Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 08:02 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Quick and fun recipe for baked chicken that has a little different twist!

Ingredients
•4 -6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
•1/2 c. Dr. Pepper
•1/2 c. barbecue sauce
•1/2 c. ketchup
•1 T brown sugar
•salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1.Salt and pepper chicken and arrange in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
2.Mix together 1/2 cup of Dr. Pepper, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of ketchup.
3.Pour it over the chicken. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 1 hour.
4.Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 03:58 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Quick and fun recipe for baked chicken that has a little different twist!

Ingredients
•4 -6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
•1/2 c. Dr. Pepper
•1/2 c. barbecue sauce
•1/2 c. ketchup
•1 T brown sugar
•salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1.Salt and pepper chicken and arrange in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
2.Mix together 1/2 cup of Dr. Pepper, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of ketchup.
3.Pour it over the chicken. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 1 hour.
4.Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
this sounds great im going to try this!!

tried to rep you but couldn't

Old 05-26-2015, 06:21 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
I have requested this of you before Paka, please credit your recipes. It is interesting to read a new recipe but really unfair to the creator or source if you don't. Think about a recipe that you made up and shared. It is always nice to hear your name as the source at a party. I am not asking you to stop posting recipes, just say "this is a neat recipe from Pillsbury, for example."

Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 PM

I will tell you the same thing I told you back the first time you asked, IF I have the information where I got it from, I am happy to give credit to wherever I found the recipe (which of course does not mean THEY did not get it from somewhere else, but I have NEVER ONCE said these are MY recipes).

The recipes I share are ones that I have added to my electronic file of recipes and I have received many thanks ( and reps) from people on the forum who are grateful I post them, so will continue to do so. You can not please everyone all the time, but you are the only complaint.

I have been cooking forever, and even have the VERY first cookbook I got at age 6 free with Imperial Sugar boxtops! These days, my huge bookcase of cookbooks (and I have more than 300) are more and more finding their way home with our daughters to their families enjoyment on each visit back to visit us and I use my email file full of recipes to select from the majority of the time (GOD BLESS SCANNERS!)

If my posts bother you, please feel free to place me on "ignore" and then you can go back to being happy!

Last edited by Paka; 05-26-2015 at 05:25 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I will tell you the same thing I told you back the first time you asked, IF I have the information where I got it from, I am happy to give credit to wherever I found the recipe (which of course does not mean THEY did not get it from somewhere else, but I have NEVER ONCE said these are MY recipes).

The recipes I share are ones that I have added to my electronic file of recipes and I have received many thanks ( and reps) from people on the forum who are grateful I post them, so will continue to do so. You can not please everyone all the time, but you are the only complaint.

I have been cooking forever, and even have the VERY first cookbook I got at age 6 free with Imperial Sugar boxtops! These days, my huge bookcase of cookbooks (and I have more than 300) are more and more finding their way home with our daughters to their families enjoyment on each visit back to visit us and I use my email file full of recipes to select from the majority of the time (GOD BLESS SCANNERS!)

If my posts bother you, please feel free to place me on "ignore" and then you can go back to being happy!
Not quite sure where I stated that they bother me, and I never thought they were all yours, nor was I complaining about the recipes. You have posted some nice recipes, I simply made a second request out of courtesy to the authors of the recipes. It is also helpful, if for example, you lift a recipe out of Southern Living and credit them, and someone has a substitution question, you can contact them and they will have their test kitchens try to help. If you have taken one from a cookbook and name it, if I have that cookbook, I can pull it out of the book myself. I too, have a ton of cookbooks and recipes on thumb drives. But for the above reasons all on the thumb drive are titled with sources, i.e. Chocolate Chip bars - Aunt Marge.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Half my recipes are word of mouth, or word of mouth that I then adapted. There is no source because I don't even know the source, somebody else told me how they made it, and then I went ahead and changed it to suit myself, anyway.

Thus is the nature of cooking and recipes.

Don't assume that recipes are lifted verbatim out of magazines, etc. Half my recipes are ones I or my husband or mom made up.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Half my recipes are word of mouth, or word of mouth that I then adapted. There is no source because I don't even know the source, somebody else told me how they made it, and then I went ahead and changed it to suit myself, anyway.

Thus is the nature of cooking and recipes.

Don't assume that recipes are lifted verbatim out of magazines, etc. Half my recipes are ones I or my husband or mom made up.

OK I will make a simple request even simpler:

IF you know the source of the recipe, please credit that source. If you or your hubby or your mom made them up then you know the source.

I am not looking to make a federal case out of what is common courtesy and I will not make the request again.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:

just add a cold beer at the end of each recipe, then its your own

my god, too many Sheldon coopers in this world

Old 05-27-2015, 08:09 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the DM's of support I have received, and Mainbrokerman, PLEASE let me know what you think of it, my family says it is a KEEPER!!!!

I hope your family likes it as much as well!

I am just a simple, old woman that believes her heart must be Italian somehow, because LOVE is best shared thru food. It doesn't need to be fancy or expensive to bring joy to the house and those who sit at the table when it comes time to break bread!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:01 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Not quite sure where I stated that they bother me, and I never thought they were all yours, nor was I complaining about the recipes. You have posted some nice recipes, I simply made a second request out of courtesy to the authors of the recipes. It is also helpful, if for example, you lift a recipe out of Southern Living and credit them, and someone has a substitution question, you can contact them and they will have their test kitchens try to help. If you have taken one from a cookbook and name it, if I have that cookbook, I can pull it out of the book myself. I too, have a ton of cookbooks and recipes on thumb drives. But for the above reasons all on the thumb drive are titled with sources, i.e. Chocolate Chip bars - Aunt Marge.
The poster can't be any clearer, she doesn't know where most of these recipes are from. If she's anything like me, she probably copied them down quickly on a piece of paper and used it for years. I have just finally put them all on a blog and have changed them to my taste as well since I often use the original recipe as a springboard.

If she knew where they came from, she has stated it in several of her posts. If she doesn't, I STILL want her to post them. I understand where you are coming from but Paka is posting them in such a way that she is NOT claiming credit nor is she bragging on how they are hers. I am baffled on why you keep targeting her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes