Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Ok Sara, I don't believe a thing you have said, LOL these two are perfect angels..Is that Elvis or Mindy? Such sweet things, those two! And look at the cookies and carrots for Rudolph..Beautiful blessings...thanks for sharing!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:51 PM

Hey campers, well i am trying to recuperate! I am so glad the kids were all here, but I was up for about 15 hours straight on my feet and when I woke up this morning I felt like I needed a morphine drip. I am having problems walking..my feet and legs just hurt so much, I'm kind of crying here thinking of the pain. I don't want to live my life in this much pain all the time. Will do what I can..maybe its just the hustle bustle of the holidays..My daughter in laws mom and stepdad gave Carl and I these wonderful RedWing slippers, mine are slip on, fuzzy inside with a sole for wearing outside, and they are heavenly..they actually help me to walk..
Anyway, #2 son is here until Monday, his wife flew home tonight, she has to work tomorrow, and our #1 son dropped her off at the airport on his way home. I wish she could have stayed but I am so glad they were able to come down.

Tambre, I know how you feel about that first Christmas away from the kids, we have had a few but I think the first was the worst..just an empty day even though we still celebrate the reason for Christmas, it was very hard. Now you have enough time to start planning for NEXT Christmas...Lacey, same thing, its tough but we manage don't we...Now I had mine this year, next year could be a whole different story..a year at a time.

And Amy thanks for sharing your pictures, that calf is so cute but I bet Bob was about ready to run with that mamma cow on her way..Sure is pretty where you are! How many sq feet are you in, reminds me very much of our 'cottage' in WA, that mobile home..800 sq feet...it was actually a nightmare..and this place is not much better...We have boxes of 'stuff' all over our patio, need to get the Christmas stuff put away and start going through those boxes one at a time..I want to enjoy the patio this spring and I can't with it full of boxes...UGLY!!! I have days that it REALLY bugs me, others, not so much.

Carl doing real well, pain is pretty much managed..We go back Monday afternoon for his 2nd post op and they will remove the sutures...he is showering now by himself, will be nice when he can get totally showered..wen stitches come out..have to keep them dry for now..still can't move his arm, has to wear the sling for another 6 weeks or so..ugh..then he can probably start phys therapy.

Stoy, not much longer girlfriend..yay!
Painter that is a lot of rain, we had 6 in in one day while we lived in WA, that was a LOT of rain...I had never seen anything like it..

Well, need to get to bed, getting tired..chat tomorrow..hugs to you all!

Old 12-27-2009, 04:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-hoping the snow's stopped-afraid to look out.

Painter Tambre's correct 1" of rain=1' of snow.

Next year Mr. L told me we will be with the kids for Christmas. It's a very quiet day-lots of remembering and introspection.

Crazy-what an angel!

Tam-you will get settled in-it takes time, Barb too.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Man I would be snowed in if it was snow...

With all the aches and pains going around, me in incl., one has to ask theirself if all the stress is necessary. It takes so much work and then it is over and no one seems to really appreciate your efforts, then you are left with the clean up. Oh things are gonna change....I told my kids that next yr they do what they want and just MAYBE we will get together after Christmas is over.

Now are you all making plans for NYE???

Old 12-27-2009, 06:19 AM

I know Carol-we prep,shop,etc and bam it's over.

NYE-I'm making lobster/shrimp/scallop sampi over angel hair pasta.

Never see midnight!

NYrsDay-Prime rib, roasted potatoes, aspargus.

Jan 2nd-back to the good food routine.

How's about you?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:31 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Nothing that I am aware of right now...I hardly see midnight either, on any other day I stay up late but on NYE for some reason I always go to sleep.

I love scampi but my sauce is always a mess, just can't seem to master it....secret?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 AM

I just melt butter, olive oil, sautee lots of garlic, add some white wine, salt/pepper, lemon juice, parsley. I add the seafood, top with "wet" bread crumbs (bread crumbs seasoned with oregano/little parm cheese and olive oil), and bake 350 for about 7 min. Or you could omit the bread crumbs and just do it stove top.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:48 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
OMG Lacey, that sounds delicious. It's so true that you prepare for days, and its over so soon. Dogmom, sounds like you had a blast, although exhausting, and I'm sorry to hear you are in such bad pain today. Maybe get a nice hottub for that porch, or attached to the pool, heated for the winter months and cool and bubbly for the summer months, or treat yourself to a massage when you've been overdoing it. Joy, you know I'm thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Stoy, would love to hear all the details of your progress with moving. Do you have anyone to help with the heavy furniture? Painter...that is so funny that we have the same furniture. It took three men to lift that recliner sofa. We are now in 960 s.f. I'm drawing some extra room on graph paper...yup, you can do that out here. Also looking into work options. Next week I may sign up with an agency, but we'll see what the pay/travel specifics are. Shelly, did you leave for your cruise yet? Hi to everyone else, and have a wonderful Sunday.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:53 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Wow, she is so beautiful, and looks so happy there beside the tree. It must be wonderful to have a Christmas with a little one who still believes in Santa. Nothing like seeing that anticipation and excitement on their little faces. Lot's of work though. Peace and love to your family in the New Year.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Good morning campers..Amy I wanted to say that your place looks really nice..it reminded me of the cottage with stuff all over..I got pretty good at stuffing things in corners, under beds, etc..my goal this new year is to rid us of all excess 'stuff'. it carries a lot of baggage, doesn't it..

I had put a featherbed on top of our mattress a couple weeks ago.. My mom gave it to us several years ago and it's been packed away for a long time..so we fluffed it out and been sleeping on it. I have to take it off..its too soft. I have enough pain during the night its so fluffy I can't turn over in bed..Isn't that crappy. But what I thought would help, is not..so off it goes..the sheets needed a good hot wash anyway, so....think my bed is better off without the featherbed...it does feel good unless you can't roll over lol.

I think we will take down the Christmas decorations later today while Scott is still here...normally we wait until right after new years, but I think I am ready for it to go back in the boxes, lol. Starting to look cluttered in here to me, and I really need to rid myself of clutter and too much paper. I thought the computer age was supposed to eliminate paperwork. It's worse I swear.

Wanted to check in..chat later..oh I think Shelly leaves on her cruise around the 10th of January. She will have to confirm that. So another couple weeks..we were chatting last night with the kids before my DIL left about taking an Alaska cruise in June..they want to go back, they went on their honeymoon there this past June on a cruise, and our older son wants to go and an Alaska cruise is on my to do list before I pass on..I dont think I am going anywhere soon, lol..but I just feel like this next summer is the time to go. Call me silly. Now we have no money and Carl was looking at me like WTHeck..but we will go. I feel the need.

Now back to the laundry..oh what a glam life we lead! chat later girls..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate