Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am going to start this one..we got shut down, but we knew it was coming!

Will try to contact those I have email for, hoping to get campers back on board.

This is a FRIENDLY board, no bashing allowed...

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 AM

Default pic of the day

I saw this on a blog and had to share

Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times
Loved the sign! LOL Too funny. Well, we knew a new Camp was coming 'cause we're just so darn popular Hope things good in your neck of the woods (or rather desert). Been god awful busy so haven't been around the Camp in a day or two but hopefully back tonight. Enjoy that house and I'm sure everyone will find the new Camp XXOO

Old 06-25-2009, 10:22 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,029 times
I found Camp #5! I'm having another Open House on Sunday -- mostly for my realtor to network with other realtors. I, sadly, took a walk in the neighborhood, and did not realize all the foreclosures that are about to flood the market! I was in shock -- there were red signs on the doors, lawns unkempt, junk all over....if I can't get rid of this house this year, it looks like it will be years before I can move. I'm getting really stressed over it.

My weekend will consist of mowing, pruning, cutting weeds, raking, washing, cleaning...you know the drill! Then the dog goes into the car on Sunday, and I think I will stick around this Open House to point out different things around the property. I'm pooped. Every morning before work I dust and clean, and get everything set up....just in case a phone call comes in to have a buyer look.....Why doesn't that phone ring??

I'm reading the posts here but not a lot of time to post, myself. What a crazy camp this is!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Wisteria, glad you found camp #5! Hang in there, it's not just your property, its just BAD. Most of the homes down here in our neck of the woods are short sales or foreclosures, hard to compete with that. But it just takes tht one buyer. Maybe that one buyer will come upon your place this weekend.

Joy, its good to be busy, believe me..

I am doing an online webinar in a little bit through my creative memoreis consultant. never done that before, its free and only lasts an hour. i have my computer here, thats it...all my scrapping stuff is out in that garage somewhere. I can tell this is going to be a really slow go putting things away. well a box at a time i guess.

later campers..

Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,654 times
thanks for the compliments about the dress, i'll also wear it for a wedding in early september. there wont be any of the same guests from the wedding this sunday. who cares anyways.
Well i took up trail running this am!!! long story short, i went hiking on the AT (appalachian tr) this am. i dont hike alone like i used to, seen too many bears over the years. but this am i didnt want my fear to get the best of me. i planned on a 4 mile hike, no biggie, kept my eyes and ears open. got about 3 miles thru, on the home stretch when my dog stopped and picked up her nose. we were on small hill. i knew right away. saw a mother bear and one cub on the trail up ahead. i said F--- and ducked. picked my head up and i see her facing us, walking slowly towards us. (well maybe not slowly but i'd prefer to think that!) i take a couple of steps back with my dog close to me, turn around and run! i know you're not supposed to run from bears but there was no way i was gonna yell at it and try to make myself look bigger and scare it away. not a mother bear and not when i was downhill. i now had to backtrack the 3 miles i just came, terrified of another bear encounter! i think i am done hiking by myself for awhile!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,654 times
Barb, i love pics like that!
Wisteria good luck on your open house!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks for the compliments about the dress, i'll also wear it for a wedding in early september. there wont be any of the same guests from the wedding this sunday. who cares anyways.
Well i took up trail running this am!!! long story short, i went hiking on the AT (appalachian tr) this am. i dont hike alone like i used to, seen too many bears over the years. but this am i didnt want my fear to get the best of me. i planned on a 4 mile hike, no biggie, kept my eyes and ears open. got about 3 miles thru, on the home stretch when my dog stopped and picked up her nose. we were on small hill. i knew right away. saw a mother bear and one cub on the trail up ahead. i said F--- and ducked. picked my head up and i see her facing us, walking slowly towards us. (well maybe not slowly but i'd prefer to think that!) i take a couple of steps back with my dog close to me, turn around and run! i know you're not supposed to run from bears but there was no way i was gonna yell at it and try to make myself look bigger and scare it away. not a mother bear and not when i was downhill. i now had to backtrack the 3 miles i just came, terrified of another bear encounter! i think i am done hiking by myself for awhile!
Oh good grief Stoy..between you and painter, bears, bulls, moose, elk, whatever....i think it probably not a good idea to hike alone...i never used to think too much about that stuff when I was younger, but now that I am old and feeble, well I can't run and too big to hide, lol

Oh I need to get at these boxes and my heart is not in it. I don't know where to put anything, I am overwhelmed again..

Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,271 times
Default Hi

Thanks Barb for starting #5. I would be lost without you guys. I am sure the regulars will find us since it is THE CRAZY CAMP. Right.

Hi C21, Stoy and wisteria

Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,271 times
Default So Sad

I am so sad that Farrah Fawcett died. I first remember her when she had a guest role on McMillan and Wife and i saw her hair style. The next day I went to my beauty shop and asked my girl if she had seen it. She said no but I told her how she wore her hair and she did mine almost like hers. I wore my hair like that for so many years.
I didn't know that her sister died from cancer at 61 and her mom died from cancer also.
I never cared for Charlie's Angels but loved Farrah in The Burning Bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate