Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:24 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,596 times

Advertisements

I'm almost 20, and I've never had a relationship before. However, I realized that in high school I always went after the most popular and prettiest girls. In the first few years of college I've almost gone after the very attractive ones. Of course, they all rejected me or were already taken.

Should I go after the less attractive ones? But, I don't really like them...

A lot of my friends have had relationships but only a few of them had it with attractive girls. I'm not trying to be superficial, but I just feel repulsed by unattractive girls... Did any of you succeed in dating attractive girls or did you have to lower your standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
I would suggest stop worrying so much about how pretty and popular they are, and find someone that you have something in common with. That might be a *start.*

Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I would suggest stop worrying so much about how pretty and popular they are, and find someone that you have something in common with. That might be a *start.*
What she said.

If you are still considering only looks and popularity, you probably aren't ready for a relationship yet. You still have some growing up to do. It will happen, just give it time. You are still VERY young. In the long term you will be glad you waited.

Looks will always fade. Old happens to everyone. You have to have other attractions that will keep you together.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
What she said.

If you are still considering only looks and popularity, you probably aren't ready for a relationship yet. You still have some growing up to do. It will happen, just give it time. You are still VERY young. In the long term you will be glad you waited.

Looks will always fade. Old happens to everyone. You have to have other attractions that will keep you together.

The above poster is right on. Forget about looks. Find a friend first. Look for common interests, intelligence and ambition. Don't rush the sex.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
^Those three posts. Unfortunately, they can be told over and over again but won't hear it and learn it til they're well into their 30s, 40s 50s (sometimes never, as we've learned here with the help of some of our local misogynists ) Not calling OP a misogynist. Just saying be careful you don't follow in their footsteps. Some of them never learned that seeking a relationship with the wrong head my lead to old man who sleep long time alone.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 PM

382 posts, read 758,299 times
You should never, EVER lower your standards. Standards are never too high.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I'm almost 20, and I've never had a relationship before. However, I realized that in high school I always went after the most popular and prettiest girls. In the first few years of college I've almost gone after the very attractive ones. Of course, they all rejected me or were already taken.

Should I go after the less attractive ones? But, I don't really like them...

A lot of my friends have had relationships but only a few of them had it with attractive girls. I'm not trying to be superficial, but I just feel repulsed by unattractive girls... Did any of you succeed in dating attractive girls or did you have to lower your standards?
Take my advice. Lower my standards... um I mean lower YOUR standards.

"Unattractive" women are humans as well. Trust me, you'll be very happy. You will miss out on very wonderful women unless you look beyond appearances.

So you may have to lower YOUR standards, not mine, stay away from my standards.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 06-24-2010 at 02:22 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,083 times
just dont date a fatty

Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM

283 posts, read 458,569 times
My tip. I was in that situation too two years ago. Focus on talking to girls just get a feeling on how to talk to them an once you see one that really interest you give her all your attention. Just be careful not to become too friendly with her because you can fall in the friend list quite easily. Work on making the girl Desire you. Because if its you who fall in love with her you will have a hard time convincing yourself that you don't love her when you do. I Tried to be too friendly I got in the friend list (living nightmare if you ask me + Girls use you to seduce dudes that are not any better than you). The moment I worked on Being Loved Suddenly I had a shower a Girls who noticed me.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:23 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,745 times
Dude, some honest opinions here:

- You're stuck in the high school mode of thought. You should find what is attractive to you, and only you. You would be the person dating them, not anybody else, so nobody else's opinion matters.

- What your friends think shouldn't matter. They should be supportive of whomever you date.

- There is nothing wrong about going after 10s, if that what you want. Everybody is free and anything goes in life. But women shouldn't be seen as an affectation. You have a partner because you like her and want companionship, but because one wants to be the dude and be seen with the hottest girl out.

I think you need to mature and find yourself before you begin dating. IMO, dating is simple:

- Be yourself
- Know what you want

That's it. Apart from that, there are no rules in dating. Once you know who you are, you can find a better match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships