Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Just asking because my platonic friend is telling me she changed her cell number because it was time for a change. Is that BS? I mean what are some other reasons a woman would change her cell number?
Um, you should tell her how you feel about her. My "platonic friend" turned out to be the love of my life when he finally worked up the courage to tell me he had feelings for me. Nothing ventured nothing gained my friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 01:43 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Ten years too late...

Old 02-11-2021, 02:47 PM

880 posts, read 461,913 times
Haaa, The woman that use to own my now new number sure didn't get it changed bc of a guy.
My god so many people chasin this chick it's scary . Had no idea when l got a new number they just give someone elses old number , so watch out for that one and ask if you do change your number. l didn't wanna change it yet again to another new number , so l've slowly had to get rid of all her crap , know everything about this chick these days , not that l even giva toss but unfortunately , not to mention her 10 wkly doctor appointments and all her relatives, and ex's and the dog. Anyway , 12 mths and l think it's finally clear.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:04 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
I work as a probation officer. I will tell you that tons of people we see come in with a new phone number all the time - every few months. Most of them do prepaid, and they change services - or forget to pay one month and then just create a new acct later with another service.

Me personally, I have had the same cell phone number for probably close to 15 years.

Old 02-11-2021, 04:37 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Thread is from 2010...

Old 02-11-2021, 05:32 PM

226 posts, read 158,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Just asking because my platonic friend is telling me she changed her cell number because it was time for a change. Is that BS? I mean what are some other reasons a woman would change her cell number?

I thought the OP's handle was FBI

how fitting,

both are creepy in their concern/involvement trying to destroy another person's right to privacy

Old 02-11-2021, 10:04 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Thread is from 2010...
Sho nuff. I missed that...

Old 02-11-2021, 10:35 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,333 times
Changing ones number isn’t a reasonable act to deter spammers, scammers. They have apps that randomly dial - though many do focus on certain areas (?) like senior communities.

Not sure why one would change their number but for a stalker and/or debt collectors (but I think there are laws limiting this. Worth for this person to look up what the the state laws are).

I’ve had the experience of being stalked, by phone, car, etc. it’s traumatic. This person may need a non-judgmental friend more than ever right now. Don’t know. It would seem that being there for this friend right now is the best route to take. Of course if danger presents, you’d want to have distance.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:44 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Haaa, The woman that use to own my now new number sure didn't get it changed bc of a guy.
My god so many people chasin this chick it's scary . Had no idea when l got a new number they just give someone elses old number , so watch out for that one and ask if you do change your number. l didn't wanna change it yet again to another new number , so l've slowly had to get rid of all her crap , know everything about this chick these days , not that l even giva toss but unfortunately , not to mention her 10 wkly doctor appointments and all her relatives, and ex's and the dog. Anyway , 12 mths and l think it's finally clear.
I had this happen with my number. The young lady who had it before me was being pursued by a lot of bill collectors. Random guys would call looking for her too so I think she still handed her old number out to guys she didn't want to give her real number too. Twelve years later and I still get the odd bill collector looking for her. She needs to get her life in order!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships