Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:27 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Barb I'm up-they'll be on sale probably in Aug for back to school sales.

The coverage on TV is inane tho-poor Farrah is hardly mentioned. Also some commentator today compared this to the deaths of JFK,Elvis and Princess Diana.

With all that's going on in our fragile world why they are on this non-stop is beyond me.
Thanks Lacey, probably if I could empty out the garage I would find all the storage I need...I am NEVER moving again, ever.

I think the coverage on tv will taper out the next day or so, until the services, which would be nice if they kept it private..now they are talking about MJ being on Rx drugs, stress..he was in tons of debt..very sad but then again he spent money like there was no tomorrow. probably just a combination of many things.

I guess I will go back to bed..its 3:30 am on the west coast here..the dogs that woke me up so rudely at 1:30 am are now all sound asleep..aaargh!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,351,197 times
Quote:
Morning Barb I'm up-they'll be on sale probably in Aug for back to school sales.

The coverage on TV is inane tho-poor Farrah is hardly mentioned. Also some commentator today compared this to the deaths of JFK,Elvis and Princess Diana.

With all that's going on in our fragile world why they are on this non-stop is beyond me.
It is over the top. Poor Farrah didn't get so much as a few minutes on TV...........

It is too depressing watching this all! Wait for a few weeks to go by, can you see the legal fights that are going to ensue? who gets custody of the kids? who will be left out of Michael's will....family fighting over his estate....What a mess. This will be making headlines for at least a year or so.........watch........

Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
For sure NJSocks-this is the tip and we will be bombarded with all this-our world is crumbling and this is all that's being covered?

I feel empowered-I just left a message for our realtor to please come and remove the sign and lockbox even if we only have a few days left as I have enough to deal with right now. Let's see if she responds.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Morning all, Just sittin waiting for the call that closing is done. title co is now trying to "fit" them in, like they are busy or something, geeze. this market is such a bunch of b.s.

Barb, Just a thought on the storage problem---I bought a wire shelf unit at the H.Depot on sale, used plastic boxes to stash stuff in and then took sheets and made curtains with ties to hide it. Have less than a 100 in it and it holds alot of crap. You could put it in a guess room easily.

Nurse Texas, What is the best way to get a splinter out from under a nail that is across the width of the nail?? Have had drawing salve on it since last night, but the thing is so swollen now I cant bend or touch it. Wish it was the left hand.........

You go Lacey! After you sell it yourself come on down to FL and unload mind for me!!!

I think when mine is out of contract I will be changing agents. The challenge is finding a go getter here, no one wants rural listings now.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,987 times
Quote:

I agree Lacey enough is enough. I as all of you most likly know watch FNC and all day and all night the same thing was said about MJ. OK He died and I am sorry about that but do they have do go on and on. We all have our own problems. I also agree that coverage stopped about Farrah ( My heart goes out to her family) but I really don't think they would have talked about her 24/7 like MJ.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:12 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Just sittin waiting for the call that closing is done. title co is now trying to "fit" them in, like they are busy or something, geeze. this market is such a bunch of b.s.

Barb, Just a thought on the storage problem---I bought a wire shelf unit at the H.Depot on sale, used plastic boxes to stash stuff in and then took sheets and made curtains with ties to hide it. Have less than a 100 in it and it holds alot of crap. You could put it in a guess room easily.

Nurse Texas, What is the best way to get a splinter out from under a nail that is across the width of the nail?? Have had drawing salve on it since last night, but the thing is so swollen now I cant bend or touch it. Wish it was the left hand.........

You go Lacey! After you sell it yourself come on down to FL and unload mind for me!!!

I think when mine is out of contract I will be changing agents. The challenge is finding a go getter here, no one wants rural listings now.

I am hoping that the closing has gone thru on the little place painter. How in the world did you get a splinter under your nail and it sounds like it is getting infected to this untrained person (me). Feel better.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I also agree that coverage stopped about Farrah ( My heart goes out to her family)
This is what bothered me - stayed up and watched CBS 1/2 hour international version of evening news, before Johnny Depp (yummy) was on Letterman, and it was 2 seconds of Farrah, then all about MJ - the thing about Farrah is that when she was diagnosed with cancer, she connected with other people through website, blogs, visiting ordinary people, etc. to share her experience and try to help others going through similiar thing. Not for publicity which she hated, but to try and help people going through similar problems. That's what irks me the most - she tried to help people by reaching out, while the one getting all the coverage . . . . but I think that's how Farrah would have wanted it - loved, NOT, the reporter who asked Ryan O'Neil how he felt when he said she had passed

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 AM

Thinking of Farrah, I think actually she would have preferred to not have all the attention on her, she tried to help others like Lacey said..I see a whole Anna Nicole thing happening, it's almost exactly what happened with her, I am guessing that he was taking too many drugs and it stopped his heart. Actually if this turns into the circus I think it will, I will just stop watching tv and news in particular. I don't think Michael would have wanted all that attention, either.

Lacey, if that woman does not come TODAY and take the sign, I would rip it out of the ground myself..

Ok taking a shower and getting dressed, Dogpaw took off to the son's to install a dryer, i have time to myself to start doing something I guess.

painter, good idea about the shelves and curtain..I was thinking about taking off the closet doors (sliding) in the office and doing exactly that with a snazzy pair of panels...

later campers

Old 06-26-2009, 11:56 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,652 times
so here's something interesting. My in-laws had their house for sale last year. got one low ball offer, which they countered/refused, etc. This year, they've "procrastinated" putting house back up for sale because it's "not ready". (but it was ready last year?? ) anyway, my DH and I think they don't want to move because of their new grandchild. Good reason, right? anyway, the lowballers from last year have reconsidered, want to look at the house again because they still love it and havent found anything yet. My inlaws said for them not to bother if they're not gonna come up in price. We'll see what happens. Maybe it'll encourage my DH to lower our price so we move too?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM

where is everyone today???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate