Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,152,017 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We're selling our house with one acre, and then the other three acres to our neighbor....so our attorney is calling it two closings, which I guess it is, even though they are happening simultaneously. He won't cut us a break either. $975, for each closing. We're really paying for peace of mind and protection on the land sale...it involves the pseudo attorney as a business partner to our nice neighbors we are selling the land to. This way we know it's done correctly and legally. Sucks money-wise though.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,054,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi,

We're selling our house with one acre, and then the other three acres to our neighbor....so our attorney is calling it two closings, which I guess it is, even though they are happening simultaneously. He won't cut us a break either. $975, for each closing. We're really paying for peace of mind and protection on the land sale...it involves the pseudo attorney as a business partner to our nice neighbors we are selling the land to. This way we know it's done correctly and legally. Sucks money-wise though.
Ah yes, the "pseudo attorney". You had a pseudo attorney, I had a pseudo husband (who is an attorneylol). Anyway, yeah guess it is technically 2 closings though shame costing you more money. Could have cut ya a small break since he's handling both closings, but . . . at least you know everything being done right and the one with neighbors was CF so a lot to say for peace of mind. Just glad it's almost over!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,012 times
Hey campers, getting ready to head into town for haircut..I am tired already but gotta go..my mom is going, I love her but she wears me out. I need to get to the market and get some groceries in but I don't even know what I want to buy or cook..so that's another day, I guess. I just have no energy.

Painter, glad DD is feeling better, I guess I missed the post about her with the flu...I had a couple days with that migraine and feeling icky I must have missed a couple posts..

Well need to get ready to go...Oh DP got home fine, was tired and he was in bed by 10 p.m. now he is out unloading some of the 'stuff'. Egads..the nightmare continues, lol...

later campers.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shel, hope you're sleeping soundly and Sir Watson being the good boy he can be - ah, babies LOL they're so much fun, as Misty is climbing up my leg while I'm typing. She knocked over a full beer last night getting somewhere she shouldn't! THANK GOD i had had the foresight to roll up my big living room rug so was easy to clean up.

I'll check in later girls! I'm so psyched about internet and electricty no water didn't really even phase me - fortuntely my coffee maker boils the water so I could have coffee LOL you all should have seen me out in my front yard, torn jammie bottoms getting water out of the spicket. I've definitely gone Panamanian LOL
He was good today---not going during the night...was in his "area" from 12 am--8:30 am. There was no signs of pee or poo in his cage. He usually pees during the night. So when I took him outside, he peed for a LONG time, then he pooed. I can't believe he held it that long. He alerted me each time today (twice) when he had to go outside to potty. He barked at me incessantly while I was typing on the PC earlier...took him outside and he went! Then just now, I was napping on the couch and he jumped up and started licking my hand. When I moved that hand he licked the other one until I woke up...took him outside and he went pee again!!!!

LOL!! I am picturing you out there trying to squeeze the last drop of water from the hose!! Too funny! You still have not DM'ed me the EXACT way to write your address so something gets to you way down there in paradise.
Quote:
Hi,

OK...gotcha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, getting ready to head into town for haircut..I am tired already but gotta go..my mom is going, I love her but she wears me out. I need to get to the market and get some groceries in but I don't even know what I want to buy or cook..so that's another day, I guess. I just have no energy.

Well need to get ready to go...Oh DP got home fine, was tired and he was in bed by 10 p.m. now he is out unloading some of the 'stuff'. Egads..the nightmare continues, lol...
Glad Carl made it home safely. Make sure you buy ingredients to make those pumpkin choc chip cookies! I want to know if they are worth making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Thanks for the concern for my dd. Her fever is gone but the congestion is horrible and now she has a sore throat, sounds like a cranky old man, lol. She is so irritable, if she wasn't sick I would have to slap her a good one! I make a good nurse for about 2 days and then it is so over. Either way she is home bound for another day or so. No work or classes so she is upset about that too. Never misses class and loves her paycheck.

Tambre, HOW can you PAY for 2 closings on one house? Or is your attny making you pay for being at the closing 2 seperate times? And yea all attnys think they are ROYALTY!
Well, glad to hear the fever is gone. Tell her to take Nightime Theraflu--will help immensely with the congestion and sore throat! I swear by that stuff! Would you like to borrow my nurses cap? I still have it!!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,152,017 times
Quote:
I had a pseudo husband (who is an attorneylol).
Plagarized you on the pseudo. Is your water back on yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, getting ready to head into town for haircut..I am tired already but gotta go..my mom is going, I love her but she wears me out.

God bless the older generation. They have more energy than all of us put together. Hope your haircut turns out fantastically.

Painter, glad DD is feeling better, I guess I missed the post about her with the flu...I had a couple days with that migraine and feeling icky I must have missed a couple posts..

Oh, she had the flu? That'll knock your socks off for awhile. Hope she's not missing too much school work, and she's feeling better soon. Dogmom, hope you can get to the bottom of what's going on with you. Is that all due to the fibromyalga? (sorry about spelling)
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
He was good today---not going during the night...was in his "area" from 12 am--8:30 am. There was no signs of pee or poo in his cage. He usually pees during the night. So when I took him outside, he peed for a LONG time, then he pooed. I can't believe he held it that long. He alerted me each time today (twice) when he had to go outside to potty. He barked at me incessantly while I was typing on the PC earlier...took him outside and he went! Then just now, I was napping on the couch and he jumped up and started licking my hand. When I moved that hand he licked the other one until I woke up...took him outside and he went pee again!!!!

By Jove I think he's got it.

Well, glad to hear the fever is gone. Tell her to take Nightime Theraflu--will help immensely with the congestion and sore throat! I swear by that stuff! Would you like to borrow my nurses cap? I still have it!!
So did you get your flu vaccine yet Shelly? Being a nurse has got to be the hardest job in the world.

Lacey, Roth, NJ, Stoy, Lorrie, Nikki, Jodyrose, and everyone else, hope you're having a good one.

Last edited by tambre; 11-04-2009 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: spelled flu like the chimney...flue

Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:

GOOD BOY SIR WATSON!!!! He's learning ShelBel - our boy is growing up!

LOL!! I am picturing you out there trying to squeeze the last drop of water from the hose!! Too funny! You still have not DM'ed me the EXACT way to write your address so something gets to you way down there in paradise.

Girl, my jammies were torn down one back leg so part of my underwear and most of thigh showing and I DIDN'T CARE LOL - just getting some dang water LOL Anywhere else, ppl would be looking at me like a freak - here, well, I was just being a Panamanian Have old fresh step buckets out in the rain collecting water for toilet. 2 filled, 2 to go and I have more if need be
Waiting for Naiky to get back to work - Independence holiday is 3 day event so no Panamanians work. But I will 'cause my mouth is already salivating about goodies!

Watching the remake of Gloria with Sharon Stone and letting the rain come down to fill my buckets LOL

Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Plagarized you on the pseudo. Is your water back on yet?
LOL on 'pseudo' No water not back on, but a ton of fresh step buckets full of water so at least have for 'essential' use - bought bottled water for me and Misty (plus have cerveza). Have electricity, internet, direct TV and with rain - kind of water lol so I be cool.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
Quote:
[color="Purple"]

So did you get your flu vaccine yet Shelly? Being a nurse has got to be the hardest job in the world.
I never get the regular flu vaccine, but I am getting the H1N1 flu vaccine. It still isn't available to us yet.
Quote:
LOL on 'pseudo' No water not back on, but a ton of fresh step buckets full of water so at least have for 'essential' use - bought bottled water for me and Misty (plus have cerveza). Have electricity, internet, direct TV and with rain - kind of water lol so I be cool.
Well, at least you have electricity and internet. Oh and cervesa too!!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I never get the regular flu vaccine, but I am getting the H1N1 flu vaccine. It still isn't available to us yet.

Well, at least you have electricity and internet. Oh and cervesa too!!
Exactly, plus a furbaby keeping me warm

Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,026,071 times
aye, yi yi, lots going on here today! Lacey, 'difficult' to go to cozy corner, too emotional for both of us. We had double checked the mail on Sunday am, got teary eyed.
Tex, surprised you havent gotten h1n1 vaccine. they had it for students at a couple of school districts here. then again, some of it is being manufactured in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate