Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 AM

64 posts, read 333,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'm pretty sure my better half was given to me by God. Or me to her I'm not sure which. But I do know he had to have something to do with it. I can find no other explanation as to why or how our paths crossed when they did. In any case I thank him every day for making that happen.
If a man sets out to persue a woman just for sex, then dump her...I'd call that a sin and then some. But if two people feel a bond and stick with each other through thick and thin, and feel they both have come together as one...I see no reason why they cannot be intimate with each other. Matter of fact...I'm pretty sure it put's a smile on Gods face to see two people love each other and not just use each other for physical pleasure.
Well spoken Rance and very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 10:21 AM

320 posts, read 955,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydawg View Post
I only responded that way because you said I had lowered my standards. I have not.
By your own admission, in your other post, you have said you are not married or even come close.
I assume by that you mean you have never been deeply in love with anyone.
How do you know what you would do? Making love with a person who you deeply love is one of God's greatest gifts.
Anyone can read the Bible and make their own decision as to what it means. It is not so cut and dry as you make it out to be, what you are saying is only your opinion. That is all, your opinion, it does not make you 100% right.
Gees, you sould like my Mother.
I'm not saying I think it's right but there would be a lot less divorces if couples would live together for a few years before getting married.
[SIZE=2]_______________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

i see your logic behind it but i still don't excuse it...and YES i have been "deeply in love" with someone....i just choose not to sleep with someone just because i am "in love " with them... you know? i value being a virgin and will not give that up until i am married ...these are just my morals...but thank you for responding

Old 02-01-2008, 12:33 AM

61 posts, read 251,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2575 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
Almost all men do, the problem well alot of them have dated a good woman till she dumped him for some guy that treated her like crap.

Then some are to intimidated to talk to women, hell I wouldn't walk up to one and start a conversation for nothing but then my wife now tells me I am married to my car and not her hahahahahahaha!!

To be totally honest her friend pushed her on me and that was how we started talking otherwise I would have never said a word to her!!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 AM

112 posts, read 569,698 times
Default Limited Resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
i (sic) value being a virgin and will not give that up until i (sic) am married ...these are just my morals...
Good luck with that.

But consider: Women lose "marriage value" as they age. Men want young women who can bear healthy children. So any female's time as Queen Of The Hill is, biologically speaking, short. Far too short. The problem of course is that when she is most sought-after a young beautiful girl is also most inexperienced. Youth is wasted on the young and all that. By the time she wises up-- that is, notices that guys are not falling over themselves to win her favors anymore-- it is too late. The wave of younger girls who were just kids when she started her Reign, have now matured into their own Power Years.

No one said it is fair.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:51 AM

320 posts, read 955,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoghi View Post
Good luck with that.

But consider: Women lose "marriage value" as they age. Men want young women who can bear healthy children. So any female's time as Queen Of The Hill is, biologically speaking, short. Far too short. The problem of course is that when she is most sought-after a young beautiful girl is also most inexperienced. Youth is wasted on the young and all that. By the time she wises up-- that is, notices that guys are not falling over themselves to win her favors anymore-- it is too late. The wave of younger girls who were just kids when she started her Reign, have now matured into their own Power Years.

No one said it is fair.

Trust me...i am still too young to even consider marriage...i have my whole life ahead of me now....and yes i agree the older you get the harder it is...but i am only 23 and i still look like i am 18 honestly...so no problem there...bilogically ,yes i am getting older but i am not worried . My life is in God's hands and i have full trust in him that he will provide...thank you for your response....like i said i have a different outlook on life then most people..but that does not make me better then other people, i just choose to live differently that's all

Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 AM

397 posts, read 1,027,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoghi View Post
Good luck with that.

No one said it is fair.
Well, I personally think this is nonsense and a completely outdated concept. It is true that, after a certain age, the risk of a pregnancy increases. But, with today's medical advancements, that age is NOT 23. I personally do not think most 23 year olds should be having babies yet - that age is a time to enjoy life, travel, advance your career, explore potential partners for life etc.
There is plenty of time to have children in the late-20s to mid-30s and still do so safely.

Besides, many choose not to marry or have children at all. And if a man is so superficial as to choose a life partner only based on looks and childbearing ability, then you probably want to reconsider him as a life partner.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,085,655 times
I agree with Gretchen. I have a 23 year old and he is in no way ready for marriage and children. Not that he isn't a mature adult, but I can see that he just isn't ready to handle this kind of responsibility and at 23 he shouldn't have to.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM

112 posts, read 569,698 times
Default ...

Quote:
i (sic) am still too young to even consider marriage...
You win. How can I compete with the wisdom of youth?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM

61 posts, read 251,585 times
Not to get to far off topic but 23 may be a tad young to have children but 30 is a tad late. There are risk that increase with age and getting pregnate at 30 and older greatly increases them.

Science is great and all but Cancer is greater.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:21 PM

582 posts, read 2,041,827 times
Quote:
i see your logic behind it but i still don't excuse it...and YES i have been "deeply in love" with someone....i just choose not to sleep with someone just because i am "in love " with them... you know? i value being a virgin and will not give that up until i am married ...these are just my morals...but thank you for responding
finding out if you are sexually compatible is important to a relationship.sex is not the most important thing in a relationship but is definetely at the top of the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships