Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Nine times out of ten a woman who tries to turn a casual sexual encounter into something more isn't trying to "trap" you. She simply thought she could separate the emotional from the physical, and it turned out she was dead wrong. (Re-read the opening post for an example of what happens.)

Your 40-something friend wouldn't have a problem with women texting him like mad, manipulation and drama if he dated women his own age. It's his own lifestyle and choices which lead him to have to sex with prostitutes; don't blame our female society as a whole.
I don't think he or I is blaming anyone. He made that choice to compartmentalize his sex life much the way you did, except he leaves a few hundreds on the table when leaving. And he seems quite happy as a person and certainly understands his choices and why he makes them. Nor would I think dating women in his 40's would make a difference.

And I disagree, there are some needy women out there that do try to "trap" men and manipulate them. I've ran into plenty of them. I'd say it's more than 10%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 04:38 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I don't think he or I is blaming anyone. He made that choice to compartmentalize his sex life much the way you did, except he leaves a few hundreds on the table when leaving. And he seems quite happy as a person and certainly understands his choices and why he makes them. Nor would I think dating women in his 40's would make a difference.

And I disagree, there are some needy women out there that do try to "trap" men and manipulate them. I've ran into plenty of them. I'd say it's more than 10%.
I can only take your words at face value. And if he keeps running up against heavy texters, he's obviously not dating in his age range. I can only assume he has complained about it, which is why you posted about it. If he is truly happy with compartmentalizing his life, then he shouldn't be complaining about drama-loving text addicts.

That he is sleeping with hundreds of women (well, prostitutes according to you) is highly disgusting to me, by the way. I wouldn't judge someone sleeping with a hooker every now and again, but as a regular thing, and hundreds? Your friend sounds like he has some serious issues.

And finally, if you are correct and the number of female manipulators is only just above 10%, that's pretty low. Why not live your life with the 85%+ who don't, rather than carrying around such a bitter, negative attitude? I don't get it.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:21 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I can only take your words at face value. And if he keeps running up against heavy texters, he's obviously not dating in his age range. I can only assume he has complained about it, which is why you posted about it. If he is truly happy with compartmentalizing his life, then he shouldn't be complaining about drama-loving text addicts.

That he is sleeping with hundreds of women (well, prostitutes according to you) is highly disgusting to me, by the way. I wouldn't judge someone sleeping with a hooker every now and again, but as a regular thing, and hundreds? Your friend sounds like he has some serious issues.

And finally, if you are correct and the number of female manipulators is only just above 10%, that's pretty low. Why not live your life with the 85%+ who don't, rather than carrying around such a bitter, negative attitude? I don't get it.
He's not running up against heavy texters because he was out of that business before cell phones and texting became popular.

Mostly as I gather he does what he does to avoid any drama or issues. He has several long term platonic lady friends that go back years that he does stuff with and by that I mean activities and lunch and stuff. But he has no interest in a committed LTR nor wives or kids, so that's what he does, platonic lady friends on one hand and the lady of the night on the other.

And no he doesn't sleep with hundreds of women. You might be able to count the number on 2 hands or even less. There is a regular gal he has seen for years now and there is another as well he doesn't see as much. It's "casual" and friendly and they know each other well enough. But there is no involvement outside of that. BTW where he lives this is all legal and above board and out in the open. He has probably had fewer sex partners than your average single or even married person(seeing how much many married folks fool around) out there.

Again it's not a lick of difference between your affair with a 25 year old and what he does, he just happens to leave some money behind.

And yet again I don't have a bitter, negative attitude. I am merely realistic and can only speak of what I have encountered, not just in my life but others as well. It's all well and good to expect the best of people, but when sex and emotions and all is involved, to me it's not something you play around with or just randomly jump in and out of beds. I simply have my eyes open. Trust but verify.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
He's not running up against heavy texters because he was out of that business before cell phones and texting became popular.

Mostly as I gather he does what he does to avoid any drama or issues. He has several long term platonic lady friends that go back years that he does stuff with and by that I mean activities and lunch and stuff. But he has no interest in a committed LTR nor wives or kids, so that's what he does, platonic lady friends on one hand and the lady of the night on the other.

And no he doesn't sleep with hundreds of women. You might be able to count the number on 2 hands or even less. There is a regular gal he has seen for years now and there is another as well he doesn't see as much. It's "casual" and friendly and they know each other well enough. But there is no involvement outside of that. BTW where he lives this is all legal and above board and out in the open. He has probably had fewer sex partners than your average single or even married person(seeing how much many married folks fool around) out there.

Again it's not a lick of difference between your affair with a 25 year old and what he does, he just happens to leave some money behind.

And yet again I don't have a bitter, negative attitude. I am merely realistic and can only speak of what I have encountered, not just in my life but others as well. It's all well and good to expect the best of people, but when sex and emotions and all is involved, to me it's not something you play around with or just randomly jump in and out of beds. I simply have my eyes open. Trust but verify.
I completely misread something you wrote earlier, hence my statement about prostitutes. Sorry, scratch that!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
whew..I was wondering

I knew I didnt see where wanneroo had said that anywhere, but I thought maybe I had just missed A WHOLE HELLUVA LOT of posts and was therefore left uninformed about the scores of prostitutes and hundreds of women his friend had slept with. I had planned to just go along with the flow.

glad to know it wasnt just me.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
whew..I was wondering

I knew I didnt see where wanneroo had said that anywhere, but I thought maybe I had just missed A WHOLE HELLUVA LOT of posts and was therefore left uninformed about the scores of prostitutes and hundreds of women his friend had slept with. I had planned to just go along with the flow.

glad to know it wasnt just me.
Nah it was definitely me, which is why I thought I'd better say something! I somehow mind-merged several of his sentences into a new one with an entirely different meaning than what he meant.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 AM

69 posts, read 94,858 times
Men are more cut out for casual sex and seek out casual sex alot more than women because men generally have a much higher sex drive than women.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
Men are more cut out for casual sex and seek out casual sex alot more than women because men generally have a much higher sex drive than women.
I beg to differ!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
This is crazy talk!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Wrong. This tells me you are probably a lousy lover. women seem to have a low sex drive with you because they don't like your technique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships