Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

Hi all-back from a long day at the hospital-he's doing better and may be home Mon or Tues. I'm getting used to this bachelorette living tho and liking it. Eat what and when I want,etc.

Realtor left message that she'll come for sign,lockbox next week-no arguement.

Great idea Painter.

RIP Farrah-she fought the good fight.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:05 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hi Lacey..that is wonderful news about Mr. L.
Glad you heard from your agent..what is she going to say? I say you and Mr. L. take a rest from it for a while and get your bearings and health back up to snuff....or just put some ads in locally since you are in a resort area..see what happens...but your health comes first, everything else is just 'stuff'.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
You got that right Barb!

It will be a break to see the sign gone-relief and not even AlkaSeltzer.

BTW doctor said he's recouping great.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:32 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Hello everyone! Nice to meet ya'll. I'm fairly new to this part of the forums are CD. I figured, I'll stop by and introduce myself! I made an offer on an REO property this afternoon. I'm super anxious because there were 10 other bidders in with me. I started by only bidding $5K over the last highest bidder and then decided to come back and give a final offer that was $20K higher than my previous offer (because of all the bidders). Not sure if I'll get it but all bids were supposed to be entered before 5pm today so bidding is over. Now is on to waiting, oh the wait.....

Old 06-26-2009, 04:38 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Happy for you Lacey!
Welcome gf1025!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Hey everyone,

So sad about Farrah and Michael, and of course Ed McMahon, although he was older.

This thread won't be an official Crazy Camp #5 until Crazyma posts..! Where are you C-Ma?

Lacey, so relieved to hear that Mr. L. is on the mend.

We had a broker's tour here the other day. I was in such a rush to get the dogs into the car that I shut Rufus' tail in the door. Hey yelped so loudly that all of the agents came out of the house to make sure everything was alright. His tail was fine, luckily.

Their feedback was not that complimentary, but I won't go into it...too depressing, as most were things I can't fix without renovating. Then my dh and I got into a huge fight about it..as I was taking it to heart, and he said that I should remember that we love the house, and to not listen to all their comments as if there is only "one way" for a house to be.

But, at least one agent liked the house enough to show it...tomorrow from 11:00 - 12:00.

We are in the process of car shopping for a late model SUV..found some real bargains...2008 Mitsuibishi Endeavor for $16,500, with 12,000 miles, and a 2008 Suzuki XL7 with 13,000 for $15,999. I don't really want to spend that much though. Does anyone love their SUV? Would love to hear about it.
Dh just made eggplant parmesan, so got to go eat. He's such a sweetheart.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-back from a long day at the hospital-he's doing better and may be home Mon or Tues. I'm getting used to this bachelorette living tho and liking it. Eat what and when I want,etc.

RIP Farrah-she fought the good fight.
I'm so happy to hear this, Lacey! (and you can still eat what you want when you want when he comes home). You'll be so much happier having him there with you. And, yeah, Farrah did fight the good fight and tried to help others while she was going through her ordeal. Very caring and classy lady.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Hello everyone! Nice to meet ya'll. I'm fairly new to this part of the forums are CD. I figured, I'll stop by and introduce myself! I made an offer on an REO property this afternoon. I'm super anxious because there were 10 other bidders in with me. I started by only bidding $5K over the last highest bidder and then decided to come back and give a final offer that was $20K higher than my previous offer (because of all the bidders). Not sure if I'll get it but all bids were supposed to be entered before 5pm today so bidding is over. Now is on to waiting, oh the wait.....
Welcome gf - we are a fun and supportive group (and a tad crazy hence Crazy Camp) On your REO, just have to be patient. REO are different animals from straight purchase, but the reward is getting the house at a much lower price. So don't make yourself crazy over this - the right house for you is out there and if this one doesn't work out, then it just wasn't the house you were meant to buy. Now have some tea, glass of vino or a beer and enjoy your weekend!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:28 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Welcome gf1025....hope you placed the winning bid.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:31 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Awww, thanks!!! Well the price is not turning out to be a SUPER bargain (since there was so much interest with the property being on the market for just one week!) but it's still like a 6-8% discount if I can get it for the price I oferred. Considering the house seems to be in good shape and the neighborhood is very sought after I guess it's ok. You're completely right about that though. I won't sweat it! I know the right house for me is out there and if it's not this one it will come along soon enough. :-) I'll try to enjoy my weekend hopefully this bad sore throat and stiff neck go away and let me. Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I look forward fun times here on the crazy camp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Welcome gf - we are a fun and supportive group (and a tad crazy hence Crazy Camp) On your REO, just have to be patient. REO are different animals from straight purchase, but the reward is getting the house at a much lower price. So don't make yourself crazy over this - the right house for you is out there and if this one doesn't work out, then it just wasn't the house you were meant to buy. Now have some tea, glass of vino or a beer and enjoy your weekend!

Last edited by gf1025; 06-26-2009 at 06:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate