Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
well, morality is relative. Some may say having sex before marriage is immoral.
Okay. Well then, I think that having sex without having love feelings is immoral and wrong. I am totally against this FWB stuff. And in the big picture, I would like to have sex with as few men as possible during my lifetime. While I never expected there to be only one man in my life ever, I certainly don't want to have experienced many lovers. And the same standard holds true to the men I date.

And when entering into a possible dating or relationship situation, I am only interested in dating a man that is free and clear of both emotional and physical attachments to other women. And that's because I could never have sex with a man that I wasn't in love with and interested in a LTR with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
If a man is single and there's a girl whom he wants to date but is still getting to know her, but he is having his sexual needs met by a female friend with benefits,is that ok or is that like morally wrong?

I personally dont think it is wrong because even though the man may like one woman, he can still have his needs met by another if he is not attached to her> anybody agree?
It's no more morally wrong than any other form of pre-marital sex, if that's what you're asking. But I'm thinking the longer he has the friend with benefits hanging around, the more he will delay getting to know the other girl and dating her. Also factor in jealousy from Benefits Girl (just because she is in this position now doesn't mean she doesn't want to date the guy) She might be doling out sex in hopes that he will become interested in her as a person and ask her out. Pitful and desperate, if you ask me, but that's hookup culture. What I'm saying is that the other girl IS in the picture, even if it's "just sexually" if she sees you as a rival, you'll have to go.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:20 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
If a man is single and there's a girl whom he wants to date but is still getting to know her, but he is having his sexual needs met by a female friend with benefits,is that ok or is that like morally wrong?

I personally dont think it is wrong because even though the man may like one woman, he can still have his needs met by another if he is not attached to her> anybody agree?
If anything, that will make him more attractive to the woman he likes, despite what she might stay. Women desire men that other women desire.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
im thinking wrong , but it does depend on the people involved.
How one perceives it might depend on if they believe a date means a lifelong commitment or if it doesn't. Some people believe that no conversation is ever needed, you can just assume when someone takes you for dinner or goes out to dinner with you that you are the one and only.

Even a verbal commitment is isn't like making a religious vow, cheating on a new date isn't anything close to adultery.

The guy isn't in a relationship yet with the new girl so he's hardly cheating on her, and the FWB is just that, those aren't meant to be about fidelity or much of anything. A FWB is not much different than your own hand, just something convenient for the moment.

It's a different topic whether someone should have or be a FWB - but for many people that's what they do. A FWB is someone you wouldn't want to have a romantic relationship with for a number of reasons, so who would he be cheating on? The FWB? Or the potential dating partner?

Old 07-04-2010, 03:16 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
It is funny how some women try to sound so moral, pious and how they despise men who have friends with benefits, while many of them probably are having their sexual needs met by a FWB or maybe a few of them.

I went on a few dates with this girl and we were making out at a park, all of the sudden, she flipped out and asked me to bring her home, I didnt even understand what her deal was. I texted her the day after and she accused me of wanting sex ONLY, she said that I would NEVER get that from her and she stopped answering my texts.

A couple weeks later, I saw her on Facebook and we started talking again, we ended up meeting Fri night at a bar, after she had a couple drinks, she wanted to leave the bar and go drink at my place. Sure enough, the girl who said I would never get anything from her was a totally different person after a few drinks, she ended up spending the night at my place and lets say, I did not really have to do anything, it is hard to understand women sometimes.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Many people just don't understand that "Water seeks its own level" and "We attract what we are"

Old 07-04-2010, 03:57 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
I don't know many women who don't have fwb, you probably just don't know about them.

These constructions are semi meaningless, unless you're talking about saving sex for the confines of marriage.

What i'm saying is, having a fwb, compared to saving sex for a "relationship" is a distinction without much of a difference.
First of all, I just think the term FWB is stupid. If you are friends, and like to swap genital gravy, why not just date?

And yes, in my case, I am talking about saving sex for marriage. Not until marriage, but at least until I'm in a relationship. I'll straight up tell women that and they are fine with it.

Maybe the women you know have them. Not the women I know, and you'll never know the women I know, cuz you ain't on my level.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:02 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is funny how some women try to sound so moral, pious and how they despise men who have friends with benefits, while many of them probably are having their sexual needs met by a FWB or maybe a few of them.

I went on a few dates with this girl and we were making out at a park, all of the sudden, she flipped out and asked me to bring her home, I didnt even understand what her deal was. I texted her the day after and she accused me of wanting sex ONLY, she said that I would NEVER get that from her and she stopped answering my texts.

A couple weeks later, I saw her on Facebook and we started talking again, we ended up meeting Fri night at a bar, after she had a couple drinks, she wanted to leave the bar and go drink at my place. Sure enough, the girl who said I would never get anything from her was a totally different person after a few drinks, she ended up spending the night at my place and lets say, I did not really have to do anything, it is hard to understand women sometimes.
You are bragging about taking advantage of a drunk girl? Hey friend, you realize that's rape right? Let's say if you did that to my sister, you'd better turn yourself into the cops, cuz I am much less nice than cops. You will get what is coming to you in life.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:

He can meet his sexual needs without any women at all. But whatever he wants to do, he should do--without regard to whether it's right or wrong. Though, if he's questioning whether it IS wrong, then it probably is.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:

How about if the shoe were on the other foot?

Would a guy like it if a woman he was getting to know was banging another guy, "just as a friend". I highly doubt it.

If someone can't keep it in their pants long enough to establish a relationship with someone then in my opinion that someone is a w****bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships