Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 01:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

Sara, enjoy your trip!
Tambre, love your property!! how serene and beautiful! bet you see lots of stars at night?!
Painter, FOG, how are you today?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM

hmm... quiet around here, must be good weather else where!! cloudy and snowing all day, just stopped. only an inch or 2 and already melting. would like to visit my sis in phoenix this week but sent my resume out and got a response the same day about them being in touch this week. dont want to mess it up and not be around for a potential interview. 70 degrees and sunny will just have to wait

Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Hi Stoy, Sound like you may have a interview! Good Luck and hope that it works out for you....

I am in a tizzy and trying real hard to contain my temper right now....agent wants me to drop price another 20k. But I can not see how the comps she is sending compare to me! Smaller houses, no pool or barn and less land! And they are priced at the same as mine.........pissy market!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Sorry Painter, guess she's doing what is expected. difficult since you have a unique yet gorgeous house and property and doesnt compare to anything else.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM

That is the thing....yet I am either priced with the comps or lower which gives anyone looking more than the others offer. The biggest thing I think is age, competeting with newer but there are only a couple of those sitting on empty fields. If I hear Price, location location one more time I Will SCREAM!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
hmm... quiet around here, must be good weather else where!! cloudy and snowing all day, just stopped. only an inch or 2 and already melting. would like to visit my sis in phoenix this week but sent my resume out and got a response the same day about them being in touch this week. dont want to mess it up and not be around for a potential interview. 70 degrees and sunny will just have to wait
Good luck with the interview. Hope they call you soon, and it's everything you're looking for. By the way, yes, it's great for star gazing here, but nothing compared to the Rockies. Glad to hear that the snow melted quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
That is the thing....yet I am either priced with the comps or lower which gives anyone looking more than the others offer. The biggest thing I think is age, competeting with newer but there are only a couple of those sitting on empty fields. If I hear Price, location location one more time I Will SCREAM!
Have you been getting hits on your listing? Any showings? How's your DIL feeling? Did she have a baby shower yet? Pretty exciting time for your son and her.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:02 AM

Hey Tambre! Are you still filling up that pretty new barn? Is it gonna be big enough, lol ?
Since I have been "expired" on the horse site,,,,no hits or showings.
DIL is doing fine, she is starting to dialate and the baby is in position....any time now. She had the baby shower a couple of weeks ago, guess it was a success. I did not go, I know I know, it was held at her mothers house...eeeekkkkkssss!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Hey Tambre! Are you still filling up that pretty new barn? Is it gonna be big enough, lol ?
Since I have been "expired" on the horse site,,,,no hits or showings.
DIL is doing fine, she is starting to dialate and the baby is in position....any time now. She had the baby shower a couple of weeks ago, guess it was a success. I did not go, I know I know, it was held at her mothers house...eeeekkkkkssss!
The barn still has room! DH had it built with scissor trusses, and another 16 feet with full ceiling space, so he can build a loft for extra storage We actually have room in our one big living room now. DH cleaned it up really nicely while I was at work. What a guy He's making a turkey dinner, and invited the neighbors. Our first dinner party, lol. Guess your son's MIL is a piece of work. That's exciting that your DIL is already dialating. How big do they think the baby is going to be?

Stoy, what's the latest? Hi to everyone else.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Definately a Thanksgiving dinner! Hoping you make great friends while breaking bread!
Piece of work is putting it mildly, lol....don't want to even start. Three weeks ago they estimated that she was already over 7 lbs, so my guess is around 10lbs. or better! They told her that a baby gains up to 2lb a week in the last month, which would put her over 15lbs with the 6 weeks remaining at that time, lol......she is very very worried. My son was at 9lbs and was 24" long, big babies run in this family.

Last edited by the painter; 03-09-2010 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: math

Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Definately a Thanksgiving dinner! Hoping you make great friends while breaking bread!
Piece of work is putting it mildly, lol....don't want to even start. Three weeks ago they estimated that she was already over 7 lbs, so my guess is around 10lbs. or better! They told her that a baby gains up to 2lb a week in the last month, which would put her over 15lbs with the 6 weeks remaining at that time, lol......she is very very worried. My son was at 9lbs and was 24" long, big babies run in this family.
Your son was a big baby, wow! OMG, I have never heard of a baby being 24" long! Had a C-section with my twins at 39 weeks, and my daughter weighed 7lbs, and my son weighed 7.9 1/2. Think that having a 15 lb all in one little baby is a different birthing experience (ouch!). Did your DIL take Lamaze? I'm not sure they even offer that anymore. My first daughter was a natural birth...no pain meds, born 15 minutes after we got to the hospital. She was 8lbs/3oz. There was meconium in the fluid, but luckily she didn't aspirate it. She was at least two weeks overdue, and was very peely and wrinkly...not to mention the cone head. Of course, I thought she was absolutely beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate