Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times

Advertisements

You'll probably come up with some lame excuse as to why you can't go out with them that night anyway so why bother?

Or maybe as someone already said, they are C-D posters who want to see if you are for real or not.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,027,772 times
I looked into my crystal ball. Here's how it all turns out:

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:35 AM..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,394,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I looked into my crystal ball. Here's how it all turns out:
Which one is TV&SG??

Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I met this girl from Washington D.C. and she wanted o know a good hotel to stay in and I told her and she then said thanks for the info and maybe you can have dinner with me and one of my girlfriends that night I come to philly?

Why would she want to have dinner with me and one of her girlfriends? Or is this some sort of freaky hidden agenda?
Did you meet her in person when you were traveling or do you just know her online?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Did you meet her in person when you were traveling or do you just know her online?
No we met online and talked on the phone

Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Online by chance or online on a dating site?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I see. Its really up to you, I guess.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Online by chance or online on a dating site?
dating site

Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
dating site
Well, then maybe she's one of those overly cautious women. Not that I blame her in THIS case!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,907 times
Quote:
I met this girl from Washington D.C. and she wanted o know a good hotel to stay in and I told her and she then said thanks for the info and maybe you can have dinner with me and one of my girlfriends that night I come to philly?

Why would she want to have dinner with me and one of her girlfriends? Or is this some sort of freaky hidden agenda?
Doesn't sound like something strange to me, lol! Maybe she's just really into you. And her friend coming along isn't all that surprising. You're probably still in the "stranger" category in her mind and she is probably just bringing the friend along as a safety measure. No biggie!

If I were her, I would do the same. I might meet a fellow young (and legal) CD member in Boston soon. I asked him if he had a MySpace or Facebook account (I just wanted to see a picture of him) so that my friends and I know exactly WHO I might be potentially meeting in a city that we have never been to before. It's just a safety measure, nothing more! Hopefully I didn't creep the guy out and that he understands where I'm coming from with it. Ladies need to be careful out there!! But back to what I was saying...

If you DO think that they have some "freaky hidden agenda":

1) Meet her and her friend someplace not expensive for dinner...maybe Applebee's or something like that. This way if they do the dine-n-dash thing, you can afford to cover the bill. Hopefully this won't happen. And get their FIRST, so they can't slip stuff into your drink (in case they do have a hidden agenda)!!! Wait until they get there to order drinks...they're probably thinking the same you're thinking right now. It's natural for people to be nervous when meeting strangers for the first time (assuming this is the 1st time you're meeting the woman).

2) This is NOT a date since her friend will also be there. You don't have to pay for everything. If you want to pay for something of theirs (drinks, septa tokens, etc.) wait a while into the night. Let them know (without explicitly stating it (unless they mention the topic 1st) that you're not Mr. Moneybags and don't intend to be!

3) Do not invite them to your place if you don't have to! Enjoy a night on the town! Maybe offer walk them back to their apt. building (if close by) or to a cab or train/trolley/bus station that will take them back home once they are ready to leave and retire for the night.

Okay...there's my guide to not getting caught up in a freaky hidden agenda! Have oodles and noodles of fun in Philly, TVandSportsGuy! Relax and enjoy!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships