seems a waste. But maybe it is a sign. Who knows?? Anyway, at least I am not unhappy here.

Last edited by cdcdguy; 07-07-2009 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,703,540 times
My agent just called.The lone buyer is walking through again this afternoon.... Wonder if he will bring the same offer. This is the only second showing for one buyer I have had.......

Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Quote:
My agent just called.The lone buyer is walking through again this afternoon.... Wonder if he will bring the same offer. This is the only second showing for one buyer I have had.......
Good luck with your second showing. Hope they make you a good offer.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
So, I have a general question about agents. Are there some agents who are known to be good buyer's agents, and some agent's who are known to be good seller's agents? Or, are all agents better buyer's agents during a buyers market and all agents better seller's agents during a seller's market?

Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
bocasgold- I am a single now divorced guy. House has 5 bedrooms. Don't even use the upstairs. Seems a waste. But maybe it is a sign. Who knows?? Anyway, at least I am not unhappy here.
Yeah, now I know where you're coming from. Me too and used to have a huge house in the states, but now just me (and cat) so I have a small 2BR/2BA house with flowers everywhere and awesome views in neighborhood with great neighbors. At least you're in a position to wait to get the right price. Good luck with 2nd showing. Joy

Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So, I have a general question about agents. Are there some agents who are known to be good buyer's agents, and some agent's who are known to be good seller's agents? Or, are all agents better buyer's agents during a buyers market and all agents better seller's agents during a seller's market?
Well, a good agent is good at both, but even in good market conditions I liked working with buyers the most because coming from legal background I liked the fact I could still help people, but help them make their 'dream' of owning a home come true, instead of holding their hands through divorces, kids getting thrown in jail etc. That's why my brokerages' slogan is "Making Dreams a Reality".

That said, I do think some people are better working with buyers than working as listing agents. Knew a lot of lazy LA in the states that would just throw property on the MLS, maybe advertise then spend their day at the golf course, ya know? A lot of others were very, very proactive for their sellers. Here, we're great LA, but specialize in buyer representation 'cause things work so much different than in the States and our job is to protect their 'A$$ and Assets'. Why I have to review every darn offer and contract that goes through both of my brokerages. Attorneys suck because they don't have good paralegals, so I get to play paralegal.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Joy, please make my dream a reality. did you ever get to see that pic i posted for you? it wasnt of a man, just a joke pic, like you tend to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate