Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times

Advertisements

Questions for those who have went speed dating before.

Is it simpler than a regular date if you are kind of shy?

Because time is so limited is it man asks one question then woman and back and forth or how does it work?

Is it polite to ask the age of the person across from you?

Is it customary to ask each person the same series of questions or to switch it up a bit?

What are your experiences with it? Good or bad? Did you walk away with phone numbers? Did any of the real dates go on to become anything significant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
I never tried it because everything is based on appearances. There is no way in 5 minutes you can tell if you want to go out with the person or not.

For example, I'm very shy. I do need some time to warm up to a woman. Within 5 minutes she's going to say hell no to me. So I would never stand a chance. That's why I never went on those things.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
If you are shy, before you attempt speed dating, you should practice what you will say when you meet these people. Think of it as a salesperson would - you have only 5 minutes to get the person to like you enough to have them give up their phone number to you. After you've thought about it, now practice it - with a friend, but be yourself - don't come off sounding fake, the other parties will immediately notice it.

I would not ask what the other's person age is - most women get offended by this.

I did it once, none of the follow-up dates led to anything serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships