Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:00 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh crap-happy dreams here after that-whew.

Lorrie-it's touch and go, I thought for sure we'd be back at the hosp. this morning and he still will not eat anything but oatmeal. Now I not only pray for his health but for strength and patience for me. But we'll do it.
Can you grind up some supplements in his oatmeal so he at least gets more nutrients? I thought he was eating in the hospital, albiet oatmeal too, but thought he was eating other things too. Course not being a dr or Tex don't know about supplements, but if that's ALL he'll eat there should be some way to get the other nutrients in him without force-feeding him. You're a strong woman amiga and you'll get through this especially with all the group prayers XXOO

Old 07-05-2009, 06:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Lacey, what about milkshakes or Ensure? My dad drinks ensure for the last 12years since he had throat cancer surgery and radiation...had a very tough time getting anything down and the habit has since just stuck..he likes it slightly cold, can't handle ice cold stuff...

Just a thought...now what sounds good to him? I don't know what he can and can't eat..how about soft boiled or scrambled eggs with some cheese in them? pasta? even just some noodles with butter?

We take our appetite and ability to eat for granted don't we..

Prayers heading your way!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lacey, what about milkshakes or Ensure? My dad drinks ensure for the last 12years since he had throat cancer surgery and radiation...had a very tough time getting anything down and the habit has since just stuck..he likes it slightly cold, can't handle ice cold stuff...

Just a thought...now what sounds good to him? I don't know what he can and can't eat..how about soft boiled or scrambled eggs with some cheese in them? pasta? even just some noodles with butter?

Hey maybe that would work, Lacey - didn't you say when in hospital he had chocolate shakes?

Old 07-05-2009, 08:06 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
Hey, y'all.

I wrote about our vacation at my blog. Y'all can read about it there if you want to. It's long and probably boring. :-/ I've had better vacations, I'll put it that way, but it wasn't horrible. Just boredom, heat, really sore feet and swollen ankles (hard surfaces everywhere), chores (seriously) and more boredom with a couple bright spots.

I hope y'all are doing well. Oh, and Harrison Ford was my first celebrity crush. I was about 7 and he was in his 30s. Star Wars. Orlando Bloom is my main celebrity crush now (I also like Jude Law, Gerard Way and Marton Csokas), but Harrison Ford will always be special.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Hey, y'all.

I wrote about our vacation at my blog. Y'all can read about it there if you want to. It's long and probably boring. :-/ I've had better vacations, I'll put it that way, but it wasn't horrible. Just boredom, heat, really sore feet and swollen ankles (hard surfaces everywhere), chores (seriously) and more boredom with a couple bright spots.

I hope y'all are doing well. Oh, and Harrison Ford was my first celebrity crush. I was about 7 and he was in his 30s. Star Wars. Orlando Bloom is my main celebrity crush now (I also like Jude Law, Gerard Way and Marton Csokas), but Harrison Ford will always be special.
My gosh, you must be a youngun compared to us! LOL Well here's some eye candy for you too (and I'm ancient and think he's a little cutie)
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:33 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh crap-happy dreams here after that-whew.

Lorrie-it's touch and go, I thought for sure we'd be back at the hosp. this morning and he still will not eat anything but oatmeal. Now I not only pray for his health but for strength and patience for me. But we'll do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Ensure is a great way to get some nutrition in him, also BOOST (same as ensure). They do have some liquid protein called Prosource, not sure if you can buy it over the counter, but you could check.

I'm thinking he is afraid to eat because he doesn't know how his colon is going to react. Poor guy. Continues prayers Lace....for both of you!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Hey C21....how about some eye candy fo rme??? I prefer the likes of Matthew McConaughey!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
lol Thanks, C21.

I'm 36. Do you consider me a youngun? lol

Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 PM

311 posts, read 916,051 times
Default We moved againnnnnn & Eye Candy

DANG, I wish I knew we were going to be playing with eye candy today...woooohooooooo cant leave you girls alone too long and I come back and you are playing with the pretty pictures

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend, lots of good food, relaxing and fireworks! I had a friend over for dinner and it was nice, although he doesnt even in my wildest dreams come close to either HF or Orlando Bloom...sigh.

Had my closing on Thursday , my new bluebirds are sprouting feathers and all is good with the world here in Elkhart.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
hey peeps quick peep in to say hi. Been busy digging thru stuff. Have someone coming tomorrow for some old chairs, plus she wants to see my other 'treasures' I dug out today. Woohoo cleaning house & lightening the load, I am tired of so much crap. Ya ever notice on House Hunters International how much LESS of lot of them live?>?? they maybe on to sumpin

Oh yeah was watching a little bit of Little House on the Prairie, LOL, the episode where mean old Lassiter took over the land & Hero Township. Laura started smacking those windows outta her house, saying she wasn't going to let him have 'em...then they blow up the whole town & buildings and all, so Lassiter don't get it all!!
I guess that is where folks go the idea to tear up the houses they are foreclosing on!!!! Ya think?
Gotta make hubby lunch and I am pooped will catch up tomorrow
Hugs to all
I tired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate