Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:50 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,982 times

Advertisements

I have read this phrase many times saying to people who date is to relax and treat the date and talk to him like a friend. From a woman's perspective, I am trying to see how this is possible knowing the man wants to eventually get in bed with me. How can a woman be calm and relaxed knowing this is what going to the through the man's head also while getting to know her. My friends do not want to sleep with me so I can act natural. There is no way I can act natural when some guy is trying to figure out his way to sleep with me. I am still trying to figure this out how can this naturalness be possible. The possibility of a guy trying to get with me does not make me calm and relaxed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
The possibility of a guy trying to get with me does not make me calm and relaxed.
How does it make you feel?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,255,370 times
Quote:
I have read this phrase many times saying to people who date is to relax and treat the date and talk to him like a friend. From a woman's perspective, I am trying to see how this is possible knowing the man wants to eventually get in bed with me. How can a woman be calm and relaxed knowing this is what going to the through the man's head also while getting to know her. My friends do not want to sleep with me so I can act natural. There is no way I can act natural when some guy is trying to figure out his way to sleep with me. I am still trying to figure this out how can this naturalness be possible. The possibility of a guy trying to get with me does not make me calm and relaxed.
Sure it can and does work. It may just be the best method for people who are tired of the games and BS. If you don't work out as friends there is no point continuing!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM

221 posts, read 336,892 times
Your (male) friends want to have sex with you as well. Of this I assure you.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,959,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
I second this. They just won't ever act on it or mention it.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
Ok, I believe that, but I the three I have I know one would like to. The other one is married and last one he definitely does not see me more than as friend.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
How does it make you feel?
It's nice to know if a guy wants me if it just a casual flirting situation like getting hit on in the grocery store or bar. I can eventually get away from that. But dating situation it makes me feel bad because one I feel like he is trying to use me. Two, I just do not like feeling rush being jumped into bed. The person is just a stranger to me, and lastly I know I am never going to sleep with him. So I feel uncomfortable, and feel like it is a waste of time on both ends.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times
If you don't find him attractive, then why are you dating him?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
It's nice to know if a guy wants me if it just a casual flirting situation like getting hit on in the grocery store or bar. I can eventually get away from that. But dating situation it makes me feel bad because one I feel like he is trying to use me. Two, I just do not like feeling rush being jumped into bed. The person is just a stranger to me, and lastly I know I am never going to sleep with him. So I feel uncomfortable, and feel like it is a waste of time on both ends.
Are you talking about one particular guy? I don't see what the difference is between a guy flirting with you at the grocery store and a guy flirting with you on a date. Sure, he probably wants to sleep with you, but that doesn't mean he expects you to RIGHT NOW or that he is trying to use you or manipulate you. Why do you feel so nervous and threatened?

I don't think you should date guys you never want to sleep with. There's nothing wrong with not being sure or wanting to wait, but never? Don't do that to a guy.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM

221 posts, read 336,892 times
Quote:
It's not that I do not like men. It's just that some sexual situations intimdate me,
Sounds like something you need to get over before you date anyone
Quote:
Also, you just prove my point you assumed that did not like men because of the situation which proves all dating primarily comes down to sex mostly with some other attributes. Why do I have to sleep with you to date. Why can I wait until I want to do something. This is why I do not date much.
What is your point exactly? You obviously disassociate friendship from relationships, as you mentioned your male "friends" in your first post. So because a man does as well that somehow makes him wrong?
You're not making any sense, clarify please.

I mean your question makes no sense, that's the point of dating and not just being "friends" If you want to be "just friends" with a guy then do that and don't date them. I don't see the problem here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships