Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 AM

550 posts, read 1,217,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2575 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
The religion thing...that's sort of a no-no for me...
If you mean that you need to marry before sex then I can see why they search other sources to fulfill their needs...

I'd break up rather than cheat but hey that's just me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:51 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,836,624 times
Quote:
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
Yes! How old are you anyway? You sound very young and naive.

The fact is you gotta stir it up in the bedroom if you don't want a guy to stray. Two years of "notta" is a pretty good reason for a guy to cheat. Afterall...guys have needs...and so do most women!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 AM

4,539 posts, read 8,364,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Yes! How old are you anyway? You sound very young and naive.

The fact is you gotta stir it up in the bedroom if you don't want a guy to stray. Two years of "notta" is a pretty good reason for a guy to cheat. Afterall...guys have needs...and so do most women!
Doubt she's going to answer you. Her last post was in 2007.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,604,105 times
I don't know which is worse. Someone actually creating this thread or the hundreds of responses to it.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 2,462 times
I have the same problem and I don't understand it either =( I am sorry this happened to you, most guys can be such jerks.

Do you think maybe guys are intimidated by how great we are? I have a lot of good qualities myself and I have to give myself a little ego here and say I am very pretty, smart and funny, but guys never give me a second chance, they think one date is all it takes to figure out whether they like me or not, how dumb is that? I recently met a guy who seemed so great, we went out for dinner, he kissed me goodnight and we texted for a few days, he asked me about my day and weekend and now he hasn't responded in two days. I don't know what happened, he was so excited and shy during dinner, we had a great conversation and lots of laughs.

I am starting to believe that who I am is intimidating and it seems to be the same in your case. You sound like an amazing person and I think guys can't handle it. I go to church every Sunday myself and I am a good person, no drinking, no sleeping with guys, etc. However, I know that not ALL guys are jerks like the ones we have both dealt with but sometimes it seems there is no hope =/

Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 2,462 times
What is so wrong with religion? It's a person's choice and I'm sorry but if sex is that important to a guy, than what kind of man are you?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,694,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolle12 View Post
I have the same problem and I don't understand it either =( I am sorry this happened to you, most guys can be such jerks.

Do you think maybe guys are intimidated by how great we are? I have a lot of good qualities myself and I have to give myself a little ego here and say I am very pretty, smart and funny, but guys never give me a second chance, they think one date is all it takes to figure out whether they like me or not, how dumb is that? I recently met a guy who seemed so great, we went out for dinner, he kissed me goodnight and we texted for a few days, he asked me about my day and weekend and now he hasn't responded in two days. I don't know what happened, he was so excited and shy during dinner, we had a great conversation and lots of laughs.

I am starting to believe that who I am is intimidating and it seems to be the same in your case. You sound like an amazing person and I think guys can't handle it. I go to church every Sunday myself and I am a good person, no drinking, no sleeping with guys, etc. However, I know that not ALL guys are jerks like the ones we have both dealt with but sometimes it seems there is no hope =/
I doubt you're 'intimidating' them, they just aren't that into you. I had a big crush on a guy, we got along fantastically and last Friday had a really nice, long conversation about rally cars and F1 racing. He was really surprised that I knew that much about cars and racing and I thought it was going really well! Then, he asked my sister out who spent the night texting on her phone and rolling her eyes (she hates when I talk about cars). So, he just wasn't into me regardless of how much we had in common. He wasn't 'intimidated' by my knowledge, he just wasn't interested in anything but a chat.

It happens, you move on.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,610,415 times
Quote:
be happy that at least you've been in relationships before

Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM

29,781 posts, read 34,571,846 times
Zombie thread. The last post in this thread before today's was from May of 2010.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,963,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolle12 View Post
I go to church every Sunday myself and I am a good person, no drinking, no sleeping with guys, etc. However, I know that not ALL guys are jerks like the ones we have both dealt with but sometimes it seems there is no hope =/
You typed the answer out yourself right there. You go to church, don't drink, don't sleep with guys. You're a barrel of fun. Look, guys don't want to date their mom. Lighten up and you'll see better results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships