Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:05 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,019 times

Advertisements

Painter, unbelievable...home surgery with an exacto knife to remove a splinter? You are seriously one tough cookie.

Hope everyone has a great 4th. HDL, any good news to report yet?

Here's a poem I ran across. It's a "house blessing". Figure it couldn't hurt to try it.

House Blessing

Touch the lintel and touch the wall,
Nothing but blessings here befall!
Bless the candle that stands by itself,
Bless the book on the mantle shelf,
Bless the pillow for the tired head,
Bless the hearth and the light shed.
Friends who tarry here, let them know
A three fold blessing before they go.
Sleep for weariness - peace for sorrow
Faith in yesterday and tomorrow.
Friends who go from here, let them bear
The blessing of hope, wherever they fare.
Lintel and windows, sill and wall,
Nothing but good, this place befall.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Shell-changed the dressing after he showered and he's still alive!
Those people are so lucky to have you-most of healing comes from the caring nurses out there-all the ones he had were wonderful.

Mr. L's sis and her hub are coming today-they were driving 3 hrs and said they would visit 1/2 hr! I said NO WAY-you cannot come unless you stay over and give us both a diversion so I made mac salad, grabbed a pork loin from the dreezer, baked beans, fruit salad-al I have to do is a beer run for BIL.
HOORAY!! I KNEW you could do it!!! Aaahhh...that sounds fun with your sil/bil...have a nice day. You and Mr.L do need a happy diversion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning, all, HAPPY 4TH!!
my computer is still acting weird since i downloaded internet explorer 8. it disconnects every few minutes. dont know what to do. NJ, my husband loves to pick blueberries and make pies. then we eat the pie in one day. but its a simple recipe. we also go sour cherry picking at a farm near here. i make sour cherry pie. so good! cant wait.

Tex, congrats on 2nd job, dont wear yourself out, though. Cma, prayers still headed your way...
Thanks Stoy! Have you tried rebooting your PC? That might help.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Have fun putzing around, I read in the paper that Palm Springs area is full this weekend. not sure what is bringing normally sane...wait, I take that back, folks to the desert he** hole that's going to be at least 110 for the next few days, except cheap prices. Was thinking about going to a movie but might re think that one.

Need to work on my facebook farm...later campers..
110??? Holy crap...that is hot! NO WAY am I visiting you during summer months!!! Just finished working on my farm over on facebook too!!

Anyone else here on facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!! No plans made here as of yet. DD has to work the 8 pm to 4 am, ds well who knows what he is up to. May take the new neighbors to see the fireworks but.......anyway. You all with the "farms" could come here and work, your dress code may get some attentions but I am sure you would be welcomed! There is plenty to do, and the peas, squash, corn, melons, berries and the pears are ready to pick. Personally I "might" be ready to give up the farm life! Just dont know if I could be sociable enough to live in town with folks right on top of me, oh that doesnt sound right but you know what I mean, right?

Oh Texas, I dug the splinter out with the exacto. Now I know that was not the best way but it worked and I'd say 90% is out with no problemo!
Painter, my "farm" keeps me busy enough--I find myself setting my alarm to get up to "harvest" so my crops don't go bad. WTH is wrong with me???

Well at least the splinter is almost out. Thankfully there is no infection...it was sounding like there might have been one brewing. What an awful place to get a splinter.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Stoy-backdate to a day prior to loading it. Happened to me.

DogMom-pork shoulder, slice and onion-bottom of crock, unseasoned pork shoulder, another sliced onion, 12 oz apple juice. Cook low 12 hrs. Remove meat, onions in sep. bowl, dump liquid. Shred meat, chop onions, put back in crock with a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, cook another 4 hrs.

FYI-I did mine in the oven at 275 for 7 hrs i a dutch oven, shredded added sauce and back in for 2 hrs.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:46 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,497 times
tex, if rebooting means restarting, i did that. otherwise dont know whatcha mean.
lacey, i think i tried that, where you can go back, but it says that a 'day' was never saved.?.
Painter, i would love to join you in picking all that stuff. just for a day. maybe half day, would i get breaks? would need lots of breaks....

Old 07-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Stoy when did you download it? Maybe go to your controls and delete it?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:23 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,492 times
Good mornin' Campers and happy 4th of July!

NJ and Tex, now ya see why I never know what time it is To get my correct time zone on computer, I have to select "Bogata" 'cause that's the one we're in that doesn't change. When I first moved here it was daylight savings time or not yet (that thing always did screw me up), so I set my computer to EST then when it changed I was in the Twilight Zone. Moved here thinking, 'ah finally no more daylight savings time' but then everyone I talk to does so still have to deal with it. My son's in Colorado (MST) so he's now 2 hours behind me until he 'falls back' - I didn't think anyone was ahead of me, but I've just given up trying to figure it out and when calling someone just google 'what time is it in XXXX?' Where's that cranberry drink - I need one now LOL

Stoy & DM, had same problem on one of our computers here with IE but I think it has windows XP - my personal asst in Boquete. was supposed to come with XP but has VISTA. I never use new operating systems until they worked out the kinks, but . . . anyway, I have no frickin' clue what happened and our techs here are so stupid they even tell my assistants not to let windows update itself. I keep trying to explain to them that as MS finds problems, they fix it so updates are important. The one in Bocas I swear never listens so now, of course and again, the computer took a dump. I am not rushing to fix it 'cause last time the tech was there he deleted Norton 360 that I'd just paid like $75 for and told her it was taking up too much space in the computer (instead of telling her, like I had already told her, delete all of your GD music and personal pics) She was on computer for a week with NO virus protection, so I know that's the problem but God forbid p/u phone and let me know???? That's why I usually do the normal maintenance on the computers and amazing; they work just fine. If IE is the ONLY problem you're having, try using a different browser like Mozzilla. If major problems and your computer is set to set 'automatic restore points', then you can go back to B4 problems, and do a restore (just make sure you haven't loaded any new 'software' - your files will be okay, but if you've added new software you'll lose it)

OH DM, I need to try and find it but have something very, very funny about desert life (actually about AZ but think would fit for you too). That's just soooooooooo hot - but hey, at least not a humid hot ya know? Lived in Houston for about 2 1/2 years and dear lord, 93 degrees at 2AM with just as high humidity. Yuckie Poo.

Painter, wish I was there helping ya with your farming. Cold and rainy today and I even have the proper 'farm' clothing including mud boots (though work just fine with cow/horse poop LOL). Next year I might plant a veggie garden if I can keep the neighbors darn chickens out of it. One of the hens has decided she likes my planter box and every morning I find eggs in my flowers - 'course I do give them to my neighbor since they depend on them, well you know . . . but still, find it funny to go to water my flowers in the morning and find eggs.

Lacey, good for you MAKING them stay LOL Will be good for both you and Mr. L - enjoy your 4th and hope Mr. L's spirits are up having family around. Enjoy that cold beer!

Ma, glad you had some good eats and that DD hasn't called - no news can be good news, ya know? Glad she took DGD for a trip so she had fun, 'cause being at the house can't be fun for her. Keeping both of them in my thoughts and prayers XX

Well, guess I've drolled on long enough and need to check emails but I'll pop back in later.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:45 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,497 times
lacey, if i delete it will i be screwed? wouldnt it automatically override ie 7??
C21 im gonna try that restore points again.

ok, i found that restore points thing, and restored it from the time before IE8. I did it!! but had connection problems again. maybe i should call our Internet people.

Last edited by BCG8; 07-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: part 2

Old 07-04-2009, 10:16 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,492 times
Default 4th of July

JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaule decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaule
said he wanted all US Military out of France as soon as possible.

Rusk responded "does that include those who are buried here?

DeGuale did not respond.

You could have heard a pin drop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies.

At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries.
Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English.

He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied, 'Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

You could have heard a pin drop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained,"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."

You could have heard a pin drop.
-------------------------------------------------

God bless the men and women currently serving overseas and the ones who did in the past, some of whom never came home.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Restore to previous date should've worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate