Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM

75 posts, read 308,093 times

Advertisements

I will leave a card a if I see others left theres in the home...then I usually will follow suit.

I don't really like other agents leaving cards at my listings. I always have felt its a little bit of self advertising to someone elses client. I will tell my seller what company is showing it and who the broker is.

We have a an agent in the area who sprinkles his cards around the houses like they're easter eggs...Kitchen drawers, closets, mailboxes, attics, etc...he gets accomnpanied showings when he shows one of our office listings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:48 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Yes, this is why it's reassuring. I've had times when my whole family...there are five of us, have had to leave for showings, and then all returned, only to find out by seeing the agent pull down the driveway that they were running late, and all five of us had to get back in our separate cars, and once again leave to be polite/respectful of the buyer's privacy for a showing. So if there's no card, you don't know if the agent is running late, or the appointment has been cancelled, or if it's a no show. There was one time when I went out for 2 hours, came back and there was no card, so I went out for another 2 hours, came back and guessed that it was a "no show" and started making dinner...then they showed up, and back in the car with the 2 dogs I went.
AMEN TAMBRE. It is so frustrating.
Quote:
Me as a seller wanted to see the cards too. It showed me which agent was there and if they showed up...it is just something that is normal in this business and I wouldn't mind if there wasn't a card but at least a notice left for the listing agent that some one had been at the house.

Some agents don't come on time and if you see the card you know at least that the agent isn't coming an hour later or maybe 2 hours later....

Some agents didn't lock the doors or turned the lights off and I knew who they were...if it happened more than once I told my agent I don't want any showings from that agent....!

If you come in some ones home you can at least respect the sellers home and turn off the lights and lock the doors!

I had always 2 stacks...one with the agents who didn't care that they came into some one else his house and one that are very respectful ....so later when I need a new listing agent I know from which stack I want call and from which stack I will never call!...no card, no name , no call
THANK YOU BENTLEBEE! Reps to you...

Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

15,617 posts, read 40,604,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I had always 2 stacks...one with the agents who didn't care that they came into some one else his house and one that are very respectful ....so later when I need a new listing agent I know from which stack I want call and from which stack I will never call!...no card, no name , no call
You know not too long ago, I closed a listing. The seller had already left the state and I looked in the drawers to confirm that the extra keys and garage door opener were there. There were also all of the real estate cards there. She had written notes about agents such as RUDE!!!!, JERK!!!! etc.

It was interesting to see her impressions of these agents.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,921,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post

I show 200-300 houses a week on average.
WoW !

My entire office, more than 100 agents, is not showing 200-300 homes, a week. I do not think there are 200-300 showings a week in my entire zip code ( 100 square miles) , where there remains substantially more agents than homes for sale, even in this market.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,611,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
WoW !

My entire office, more than 100 agents, is not showing 200-300 homes, a week. I do not think there are 200-300 showings a week in my entire zip code ( 100 square miles) , where there remains substantially more agents than homes for sale, even in this market.
Hmmpff, that does seem astronomically high ^^^^^ (showing 200-300 homes a week)
a little white lie perhaps?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 AM

27,223 posts, read 46,900,430 times
100-200 showings a week....I guess you can compare that to the doctor that filed claims with ins. companies for 932 treatments he gave in one day.....

Wouldn't the business be different without people like that....just keep it real!

(just do the counting...if you have to drive from one home to another for 100 homes....or the whole appartment complex must be for sale)....btw how many closing in one week D

Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 AM

800 posts, read 3,094,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hmmpff, that does seem astronomically high ^^^^^ (showing 200-300 homes a week)
a little white lie perhaps?

I wrote six contracts last week, and 4 other offers that are under negotiations, and got 4 offers on listings.

I showed a family of 31 from Canada over 20 houses Wednesday morning alone, then a family of 4 22 house after 1pm. Result 3 contracts in one day. Our market area is hot in three particular neighborhoods. I have not had a day off since July 5, fyi. You work when the customers want to see houses if you want to make money. We have another agent that is working equally as hard with showings and she is earning a ton of money. Our other agents are not showing as many houses in a month combined as I showed that one day.

I have been up organizing the day and working since 5am, had coffee and breakfast with hubby at 7, back to work by 7:45, leaving at 9, showing 40-52 homes today to three different parties, one at 9:30, one at 1pm, another at 6pm. The reason I can't pin down the exact number, 12 agents have not put showing instructions in the MLS or returned calls for showing instructions/appointments. If they call, I'll show, if not, oh well. Come walk in my shoes one day and decide if it's a white lie or not.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I wrote six contracts last week, and 4 other offers that are under negotiations, and got 4 offers on listings.

I showed a family of 31 from Canada over 20 houses Wednesday morning alone, then a family of 4 22 house after 1pm. Result 3 contracts in one day. Our market area is hot in three particular neighborhoods. I have not had a day off since July 5, fyi. You work when the customers want to see houses if you want to make money. We have another agent that is working equally as hard with showings and she is earning a ton of money. Our other agents are not showing as many houses in a month combined as I showed that one day.

I have been up organizing the day and working since 5am, had coffee and breakfast with hubby at 7, back to work by 7:45, leaving at 9, showing 40-52 homes today to three different parties, one at 9:30, one at 1pm, another at 6pm. The reason I can't pin down the exact number, 12 agents have not put showing instructions in the MLS or returned calls for showing instructions/appointments. If they call, I'll show, if not, oh well. Come walk in my shoes one day and decide if it's a white lie or not.
Wow, you most be wonder woman or super man...and even has time and energy to write on a forum while you could show more homes....are you for real?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM

If you show 4 houses per hour that means 8 straight hours to get to 32 homes....so you probable spend less than 15 min. per home incl. discussing the home, opening the locks, etc...I wonder how the clients can even remember that amount of homes....

Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Just out of curiosity I checked all your posts since July 5th...that you posted on this forum. I guess you do more on the internet than just posting and first have to read another post before posting something. I came aproxx. to 54 posts all in your name....since July 5th, the day you mentioned was the last day you had a day off. Only yesterday you posted like 10 posts. (spread out over several hours)Don't get me wrong you are free to be on this great forum as much as anybody else, but don't claim you are so busy showing so many homes and writing contracts as you stated. Do you really think every one is so stupid and will buy any crap that is told on the internet....I hope you believe it your self, in that case you have one person who believes it and by the way to be honest it is really sad...I came across so many bad lying realtors in Florida and now this again from a person claiming to be in Florida...what is wrong with the real estate business over here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate