Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:16 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times

Advertisements

I won't bother repeating the good points made by the others but all your agent had to go off of is what he was told by others. You have yet to prove the agent lied. It sounds more like he told you what he was told by others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
I have no intention on cheating anyone. We just did not appreciate the many lies we were told about what was really going on with the closing...We are out extra money from the delay.. .The reason for the delay seemed to change every other day. and most of what they told us was a pack of lies!
Is there a possibility the buyer is pulling some funny business on you? How much earnest money do you have? 4 months is a long time to wait. Maybe it would be in your best interest to see if you can get a back up offer, and not extend any more deadlines if you think you can sell it to anyone else(and then make the decision if you will involve your agent in the future transaction). And since the agent represents both sides he can't exactly blame the buyer on a late closing.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
We hired a real estate company in April. The house was put under contract at the end of July. The contract expired and the house is to be closed on this week. Are we still obligated to pay the realtors their fee due to the contract with them having been expired?????
Quote:
Well I guess because the house was supposed to have closed in 60 days and now it has been almost a month past when it was to be closed. It has held us up buying the home we want. We had to pay more taxes on the home, had to still heat it, and had to extend our home insurance.. I just feel we have been the ones put out. Plus when we questioned the agents about why it was taking forever they kept making up different reasons every other day...
Quote:
He evidently didn't get off his butt and do the paperwork...Which was his fault.. I just didn't appreciate the different reasons that the real estate agents were giving me every other day.....They told me so many crazy stories .. then they didn't even realize that they were backtracking and making this whole affair a real mess..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Is there a possibility the buyer is pulling some funny business on you? How much earnest money do you have? 4 months is a long time to wait. Maybe it would be in your best interest to see if you can get a back up offer, and not extend any more deadlines if you think you can sell it to anyone else(and then make the decision if you will involve your agent in the future transaction). And since the agent represents both sides he can't exactly blame the buyer on a late closing.
JMO but you might want to read all the postings so you understand the situation a bit more. House on the market around 3 months, went under contract, attorney dropped the ball by not doing the paperwork and most probably within 99% range, the agent was given misinformation by the attorney - who gets paid regardless of whether the property closes or not. Agent doesn't get paid unless it closes - which from what I read is happening this week.

Last edited by JustJoy; 10-27-2009 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-28-2009, 11:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I am not an agent, but have been on the selling and buying end several times. Pay your agent, most likely they were told what they told you from the attorney..If I were your agent I would be letting escrow know to not close without my check..just sayin'.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Quote:
You, or most of you are real estate agents.and I appreciate all your comments.but,. you are not looking at this from a seller's prospective. We were told it would close in less then 45 days, more like 30 days.....I finally had to get a lawyer to find out what really was going on, since I wasn't getting any straight answers from my real estate agents.
As a seller, I agree with everything being said by the realtors here. You say you had to pay extra heat, taxes, and such?? well you made up for that by not getting into the house you are buying. No fence til spring? deal with it, don't make excuses to not pay your realtor and move on.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
thing is OP would have had to pay heat/taxes somewhere...

If it closes later she will pay more property taxes in her current property, but less where s/he is buying.

I think if s/he didn't get a clear picture from her agent, and then had to hire an attorney...the attorney should be able to get a very clear picture of the situation in a hurry, and decisively got things rolling in the right direction.

Something her doesn't pass the smell test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate