Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you ever notice how some people who claim to be "so real" are really the most fake? Like this is something I'm noticing for the first time. And it's pissing me off I so blind to this! You know how there's some people who pride themselves on the fact that they "keep it real" or they "tell it like it is" and they have the type of personality that is supposedly "down to earth". And the people around them always gives them props for being a real chick, a real dude. But tell me why these popular people are NEVER questioned for their antics? You know the behind-the-scenes sloppiness that goes on in their lives?

Tell me how can a gold-digger be real? She has all the personality traits of a "real" chick. But in her behind-the-scenes sloppiness, she stays hunting for rich men, sex them, make them buy her everything she wants, dumps them, and then she moves on to the next guy. Is she still real? Does she still have that status?

Or the "real" dude. The serious macho-type home bro, who always tells you exactly what he feels or thinks and all the girls love him because of his "realness" and "rudeness". But in his behind-the-scenes slopiness, he stays on steroid and drugs, has a drug dealing business, gets boozed up drunk at nightclubs, and has unprotected sex with various women. Wakes up in the morning and has no clue if he has contacted an STD. Is he still real? Does he still have that status within his male circle? Even though he never brings it up?

It trips me the freak out how these supposed "real" people are within our male and female circle of friends and we don't even know it! Because of their "so real" personality, we cover up things we know about them so that we can stay friends and stay cool with them for whatever reason. But when it comes to you, they still get to judge and condemn what you do or what your friends do. As long as the spotlight is not on them and their lives, everything is peaches and cream. But when it's you? All hell breaks loose. I for one, have had enough of these creatures infiltrating my life. It's time for a complete cleansing from these viruses. I need them out of my bloodstream and I suggest for your sake and sanity, you do the same! Hear hear!
You have an interesting vocabulary. Define "real" for me. In my world, if I can touch someone, they're real. Perhaps you mean..."sincere"...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 10:50 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
What does it exactly mean to be 'real' anyway? I see no contradiction to what you describe. What is having a REALly bad character different from being real? To me someone who lives up to who they are is real. Now if they hide their true identity they aren't being real.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
dear friend-- people lie a great deal. the level of deception is way beyond what most assume.
nobody explains this better than author anne rice, of "interview with a vampire".

Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What does it exactly mean to be 'real' anyway? I see no contradiction to what you describe. What is having a REALly bad character different from being real? To me someone who lives up to who they are is real. Now if they hide their true identity they aren't being real.
Some of us refuse to hide it anymore! If you don't like a mans man, fine, next! Do I offend you with my hobbies and interests? Good, don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out!LMAO.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships