Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post

I really wish more people would do this. I'd like to see what the end result should look like.
I get asked for recipes all the time and I am very visual so I like to see a picture of how it should look. Figured this would help other visual people too.

I also remember when I moved out of my house, I had to call my mom everytime I wanted a recipe from her...so I'm going to publish it (nothing fancy...but have it bound) and then give one to each of my kids when they move out.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I get asked for recipes all the time and I am very visual so I like to see a picture of how it should look. Figured this would help other visual people too.

I also remember when I moved out of my house, I had to call my mom everytime I wanted a recipe from her...so I'm going to publish it (nothing fancy...but have it bound) and then give one to each of my kids when they move out.
That is a great idea. They'll have a cookbook to go by and best thing is its from Mom!

As for your kids, boys, girls?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
That is a great idea. They'll have a cookbook to go by and best thing is its from Mom!

As for your kids, boys, girls?
3 boys, 1 girl

My 10 yr old (boy) is my little chef...I will let him cook dinner, supervised of course. And he knows he's not allowed to use knives or heat unless I'm in the room with him. He's a pretty good apprentice though...his future wife will thank me

Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
3 boys, 1 girl

My 10 yr old (boy) is my little chef...I will let him cook dinner, supervised of course. And he knows he's not allowed to use knives or heat unless I'm in the room with him. He's a pretty good apprentice though...his future wife will thank me
LOL. Very true. Women love men that can cook.

When my wife and I were dating, she didn't believe me that I could cook, much less clean. She was surprised when I cooked her dinner at my place and then asked if my mother cleaned my apartment for me. I said no, I do that myself.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:13 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,409,050 times
Well, I bought a laptop, now that my main PC has blown up (my dysphemism for failed), and I was thinking of it a while so finally did it. Much better value than I expected too.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
LOL. Very true. Women love men that can cook.

When my wife and I were dating, she didn't believe me that I could cook, much less clean. She was surprised when I cooked her dinner at my place and then asked if my mother cleaned my apartment for me. I said no, I do that myself.
That's awesome! I love a man that can cook...

Unfortunately mine is kitchen challenged. He wouldn't know a zester from a pastry blender. He tries though. When I was laid up after surgery he brought me breakfast in bed. The pancakes were dry and the eggs had no flavor...but I had to love him for trying.

LOL, I decided I needed to recover enough that day to get back in the kitchen or risk starving to death

Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I wish I could cook. I can't even make cereal without starting a fire.
NoOne is perfect, Darlin'.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,038 times
Quote:
hehe my hubby is a former chef. dont tell im, but thats one of the reasons i married him

Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:

Unfortunately mine is kitchen challenged. He wouldn't know a zester from a pastry blender. He tries though. When I was laid up after surgery he brought me breakfast in bed. The pancakes were dry and the eggs had no flavor...but I had to love him for trying.

LOL, I decided I needed to recover enough that day to get back in the kitchen or risk starving to death

I do OK in the cooking department... I think I have a natural instinct on certain things, how well things pair together, stuff like that.

Mrs. Chow doesn't mind when I handle the culinary duties....

I half way thought about becoming a trained chef, but then I think working in a restaurant might not be as much fun as playing a little music and sipping some wine as we try out our latest gastronomical delights.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I half way thought about becoming a trained chef, but then I think working in a restaurant might not be as much fun as playing a little music and sipping some wine as we try out our latest gastronomical delights.
i married into a restaurant owning family and trust me- its not fun! LONG hours and more work than you can imagine! I was SOOOO glad when we sold the place!

much more relaxing at home in good company
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships