Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Naw, they're different, I think sugar momma's got money, I don't think a cougar's necessarily has the cash.
Yep. A cougar's not there to pay your bills--she's there to get you out of your pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The 80's called and it wants its hair back.
I heard they're wanting to press charges to retrieve Liz' black mink coat and his gaudy tie, too.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Yes I would have easily supported the 23 year old while he finished nursing school. I'm 35. Ashame
it didn't work out

Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It goes both ways and there are for sure sugar mamas out there, though not as prevalent as the sugar daddys
Exactly. Also, it is well known how men lose interest once they know the girl they are seeing comes from a rich family or something. Sure, there are exceptions but generally it is women who show interest in a guy's money, status, car, power, etc. Than the other way around.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Of course there are. But there are also younger women with money with guys hooking up for money. I've known several men who do or have done it. Some married for her money and she was their age so it doesn't have to be someone older.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Of course there are. But there are also younger women with money with guys hooking up for money. I've known several men who do or have done it. Some married for her money and she was their age so it doesn't have to be someone older.
That's different. That's a male gold-digger (to use the terminology so often applied to women here ).

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwesterner View Post
When young women have a sugar daddy, it just makes them look like a spoiled gold digger. Yet, there are plenty of older men (40+) who are more than willing to be that woman's cash drawer. But is there any such thing as a female sugar daddy for young men? Like a sugar mama?

It's funny, because one of my good friends (23) has just gotten in a relationship with a woman who is 42, and he calls her his sugar mama. She doesn't act like his mother, but he quit his job. Does that mean she spends a bunch of money on him? I'm not sure I understand the whole concept of that. Wouldn't having a sugar mama make a man feel less of a man?

I want your oppinions on sugar mamas. Do they work the same as sugar daddies? If so, do men really go for a woman who spends money on them? I need responses from all people (older and younger men and women.)
Yes, but there is usually a catch, such as, the women is not good looking or she is obese. These type of women will PAY to keep a man around.

Another situation is if a women makes money illegally, some women who make lots of money illegally have no problems spending it on a man they want. I have seen it happen. But if you ask me, I know know anything more about it.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Yes, but there is usually a catch, such as, the women is not good looking or she is obese. These type of women will PAY to keep a man around.

Another situation is if a women makes money illegally, some women who make lots of money illegally have no problems spending it on a man they want. I have seen it happen. But if you ask me, I know know anything more about it.
[speechless. just speechless. very unlike the byrd]

Old 06-28-2010, 10:26 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
[speechless. just speechless. very unlike the byrd]
This has been my experience. Seriously.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
This has been my experience. Seriously.
Ok, I'll give this a shot.

So, because it's been your experience, it's the norm? I know a beautiful woman in her 20s--she was beautiful enough to be chosen for some stupid reality show, so-and-so's new best friend?--and she, for two years or more, dated a guy with no money. He dated her for her money. My ex b-i-l married a beautiful woman his age because her family is rich. She wasn't fat or doing criminal things. One of my brother's friends is in her 30s, rich and married an older man who married for money--openly admits it to buddies. She's very pretty. I think some people are just willing to get the person they want by any means, period--man or woman, young or old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships