Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
C21, yes, im lucky that i work in a school so i get (paid) summers off. but the downfalls- low pay in an at risk school, and i've been called ugly, fat, stupid, F'in B*** by kids more times than i can count!!! And i don't have the views you have out your window!!!!
Hey Stoy, I worked at a high school for years in the counseling office...I have been called everything in the book, too. I just smile..

I got summers off, but didn't get paid....but I didn't care by the time June rolled around I was READY. I know some teachers unions in SoCal paid teachers year round, they just got less each month...depended on their contract, but we as classified never were offered that..I miss the kids and my friends at work, not the WORK...it was just getting too much with No Child Left Behind and state mandated testing..been gone for 5 years, no regrets there. I have lots of regrets but not as far as retiring goes..

Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Tambre, you dont get paid in the summer? i get the same paycheck the whole year. no, not a teacher, a counselor in the classroom. our first drop this year, 10k, down 60k from last year.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Barb, i smile too, then have to do incident reports. haha. how ya doing today, by the way?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Morning peeps! Been goofing, Either spent the weekend on the yard or on the phone! For some reason my phone number was hot LOL and had some interesting conversation wth fam, friends & neighbors. SO now I am seriously BEEhind. Still dealing with Craigs- gotta call someone about picking up an item later. Need to do some wash. OH, DD to attorney tomorrow a.m.
DGD got pierced ears yesterday she called and said I got earrings! I didn't cry! adn all bystanders were mightly impressed !! LOL
Okay, gotta get cracking

YOU school WORKERS- I don't know How you do or did it- I would be in jail for flipping over my knees and whipping some naughty fanny. Now, I did do some subbing/part time help once upon a time, but it was a private school that tolerated no nonsense and had a high parental involvement, so it made staffs jobs a lot easier. I really commend those of you that can 'teach' nowadays given the often hostile environment you must work in!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hi Stoy, yeah smile, I had to write a couple of incidents...made me happy to do it, both times I was on my last nerve and those kids just snapped it!

I am ok, kind of going around in circles here...then we have some drama going on with our mobile home in WA..we are not there now so of course it's empty. We have our ford pickup there and were not planning to head back up to the fall...but the idiot buttwipe landlord calls this morning, one of the 'neighbor' complained to him that someone was in our carport fighting with a dog. What! Well its probably the same neighbor I have had issues with if you go back a couple months...one of them is a chronic complainer, the other one next door thinks my husband needs anger management. Anyway, we are not there so Carl gets on the phone to my uncle, who lives across the drive from us up there...he is talking to my uncle and the cell phone rings again..its the as*wipe landlord, now someone is driving around in our truck. Mind you the landlord lives near Seattle so he is not on site. So someone is calling him getting him all riled up.

Ok so no one is in our place, we are gone and now someone is drifving our truck. The only one we can think of is my cousin's son who is staying with my uncle, her dad..who lives across from us. Maybe the cousin's son is staying at our place. Well no one asked us..yeah its empty, we still have our furn and stuff there, but then the bad thing is he is on probabation, he doesnt hang with the 'best' crowd, and we have a couple guns up there...they are locked up, but still..so...tried to call my cousin but have not gotten in touch with her. Its possible she did not know her son was at our place. And he has a dog too, so if thats the case, its just not good.

Waiting to hear back from anyone, we will probably be making a trip up there sooner than lter, I still have things there I need to bring down, and I want to put it up for sale. Its just and added expense for us everymonth and I dont need the DRAMA..

Aaargh..I already took half a xanax and now i am going to go take a nap..one of the doglets got ME up at 4:30..I am beat and jusst a little mad..

later campers!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Hey, y'all!

Hope you're all doing well.

DH got home from Canada yesterday, safe and sound. Hopefully he won't be sent anywhere this week.

I haven't been up to much. Just cleaning and doing lots of laundry. I think I've basically reached the bottom of the laundry pile now. For now.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tambre, you dont get paid in the summer? i get the same paycheck the whole year. no, not a teacher, a counselor in the classroom. our first drop this year, 10k, down 60k from last year.

Hi Stoy,

I am a peon Hourly salaried...Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. This year I went contract, but previously was an employee of a district...no sick time, no snow days, no vacation pay, no retirement...only paid for the hours worked. It really pisses me off, 'cause I pay high school property taxes to our school district so everyone else can have benefits, sick days, etc., but never qualified for them...they always kept us part time (32 hours). Also, very bad working conditions...such as on the stage, small room next to the gym with no ventilation, music blarring on and off, next to the cafeteria with the door open (noise so loud you couldn't hear someone on the phone.) Anyway, I work with a special ed. population, but they are K-5 and even though they are from a disadvantaged background (head lice, dirty clothes, stinky shoes,) they are mostly sweet kids. Phew, thanks for listening.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
I'm back from camping and sunburned so bad, I look like a lobster. Whew -- 13 pages to read and respond to....here goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
okay - here is a possible scenario-
What would you think about a young mom with young child, driving by themselves, almost coast to coast-about 2700 miles?

pick an answer-
A- so, what is the big deal?

B- Wouldn't it be better if another willing adult could make the trip too? Or even 2 others could split the trip?

C- hell no, the mom is insane

D- hell no, 'cuz the grands will pitch a hissy

E- hell no, there are too many weirdos out on the road

or make up your own answer
C'ma, I chose B--especially since your DD is already stressed out over recent events and really could use an "adult" to talk to during the long drive. Why is she not coming to your place? Does she have support in GA? Continued prayers for her and your DGD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Crazyma, it would do her the world of good having you there as a support. How about the legal end of things?
Tambre....I was wondering the same....can your daughter legally leave the state with your DGD, C'ma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, that was a crummy night's sleep. Carl didn't sleep either, I think Halo digging under the fence shook us both up more than we thought I guess..need to find me a doggy door. TODAY.

I feel bad for the younger son, he is a correctional officer for the late, great state of CA. Another furlough day on the way, he is down to 3 furlough days a week. Morale is bad. I don't know how CA is going to get out of this. I just hate to see my son worry like I do. What a mess...Plus my daughter in law just finished her teaching credential, no jobs.

Guess what I am asking for is prayers for these two...they are both stressed out, she is applying for any kind of job, there is just nothing out there..

Thanks campers, you are the best...
Prayers for both of them Barb. Also, hope you have your doggie door installed by now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Morning campers!!
Well the bank decided to go with an all cash offer. Kept me waiting for two weeks for nothing oh well. They said, they'll keep my offer as a back-up. (Not sure how an all cash offer can go wrong, but you never know. Yet, I'm moving on and looking for other houses. Here we go again!)
I'm kind of sad now.
GF....somewhere there is a house just for you. You will find it--keep the faith girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hey ...posting stuff on Craigs, pop on here
Barb- we just got some of those contour pillows, seem to be working pretty good.Got one for hubby that has some extra foamy crap good for peeps that get hot. Theonly thing is had to let them air out a couple of days, had a funky odor that has abated.
Yes those contour pillows are great...but you do have to air them out because mine had a funky odor as well!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Oh, and I want a new camero for my Bday black and gold though to keep up with the whole C21 theme Aaaahhhh....those are Pittsburgh's colors--black and gold!!

NJ, is bro still doin' good with PT? and how is SIL - has she, um, reduced any????Did you mean my brother and SIL?!?! Bro is ok....Sil---can never question bro about it because she is always around when I call!!

Tex, how's it hangin'? New job starts next week so better get your beauty sleep 'cause that's gonna be a lot of hours!I'm doing great. I had orientation today. On Friday I am going to do my tracheostomy and ventilator testing for them, then I should be good to go to start working in homes. I am going to start with the adult population and then train later for pediatrics which is fine by me.

Might be Friday night but still not feeling quite up to par, and no not from the tons of Corona the other night - just weird; only way I can explain it. Sooooooo I'll probably turn in early again and try and shake whatever the heck this is. Dizzy and just weird. I don't know, maybe I had too many of my weekly allowance of
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
PS>>>>My dd dumped her boytoy!!
WOO HOO!!! What happened?? What made her decide to dump him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Crazyma and fellow campers -- I (think -- on the 20th, I'll know for sure) -- I sold my house!! I took a HUGE financial hit, but I got enough to pay off my huge mortgage, and a little bit to get a mortgage on a mobile home. Instead of repeating everything I said on our "Women Retiring Alone" thread, I'm pasting the posts from there. I will check back later, but wanted to let you know I'm in the last part of my horrible anxiety over this. As you read the posts, you will see the strange twists of fate -- it turned out, because I got so little profit -- to be a good twist, but a very unexpected twist. Phew.....just six more weeks, and I should be in my new place as long as all goes well.
This is great news Wisteria!! Congratulations!
Quote:
Joy, This dizzy morning thing isnt for just blonds its for brunetts too! I have been having the exact same thing for the past week, and it lasts about 15-20 mins. Thursday it stayed on most of the day and ended up giving me a headache, now it is gone. Was told once before it is "horizontal vertigo", which made me laugh, well the horizontal part anyway. The last time this crap hit was a year or so ago and now it is back. If I am gonna stagger I want a dang good reason for it! Oh and if I turned my head to the left the room would spin, you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Don't know, girl. Never had anything like this except when I had an ear infection, but then it didn't just 'go away' or ease up during the day. While I felt weird yesterday - again, can't explain it, just weird - I put in a full day of work, albiet from home, wasn't dizzy when I went to bed, just felt strange. Slept straight through the night, then sat up in bed and went 'here we go again'. Anyway, I'll see how I feel by Monday. I hardly ever, ever get sick, unless I've eaten something that doesn't agree with me, so not sure what's happening.
Sounds to me like you both have some sort of inner ear problem going on. That can wreak havoc on one's equilibrium.
Quote:
Well all I would glad to take some of the 70s-80s from you in trade for these 90-105s! This is one of the more stupid stunts for me but since it isnt all that hot today, lol, I decided to work on the so called pool in my yard for a couple of hours. Barefooted it out there on that concrete and now the bottoms of my feet are swollen and red, yep concrete burn! But hey my pool looks awhole lot better and maybe I will get to actually use it soon. also went and stained out 6 doors and cut something like 20 foam circles for a design I am doing in the little girls room. She wanted bubbles on her walls so I am cutting bubbles! the folks gave me free reign on the girls so I am gonna have fun with it. One is butterflies with the bubbles and the other is princess and sandcastles, as requested! Gotta love little girls and their ideas of design, lol.....
I would LOVE to see pics when you are done doing the girls rooms!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
BTW went to the drugstore to pick up my pills and my BP was 70 over 45.
Are you on any medication for HYPOtension? You probably should be....you probably fell because you BP was so low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Hey, y'all.

DH got home from Canada yesterday, safe and sound. Hopefully he won't be sent anywhere this week.
Hi Niki! Glad to hear DH is home for a week with you and the kids. ENJOY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Anyway, I work with a special ed. population, but they are K-5 and even though they are from a disadvantaged background (head lice, dirty clothes, stinky shoes,) they are mostly sweet kids. Phew, thanks for listening.
Tambre, it takes a special person to work with that type of population. Hats off to you girl.

BARB: Sounds like the best thing to do is to sell the home in WA. The NERVE of your cousin! How did he get keys to your home and your truck? You just do NOT need that sort of stress right now.
HDL: So nice to hear from you!
Hammy: Hope everything is ok with you and the new life growing within you! I hope you GTT went well.
Judy P: Saying prayers for you and anything that is troubling you. I know you were having some difficulties and I hope everything has worked out ok for you. We all are thinking of you and praying for you as well.

SISTER NJ!! : What's up girl...got your message...will reply back later today. It took me over 2 hrs to read up on these threads and catch up. I think I need a nap right now!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Yeah Texas "Red" has returned from the wilds of camping.

Hey all Mr. L asked for his favorite casserole! He's off BP meds for now as his pressure was low and the doc decided to see what happens-I have a top of the line BP machine here so I will check 2x a day. (Mr. L said make it small but I can't cook small I did my best but there's still enough for 4.)

It would be great to be off all meds-I finally am due to the weight loss (lost another 10 since he's been sick).

Old 07-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Lace!! I want to be on the same diet as you!! I told you Mr.L's appetite would return!! Hip hip hooray!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate