Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,309,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
The general male dating standards in youth are simple - date the hottest of the hot.
I know why he's going after the hottest girl, but I don't believe he's repulsed (as he said) by anyone but the very hottest one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 PM

549 posts, read 1,932,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is one VERY confused youngster.

Maybe the pretty girls rejected him because they didn't want to "lower their standards" to hook up with someone who is superficial like the OP.

Meh, maybe I shouldn't be too hard on him, he is still an average kid with the "high school boy" mentality. Go figure.
I think that's unfair.

Nobody falls for someone he's not attracted to. Nobody. Because then you'd be courting a friend, not a lover.

Attraction isn't only developed through looks. I consider my ex cute, but not drop dead gorgeous. What attracted me was her personality.

So my message to the OP is to keep your options open.

Yes, some girls may be more physically attractive. Though, you have to keep in mind that many of them know they're 10s and don't always have the sweetest personality because their looks compensate (). Of course, there are exceptions...

Conversely, average looking girls (ones that you may look past) may have winning personalities that can captivate you. Though, you won't have the chance to be won over unless you give them a chance.

The way I see it, there are girls that I find very attractive, girls that I find repulsive, and girls that are neither. Depending on their personality, I would date girls that I find very attractive or neither.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I'm almost 20, and I've never had a relationship before. However, I realized that in high school I always went after the most popular and prettiest girls. In the first few years of college I've almost gone after the very attractive ones. Of course, they all rejected me or were already taken.

Should I go after the less attractive ones? But, I don't really like them...

A lot of my friends have had relationships but only a few of them had it with attractive girls. I'm not trying to be superficial, but I just feel repulsed by unattractive girls... Did any of you succeed in dating attractive girls or did you have to lower your standards?
i think you must try be attractive if u meet the girls, dont be rigid..
and your basic problem maybe is how to show up when u meet a pretty girl..
dont be cool,relax and trying to talk with, just be a normal

Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Op you are young, don't worry so much.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,117,454 times
You've probably noticed by now that everyone has an opinion. Question is, have you learned anything? It simply boils down to whether you want to date women or not. The pretty ones don't seem to be interested in you, so either you lower your standards or you continue on through life with not dates. Maybe you also need to change your opinion of yourself. The pretty women you try to date, don't see you, as you see yourself. Why is that? To shed some light on your last question: yes, I've dated beautiful women and the woman I married is probably above average in looks. Many of the really beautiful women, know it, and are holding out for someone of their choosing, who is either very attractive, or very rich. Some of the really beautiful women you see wouldn't make very good wives, but may impress your friends.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,099,481 times
Quote:
I'm almost 20, and I've never had a relationship before. However, I realized that in high school I always went after the most popular and prettiest girls. In the first few years of college I've almost gone after the very attractive ones. Of course, they all rejected me or were already taken.

A lot of my friends have had relationships but only a few of them had it with attractive girls. I'm not trying to be superficial, but I just feel repulsed by unattractive girls... Did any of you succeed in dating attractive girls or did you have to lower your standards?

Does the women have to lower her standards by dating you thats what I'm wondering now..

Old 06-27-2010, 01:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Always focus on FACE which is the starting point. I don't see how anyone can be with someone if they are not attracted to the face.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,394,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Always focus on FACE which is the starting point. I don't see how anyone can be with someone if they are not attracted to the face.
it's not the only attractive part though.

a woman could have a nice face, then a smoking body, or vice versa.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM

725 posts, read 2,325,791 times
Quote:

Not trying to sound condescending but -------

When you went after the hot-looking girls did you really think they were going to instantly be attracted to you? I mean, were you the athletic type that excelled at Sports, a wealthy dude, or a tall, handsome stud?????

If not then you probably would have been better off going for the average girls. Average doesn't always mean unattractive!!!!!!!

Hot girls know they're hot and are usually high-maintainance. Average guys usually don't stand a chance with them unless they possess some kind of special charm that woos the ladies.

Trust me - I've been there. I have played the hot ladies and most of them are good for 1-night stand kind of relationships. If you want something more long-term then look past the looks and develop a relationship with someone that is caring, sensitive and wants a commitment!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:00 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,646,231 times
Quote:
Never had a relationship before... should I lower my standards?
Yes, I think you should consider either a bag lady or a meth addict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships