Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times

Advertisements

Radish greens are my absolute favourite for sandwiches or in salads.
And you can absolutely bake with zucchini and other summer squashes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,556 times
I also was hunting for a way to use yellow squash....I found the following recipe for lemon summer squash bread which looks interesting....haven't tried it but am going to:

Heather Christo - Sharing the love of food with friends and family

Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, cucumbers and radishes......what do i do with all of them? I plan on eating some....but can you make bread from yellow squash like zucchini? How about extra radishes?
Bread with yellow squash would be just fine, in fact it might be better than with Zucchini cause I happen to think it has more flavor. You can make squash patties as well. of course there are all kinds of salads. Last night I had a little or this and that so I created a salad, using cauliflower, radishes (my fav) red onions, fresh mint, a little squash, cukes and threw in a handful of crasins. For a dressing I just used a bit of wine vinegar and a dash of olive oil.

We also love radishes and cukes on sandwiches. As for having too many squash, I haven't had the problem for a few years but I know it can happen. I can remember a couple of years when the neighbors didn't want to see me coming.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
all that stuff can be roasted in the oven or grilled on the BBQ including the radishes, which get quite mellow tasting when cooked either way.

I'd be buying tomatoes and onions and eggplant to go with the green and yellow squash and making some ratatouille, which freezes well.

Butternut squash = Butternut squash bisque. It's about the only way I enjoy eating those things.
I like these suggestions.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, cucumbers and radishes......what do i do with all of them? I plan on eating some....but can you make bread from yellow squash like zucchini? How about extra radishes?

Make a huge batch of juice, or a big pot of vegetable soup, a very large salad, a few loaves of bread or cut them all up and enjoy them as a snack of raw vegetables.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:54 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,885 times
You can make Zucchini pie with the Zucchini.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Radish greens are my absolute favourite for sandwiches or in salads.
And you can absolutely bake with zucchini and other summer squashes!
I still have some daikons growing. Just pick them and eat em like lettuce?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:23 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
We love "zucchini boats". We take the larger, overgrown zucchini, hollow them out, steam them, fill with a ricotta/mozarella cheese/basil filling, and bake them in a 350 degree oven topped with spaghetti sauce. I always fix a lot of these the week after I come back from my vacation - with no one here to pick the zucchini, we get very many that are the size of submarines.

I make a salad of radishes, sweet onions and cucumbers. I diced the veggies, then mixed them with a dressing of mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and sugar and tossed in some diced bacon.

My daughter makes a low carb version of lasagne - instead of noodles she thinly slices yellow squash and zucchini lenghwise and layers it with the sauce and ricotta cheese filling.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:27 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times
This thread is making me hungry.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
You can use any other summer squash exactly the way you use zucchini.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes