Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:43 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times

Advertisements

I have learned that instead of it being primarily a case of being "too pretty" some men are highly intimidated by independent, confident, financially stable women who are outspoken. ...and that's when I say "next"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 PM

179 posts, read 357,127 times
It isn't anything u are doing wrong. As a guy myself, I would not treat u like that. I am the guy who actually cares for the girl, is respectful, kind, and is faithful. That is probably why I am STILL single... Anyway, u are too god for those type of guys, ones who cheat and lie. Find a good guy, that will treat u nice and treat u like the queen u are... U might have to search though, guys like ME are hard to find now in todays world. Just be patient.. like I have been with the ladies.. Good luck!
--Brandon

Old 08-12-2007, 07:53 PM

109 posts, read 436,171 times
Default Umm

You need to read this book: Why Men Love *******! by Sherry Argov. I have that book.. it's good.

“The ***** understands that when a man wants something, he’ll go after it, and going after it makes him want it even more,” she says.

Most men, explains Argov, are also almost always scared of losing their freedom. A ***** seems more attractive to men because she’s a little more aloof, is more focused on herself, and hence has little interest in taking away his freedom. The ***** is self-centered in a way: She chooses to develop and nurture herself first, before any one else—and focuses on herself, rather than on a guy.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
You sound like a very nice and attractive girl, but my wife and I think that the "nice" part of you shouldn't be so nice. A lot of men will use that against you and it obvious that the men you have been picking have been doing just that. Some guys do get very intimidated by a girls earnings and career they are in. I remember (years before I met my wife), I dated a nurse a couple of times. She had been married for a number of years and divorced for a couple. With the money she got from her divorce, she bought a nice car and a nice house for herself and her two daughters. Her daughters were very nice, but she just had to many nice "things" and I just didn't think I could afford her. I told her that she needed a guy that was on a more even-scale with her lifestyle/money than I was......she understood/agreed and that was the end of that.
Know what you want and go for that. Don't like smokers......don't choose a smoker. If you love going to church and Bible study, make sure the guy you get interested in has those interests/beliefs.
Good Luck

Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2575 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
wont lie to you, if your not willing to have sex, your going to have a tough time finding a guy.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:54 PM

48 posts, read 151,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
wont lie to you, if your not willing to have sex, your going to have a tough time finding a guy.
That's a bit harsh! i know a pair that have been together for 8 years, still not married, still haven't had sex, they are fine!

you should never do something you don't want to just because you think it will get you a guy, quite often guys have a lot more respect for those who wait.....although I do think waiting until after marriage can be pretty hard for some guys! I don't think that if they love you, it would matter. You'll be fine once you find the right guy, you should never sacrifice you're beliefs/wants for a guy. Shame is the same thing works in reverse, if you meet someone who believes that sex is an important part of a relationship and needs to have good sexual relations before marriage to know the girl is the one, then I guess you are just two different people and its not meant to be....

As for being pretty, that isn't everything, although I am sure that there is a lot more to you as it sounds from your post. And I do believe there is a fine line between nice good and too nice, guys like a bit of rebel, a bit of mystery, but you have said you're independent so i don't imagine you are clingy or a walk over, I duno, just some things aren't meant to be, I do think someone with the same view on sex as you would be ideal. Although the pair I mentioned above, he doesn't share her view,but respects it unconditionally. So it defiantely can happen...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass-Stained Feet View Post

I know a pair that have been together for 8 years, still not married, still haven't had sex, they are fine!
No. They're not!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:50 PM

320 posts, read 954,528 times
girl i hear you ...i am in you shoes as i type!!! but i am not worried ...single life is a blessing in itself i think.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
My girl happens to be the prettiest on the planet. I don't like her. I love her.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My girl happens to be the prettiest on the planet. I don't like her. I love her.
I can't rep you, but every post you place up here Rance... is wonderful....

you two are so lucky to have come across one another.. I am so happy for you both!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships