Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times

Advertisements

I had a showing today and the clients needed a 2-3 hr. window .... and I come home and have no card left by the agent..... We as sellers have make sure the house is spotless and not even common courtesy to leave a card. Just show me you were here! It would be appreciative!

Any other sellers go through this?

Realtors out there? do you leave business cards??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
I always leave a business card size thank you note.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I had a showing today and the clients needed a 2-3 hr. window .... and I come home and have no card left by the agent..... We as sellers have make sure the house is spotless and not even common courtesy to leave a card. Just show me you were here! It would be appreciative!

Any other sellers go through this?

Realtors out there? do you leave business cards??
They are supposed to! My house is for sale and so far every realtor has left a card. I'd be ticked too if they didn't - I work from home and want to be able to get back in as soon as possible.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:46 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
Those things aren't free.

If you have a nice obvious registry and the real estate agent did not sign it that is sorta thoughtless, but sometimes they are in a hurry and forget. Of course the folks could have pulled up done the "we hate it"and the agent had no chance to even go inside.

You can send an email to 'em, that is cheaper...

Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM

15,574 posts, read 40,421,118 times
Yes typically we leave business cards, but I have run out of cards in the middle of a string of showings before, not realizing I was low on them. So the last few showings didn't get one.

And I have forgotten. Sometimes I get distracted because a dog is in the house and I'm occupied keeping the dog busy. Sometimes a buyer walks in and out fast so we don't make it too far into the house. Sometimes the home smells bad so we hightail it out of the house...

There are a myriad of reasons why a business card might not be there. That's why the supra/sentilock boxes are nice. Agents can just look-up and confirm the showing occurred.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Those things aren't free.

If you have a nice obvious registry and the real estate agent did not sign it that is sorta thoughtless, but sometimes they are in a hurry and forget. Of course the folks could have pulled up done the "we hate it"and the agent had no chance to even go inside.

You can send an email to 'em, that is cheaper...
Are you serious? Neither is the commission on my house FREE!!

Quote:
They are supposed to! My house is for sale and so far every realtor has left a card. I'd be ticked too if they didn't - I work from home and want to be able to get back in as soon as possible.
Loves, thank you! That is what I would think!! That is the least they could do!

Quote:
I always leave a business card size thank you note.
Middle-agedmom- that doesn't surprise me because you always have informative answers to questions on threads and are very helpful. TY!

Quote:
Yes typically we leave business cards, but I have run out of cards in the middle of a string of showings before, not realizing I was low on them. So the last few showings didn't get one.

And I have forgotten. Sometimes I get distracted because a dog is in the house and I'm occupied keeping the dog busy. Sometimes a buyer walks in and out fast so we don't make it too far into the house. Sometimes the home smells bad so we hightail it out of the house...

There are a myriad of reasons why a business card might not be there. That's why the supra/sentilock boxes are nice. Agents can just look-up and confirm the showing occurred.
Silver- I understand people forget, seriously but I'd say this is the 3rd time..I am anal about any house smells, house is spotless and keep it neat........I wipe out sinks in case there even a single drop of water in it LOL....I am sure some people may not like it but I have hated homes and our realtors have still left cards........thank you for replying!

Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM

948 posts, read 2,791,376 times
They can and should leave a card. Although it is unfortunate when they don't, it is not worth stressing out over as it is in the past and can not be changed. Mistakes will occur as perfection does not exist. Most people work for a living and anyone that says they always do their job to perfection I suspect would not be an enjoyable person to ride around in the car with for two months looking at houses.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:09 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
I sorta meant the "cards are not free" to be a backwards jab at notoriously tigthfisted real estate agents.

In a technical sense the commision ain't gonna go to some poor slob whose clients did not want to go inside or so hurriedly wanted to leave that the agent did not get a chance to sign a registry.

Maybe a web cam would be helpful to have in a house to let you know if / how long they stayed...

Lorex DMC-2161 Indoor/Outdoor Color Web Camera with Night Vision - DCM-2161 - Buy.com

Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Are you serious? Neither is the commission on my house FREE!!
Ain't that the truth!!!!
Our RE company used a one hour window. We had one showing that resulted in a sale.
They didn't leave a card either but I can't complain.
On the other hand you can and I understand your frustration NJ!!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,306,022 times
I always try to leave a note on the back of my card, but like Silverfall, I think I may have forgotten to do so once or twice. Thanks for the reminder though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate