Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times

Advertisements

Well....my sister just spilled the beans:

Date #1--looking to make you spend as much money as possible.

Date #2--Making you spend more money...and then going back to your place to case your joint.

Date #3--This is where things get sinister. More money being spent. Going back to your place. From there they will have the sex with you. When you are asleep they will steal your identity. Then they will marry and divorce you and take 31% of your stuff and you will cry.

Run run away from women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
women on dating sites can line up pretty much unlimited dates a whole lot easier then they can in real life. log on after work while watching tv and have dozens of msgs just sitting there from d00ds wanting a date. i know some girls that just use sites to serial date over and over because they never meet "that perfect guy"
This is my experience and what I have heard as well. From what I understand women using an online dating site like match or p.o.f. can like up like 5 first dates a week easily...men are just sort of a number to them and there's no incentive to actually take the time to get to know someone.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
I think miu is essentially correct here. I would add, too, that as one becomes clearer about what they want and what they don't want, it becomes easier to say "next candidate, please." One could have a very pleasant date with someone, but if neither party sees it meeting thier objectives then a second date is not in the cards.

I think the sex-on-the-third date thing stems from this logic. If you're willing to go on a second date w/ a person, it clearly means that you found something attractive during the first. And after two dates, if you still like them and are willing to go out again, then the chances are high that there's a pretty good groove on. For many people, that it enough for sex.

Indeed, lots of folks would rather have sex sooner rather than later -- if the sex is bad or you're incompatible in the bedroom, then there's no point going further and getting more emotionally attached. Plenty of people s1ut their way into a relationship and, truth be told, it can be a pretty good strategy in finding a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Obviously, of course, others want to wait. To each their own.
I agree this is how a lot of people approach dating...I think it's sad and just disagree adamantly with it. Sure looks matter and other basic things but once you start nit-picking too much you're probably going to end up writing off a lot of great people too soon...that's pretty much what serial daters do and the people that go on one date with someone then poof. It takes time to truly get to know someone. Also there is no rulebook on sex - plenty of people like to wait on that for down the road when there's more of an emotional connection.. or they at least have no problem with it or are open to waiting.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
plenty of people like to wait on that for down the road when there's more of an emotional connection.. or they at least have no problem with it or are open to waiting.
That's undoubtedly true, and if works for them then that's great.

But what if two people honestly and truly have high libidos and like to get their inner kink going? Neither one of them wants to wait becasue that's not who either one of them is. In fact, such folks shouldn't wait, and if one party is a "not yet, I want to wait" kind of person then this sends a signal to the other person that the two of them are not incompatible.

The fact is that waiting to have sex works if both parties want to, and are willing to, wait, and if waiting is something that they both find value in. This, in and of itself, is a matter of compatibility. Some people are simply NOT "wait" kind of folks. And, therefore, they shouldn't wait.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 PM

507 posts, read 879,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
Good observation. Funny, since without it they wouldn't have had that date at all. Better to step up to bat and strike out than never get a chance.

Yea, rejection makes you feel so good and is a real boost to your mental well-being.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
women on dating sites can line up pretty much unlimited dates a whole lot easier then they can in real life. log on after work while watching tv and have dozens of msgs just sitting there from d00ds wanting a date. i know some girls that just use sites to serial date over and over because they never meet "that perfect guy"
This has more to do with the person than it does with online dating per se. The women who serial date until they meet the perfect guy would probably do that even if they weren't meeting men online. But because online dating broadens the number of men they can meet, it ends up being a magnet for these kinds of women. But that still doesn't mean all the women on there are like this.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 AM

201 posts, read 648,635 times
oh man, i dont even know what to say. is this a put on? oh man... boy oh boy, jeez. you must not get out much. oh man, i cant believe it.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Well....my sister just spilled the beans:

Date #1--looking to make you spend as much money as possible.

Date #2--Making you spend more money...and then going back to your place to case your joint.

Date #3--This is where things get sinister. More money being spent. Going back to your place. From there they will have the sex with you. When you are asleep they will steal your identity. Then they will marry and divorce you and take 31% of your stuff and you will cry.

Run run away from women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot the part where we make you run the obstacle course, perform feats of strength, and then solve complicated logic puzzles. Chicks dig testing men, after all.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:58 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
There have been plenty of women who didn't want a second or third date with me, and conversely, there have been plenty of women I didn't want to see again for a second or subsequent date.

It's very simple - we weren't sufficiently compatible in some way that mattered to one or both of us.

Next!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This is my experience and what I have heard as well. From what I understand women using an online dating site like match or p.o.f. can like up like 5 first dates a week easily...men are just sort of a number to them and there's no incentive to actually take the time to get to know someone.
Well... of the women you have dated off of these sites, how would you grade them? Are they above average in looks compared to the single women around you in your normal social and work circles? Or are they average looking women like the women in your life, but just that they are single and actively looking for a boyfriend?

Another thought is that these women on the dating sites are looking for a boyfriend that is more special than the men they normally encounter in their own lives. So if you go on these first dates with them, and you don't come across as being a better catch than what they already have access to, then they just aren't going to pursue a relationship with you. I think that you've described yourself as an average looking nice guy, but that isn't going to cut it with these online dates.

When you are going through these online profiles, what motivates you to contact these women? What is your criteria for picking out the ones you ask out to date? Do you weed out the ones that aren't skinny? What about the plain Janes, do you ask any of them out? Or do you gravitate towards the prettiest ones? Maybe you are trying to date out of your league with these women, but you are persistent enough that they will allow you one date with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships