Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
ohhh boy, we got tipsy posting, woohooo!!

C21, ENJOY THE CORONA!!
(You said that's the beer of choice so, here this is for you, but hurry, I think some here want some!!!!!)

Here are some more pics. Here are the smaller versions of the pics.

Let's SAIL!!

Downtown San Diego from our Window:
You're welcome and thanks for the extra corona I've already almost killed a 6 pack and alcohol content much higher than national beers so I'm a bit loopy now - but can always handle another one XX

Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
just sent my tipsy, pity party email so there ya have it. 25 was a big deal and hit me harder than previous years. But, i told it like it is and well, let go and let god, ya know? So . . .
{{{{{{{{ hugs to ya! }}}}}}}}

Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Good morning all. Anyone getting any showings this week? talked to my realtor yesterday about price drop, she had said they had a busy day at office on Monday. Oh, I lost 4 pounds since last week!
C21, how are you feeling this am?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
My agent just called.The lone buyer is walking through again this afternoon.... Wonder if he will bring the same offer. This is the only second showing for one buyer I have had.......

CDC? Did the guy come through for the showing yesterday?????

TEX-- Damn. I didn't know he was married now. Bummer!!!

GT-love the ocean pics.......I want to go to the Caymans in Aug. but well never get our passports in time.....My hub has one but we don't yet!

Stoy-----no showings now a month gone by...Realtor sucks now too...I always seem to win "losers" lottery lol..............

Tambre- how are you girl? Any showings for you???anyone else????

Lacey- glad Mr. L is getting better!! woohoooo!!!

Off to gym with kiddos..... There is a child care area there so I will work out about 75 min...........
Have a great day all!!

We might end up trying to rent our house out eventually..My hub cannot take living here anymore lol.....
We have never rented our own house out...What happens? Do we go through realtor or just craigslist????or local paper?? What is included? Water???

Joy---- how are you feeling this am????

Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
NJ, if you can afford to rent it out and it works financially, i say Do it. You'd still be close enough to drive there if/when needed. I threw out the idea last night for us to rent in Colorado, still keep house on the market empty. We still have family here to check on the house. DH didnt like that idea. Have fun at the gym
Hdzup, how are you??

Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Stoy: On renting and leaving vacant not a good idea. Take it from someone who's been there done that - rented it out and then there was about 1-1 1/2 months is was vacant and kids broke in and vandalized it - the insurance did not cover the damage if it's vacant so DH right about leaving it empty. But, you could always try renting it since you have family close by that could screen them or find a RE brokerage that does a combo of renting while still for sale. We do that here and know there are ones in the States. Just don't leave it vacant and since your eventual goal is to sell.

Off to gym with kiddos..... There is a child care area there so I will work out about 75 min........... my head is spinning just thinking about this
Have a great day all!!

We might end up trying to rent our house out eventually..My hub cannot take living here anymore lol.....
We have never rented our own house out...What happens? Do we go through realtor or just craigslist????or local paper?? What is included? Water???

Hey girl, same as with Stoy - there are brokerages that handle rental/property management and the sales end, so find one that does both so they pre-screen applicants, collect monthly rent and, for added incentive, you and Stoy could both offer 2 different sets of price points to renters: Higher rate if they just pay each month or lower rate if they pre-pay a 6 month lease up front. Works here, so . . . but ya have to pre-screen those guys then make sure they pay so an all-in-one brokerage might create a win/win - i.e. get you both the heck out of Dodge. We put ours on Craig's list too so you can either tell the brokerge to do it or just do it yourself and put realtor contact info for both the rental part and sales.

PS re inclusions, you folks in states have english television - here if we want English channels have to have cable. So, include basic TV service, pay water/trash, basic phone service with block so no LD phone calls and have renters pay electricity and/or gas. The more 'incusions' with rent, the higher rental amount you can command - at least that's how it works here.

Hammy: Wherefore art thou??? We miss you and wondering how you are???

Lacey: How'd the omelets go over with Mr. L?

Joy---- how are you feeling this am????
I am hung-the--over. It was that darn last Corona GF sent me LOL Dear Lord, now I know why I drink local beers and the most I usually have is 3, maybe 4 if it's Saturday, working from home etc. - and I sip them so they last forever. I slammed down so many last night when I sat up in bed thought we were having a tremmor LOL woke up in the morning and looked in the mirror and went

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-08-2009 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Addition about inclusions to rent

Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Wow we were buried again-just posting to bring us back where we belong #1..

Not much going on here under severe weather watch from midnight til tomorrow-eggs again per Mr. L but if I don't geta cheeseburger or pasta soon I''ll croak. Went down another size! Soon I disappear.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow we were buried again-just posting to bring us back where we belong #1..

Not much going on here under severe weather watch from midnight til tomorrow-eggs again per Mr. L but if I don't geta cheeseburger or pasta soon I''ll croak. Went down another size! Soon I disappear.
Yeah, I noticed that too but I was the last poster so . . . Glad Mr. L is at least eating eggs and can't you have a friend go get you a cheesburger since you need to stay with him? Just because he can't eat a lot doesn't mean you should wither away. Eat girl! Take if from someone who doesn't eat a lot and is about the size of a fetus right now LOL

Old 07-08-2009, 05:02 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
C21 I love where I am now-when we moved here almost 4 yrs ago I ate out of depression and gained over 50 lbs-I've now lost 65 by not dieting-just eating right-but Mr. L would always have real food and I had that at dinner and damn I need red meat!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
C21 I love where I am now-when we moved here almost 4 yrs ago I ate out of depression and gained over 50 lbs-I've now lost 65 by not dieting-just eating right-but Mr. L would always have real food and I had that at dinner and damn I need red meat!
See I'm just the opposite - I eat when I'm happy, not stressed etc. when I'm stressed out or depressed I don't eat. Soon Mr. L will be back to eating real food but in the meantime, here's home delivery from Panama

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate